Just came across this article. Seems iPhone is even more magical and is no gives information via intuition:
    iPhone 4S Audio Problems: Users Complain Of No Sound On Outgoing Calls
    Can you hear me now? Can you hear me ever?

No, it's not the chorus of the latest Coldplay song, but the cries of a growing chorus of frustrated iPhone 4S owners. These disgruntled Apple-ites have taken to the official Apple discussion forums to complain of an unidentified, intermittent bug in the new iPhone that they say silences all audio on outgoing phone calls.

The most popular thread runs over 100 pages and has garnered more than 150,000 views in less than three months. Most of the thread's over 1,700 comments concern the apparent inability to hear the recipient when making outgoing calls, even though the recipient can hear the caller just fine.

A few representative posts from the Apple discussion forum:

Picked up a Verizon iPhone 4S - 32GB and on about 1 in 10 calls I get no outbound audio when dialing. Call shows the timer counting as if the call is progressing but absolutely no ring back and cannot hear the party on the other end when they answer.
    I am also having the same issue in Australia on the Telstra network with the new iphone 4S. If I make a call, no audio. The person I called can hear me but I can't hear them.
    Same problem here. Got new iPhone 4S yesterday and when the issue does occur - which seems to be more often than not for me the phone looks as if it is dialing but I do not hear the rings, the timer starts counting up when the other party answers but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me. Once in awhile I can hear them but they cannot hear me. Very frustrating. Positng this to further reinforce to Apple this is an issue that needs to be fixed.
    While using speakerphone, a Bluetooth headset, or turning Siri off have proved to be temporary fixes, none of these solutions are practical if the glitch is occurring on every call, as some users have reported. The frequency of the audio outages seems to vary widely, with some users only reporting problems on one in fifty calls. A spokesperson for Apple declined to comment on the issue.

The apparent glitch was first noticed in mid-October when the iPhone 4S was launched, but at the time complaints were overshadowed by the more widespread and loudly criticized iOS 5 battery troubles. Apple has addressed these battery issues in two separate statements, though it has not yet publicly acknowledged the audio problem, which has gained considerable media attention over the past months, with influential tech blogs including Mashable, Gizmodo and MacRumors all detailing the kerfuffle.

Coverage peaked again this week when tech site GigaOM published a report claiming that the issue would not be resolved with the upcoming release of iOS 5.1, a claim we were unable to confirm as iOS 5.1 is currently in closed beta testing and cannot be discussed by developers with knowledge of the upgrade. It should be noted, however, that the beta build of an iOS does not feature what will or will not be included in the final version.

We'll have to wait until iOS 5.1 officially drops before we know for sure whether it will solve the iPhone 4S's occasional audio woes. For now, if you're experiencing this problem, let us know in the comments below. Also, many carriers are offering handset trade-ins and The Atlantic Wire put together a nice list of potential solutions. We'll let you know the moment Apple updates us.
    I guess they are holding it wrong .

So they are talking about sending out a correction with an updated OS. If RIM does that people bring up examples of how Apple gets right the first time.
    I guess it doesn't matter that people can't make calls. They have a million apps to keep themselves busy.
    01-12-12 12:49 AM
    Yep, definitely a bug.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 07:11 AM
    Thanks for the info sam, your blatant bashing is most appreciated.

People who claim Apple always gets things right the first time are just fanboys. I would think that would be pretty obvious at this point.

RIMs software gets bashed because the initial releases have been a mess for a while now. Out of all 3 BBs I had, none of the OSs it shipped with were stable. I wouldn't even consider that a bash, more like the truth. I owned the devices so that was just my experience.
    01-12-12 08:38 AM
    So they are talking about sending out a correction with an updated OS. If RIM does that people bring up examples of how Apple gets right the first time.
    I guess it doesn't matter that people can't make calls. They have a million apps to keep themselves busy.
    You nailed it: the iPhone can't make calls, and the PlayBook can't send e-mail. Who cares if neither statement is true?
    01-12-12 09:35 AM
    You nailed it: the iPhone can't make calls, and the PlayBook can't send e-mail. Who cares if neither statement is true?
    Still waiting for you to answer the question on Playbook forum....
    01-12-12 04:47 PM
    I dont think its the device , reason behind my statement
    1. i had that happen on my 8330 alot
    2. happened on my 9550 alot
    3. happens on my work phone a moto barrage daily
    4. and it has happened once on my iphone 4

so this to me is another attempt for a BB user to come here to troll/stir up fire.
    01-12-12 05:30 PM
    I dont think its the device , reason behind my statement
    1. i had that happen on my 8330 alot
    2. happened on my 9550 alot
    3. happens on my work phone a moto barrage daily
    4. and it has happened once on my iphone 4

so this to me is another attempt for a BB user to come here to troll/stir up fire.
    It's a problem routing the audio after using Siri. If I use Siri thru the speaker (like a speaker phone call), no problem. If I use Siri via the earpiece (ie up to my ear, like a phone call) the audio sometimes doesn't get looped back to the mic for my next phone call. It's definitely an issue but I've only experienced it a couple of times. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

It's also hard to explain!

Last edited by xandermac; 01-12-12 at 09:27 PM.
    01-12-12 09:24 PM
    It's a problem routing the audio after using Siri. If I use Siri thru the speaker, no problem. If I use Siri via the earpiece (ie like a phone call) the audio sometimes doesn't get looped back to the mic for my next phone call. It's definitely an issue but I've only experienced it a couple of times. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

It's also hard to explain!

then that makes more sense. but also just stating that it also is not just a certain device, as that it can also be a network issue as well. the company i work for is a large contractor for public safety radios, and our towers also have cell sites on them as well. we will at times see their system techs carrying other carriers due to lack of coverage under the tower if their building does not have a repeater in it. but as i said, just putting other ideas out there
    01-12-12 09:30 PM
    then that makes more sense. but also just stating that it also is not just a certain device, as that it can also be a network issue as well. the company i work for is a large contractor for public safety radios, and our towers also have cell sites on them as well. we will at times see their system techs carrying other carriers due to lack of coverage under the tower if their building does not have a repeater in it. but as i said, just putting other ideas out there
    Absolutely. I agree entirely. It's the least of my problems to be honest. AT&T signal at my house is so weak I have no service 70% of the time! So no audio on a call isn't really an issue when I cant make a call to begin with! AT&T say they're expanding the network here within 90 days so we'll see if it gets better. I'm sure the Siri issue will be addressed by then.
    Thank god for wifi, Imessage, google voice SMS and Skype have filled the gap so far.
    01-12-12 09:35 PM
    Still waiting for you to answer the question on Playbook forum....
    Which question?
    01-12-12 10:46 PM
    Yep, we aren't permitted outside our forum but we can get trolled.

Same ol' same ol'

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 01:25 AM
    In the OP's defense (and I've noted the time and date since it will probably never happen again), he actually posted this in News & Rumors, and it was moved by the mods. He didn't need the hyperbole, but that's just how he rolls.
    01-13-12 09:22 AM
    I think he has another alias as samboycott .... just saying... he's been trolling too... I find it highly coincidental considering their user names
    01-13-12 06:06 PM
    Clever I think you are on to something. I was thinking of the same thing the other day.
    01-14-12 08:42 PM
    That has happened to me on my 4S a few times. I thought it was the network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 06:17 AM
    This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Trying to leave my wife a voicemail, and the voicemail system kept interrupting me saying it didn't hear my message, press 1 to leave a message, etc. I had to give up. It's bad enough putting up with some of the other bugs, but if I can't even count on talking on my PHONE, I may have to get rid of it.
    01-16-12 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD