Okay so here it goes. I am making a call to all of teamiphone that frequents this section and love it as I do. It seems that this section of CB has become increasingly nasty and hostile over the last few months and I want to see if we can try and put a stop to it. I think one of the main issues is that there are so many iPhone haters that seem to want to come into this section just to say negative things about the smartphone that we enjoy. I suggest that instead of responding to them that from here on out we just ignore them and pretend that that do not exist. I know that I am one of the worst offenders when it comes to that but I am making this promise, I will no longer quote or in any other way respond to people that have nothing to offer other then bashing the iPhone.

I also want to say that we need to do our part in this as well, this is after all a Blackberry site and we all need to refrain from saying negative things about the Blackberry in this or any other thread here on CB. I may no longer use a Berry but I will always be a crackberry and always have love for this site and the AWESOME members and staff that make it so special.
    07-02-10 04:25 AM
    Agreed. I defected from blackberry but I understand why people choose the phones that they do whether its an iPhone, blackberry or Android. Personally I think the iPhone is great phone but I'm a Verizon customer. All that matters is which phone is best for you right. I enjoy coming here to read ALL the forums, the bashing is childish.
    07-02-10 05:01 AM
    cv78, I've been doing that for a week or two on my own.
    My lip hurts from biting it.
    Ignoring ignorant, hateful comments is not my first instinct.

I don't bash BlackBerry for a few reasons:

1. I've met people on this site who I now consider friends. Why would I insult them?

2. I was one of the BlackBerry rah rah crowd, until I tried something else. Trying something else opened up my mind, so that I could understand...
    Get whatever best suits your needs.

3. It's just a device. A thing.

4. I am not in a schoolyard. I do not define myself by what smartphone is in my pocket, intolerant of all others, just to be part of a group.
    My self esteem moved past that point a few decades ago.
    07-02-10 06:11 AM
    What a load of crap!

JK!

Good Point all around!
    07-02-10 07:15 AM
    I agree in not responding to people who troll in the Apple section, however I will not refrain from stating my feelings on why I switched from a BlackBerry or why I feel the iPhone is superior to a BlackBerry (or any other phone for that matter). The problem is and will always be that people come from the BB sections of this forum to attack the iPhone users if anyone posts anything negative about BB. This is the iPhone section and people are here for a reason, because they use an iPhone instead of a BB. If people here want to profess their undying love for the iPhone and what they don't like about BB or anything else, they should (respectfully of course). Just the same that anyone in the Android section deserves to speak their feelings on why they use it over BB or anything else, and the same with people in the BB section stating their dislikes of other phones compared to their BB.

I think the issue is this is an iPhone section on a BB forum so of course the BB diehards will come into this forum to defend BB. I just wish the mods would moderate that a little better.
    07-02-10 07:52 AM
    Well said. But anyone who takes this stuff so serious to the point where you resort you actually insulting people really need to get a life. These are phones. People act like you're talking about their mom. And many people wouldn't even defend their mom the way they defend their phone. It's just amazing how people take joy to see something bad happen to others. These are freaking phones and that's it.

Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with people expressing their opinions about a device or platform especially when they have experience with it. The problems arises when someone takes exception to that person's OPINION and starts flame contest. A person is entitled to their opinion and if they want to voice it, so be it. But if they are just spewing hate without know what they are talking about, just ignore them.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-02-10 at 09:08 AM.
    07-02-10 09:05 AM
    i do it just to do it, sorry. i just really hate apple, and i have reasons. (i'll keep this site from being anti-gum'int) lol. the best phone to me was personally the moto razr when that launched and i still miss it lol.
    plus the majority of macbook users i know have the mod to look like windows, its funny but sad at the same time. but the same to us, if you jump on any theme forum i bet youll find on the first page an iphone theme for blackberry lol.
    with all that being said once the iphone jumps to other carriers instead of att, we would probably stop the bashing. lets see if it drops calls on verizon lol
    07-02-10 09:33 AM
    Request Denied.

JK lol

Prada, the most notorious phone hopper of all has been seeing clearly since '08/

07-02-10 09:46 AM

I also want to say that we need to do our part in this as well, this is after all a Blackberry site and we all need to refrain from saying negative things about the Blackberry in this or any other thread here on CB. I may no longer use a Berry but I will always be a crackberry and always have love for this site and the AWESOME members and staff that make it so special.
    I always thought that going to a Blackberry site and boasting about the iPhone is akin to going to a KKK meeting and saying how great MLK is.
    07-02-10 12:36 PM
    ... I suggest that instead of responding to them that from here on out we just ignore them and pretend that that do not exist. ...
    If you use the ignore function, the user really won't exist as far as you are concerned. You won't see any posts by him or her unless the post is quoted by another user.

A while back a user posted something like, "if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore me." People in the thread did and later he complained that people were acting like he didn't exist!
    07-02-10 01:18 PM
    I always thought that going to a Blackberry site and boasting about the iPhone is akin to going to a KKK meeting and saying how great MLK is.
    Yeah of course if you're going into blackberry device threads and boasting and starting meaniless threads. But there's nothing wrong with it if you're doing that in the sub-forum that's dedicated for that device. Blackberry users come in the iPhone forum all the time to start thread about dumb stuff. It's done all over this site. Of course this is a blackberry site, but to stay current with everything and give other users a place to discuss Crackberry has also dedicated sub-forums for other devices and platforms so for anyone to say "if you don't have a blackberry, get off the site unless you say something nice about my device" is ridiculous.
    07-02-10 01:44 PM
    Yeah of course if you're going into blackberry device threads and boasting and starting meaniless threads. But there's nothing wrong with it if you're doing that in the sub-forum that's dedicated for that device. Blackberry users come in the iPhone forum all the time to start thread about dumb stuff. It's done all over this site. Of course this is a blackberry site, but to stay current with everything and give other users a place to discuss Crackberry has also dedicated sub-forums for other devices and platforms so for anyone to say "if you don't have a blackberry, get off the site unless you say something nice about my device" is ridiculous.
    I understand the purpose of the sub-forum, especially since you would figure a lot of current iPhone users are former BB users. It's just you have to assume the vast majority of visitors/members of the site are going to be BB biased, and are going to knock on the iPhone every chance they get. Even Futurama is knocking on the iPhone.
    07-02-10 01:51 PM
    A while back a user posted something like, "if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore me." People in the thread did and later he complained that people were acting like he didn't exist!

this is hilarious!!
    07-02-10 02:05 PM

I remember that lol

Actually always refer back to what Kevin stated in his New Years Resolution. Think we should all read it from time to time..

Hey Folks,

2008 is winding down and man oh man has it be a crazy good year for the BlackBerry world and especially CrackBerry.com. We've seen the site grow by leaps and bounds. We've truly grown from CrackBerry village to CrackBerry community to CRACKBERRY NATION!

With this growth and size come huge benefits and also challenges. Looking at benefits, we have a huge knowledge base, a vibrant and diverse community and a lot of fun!

On the other side of the equation, we have an emerging challenge that seems to be on a bit of a slippery slope as of late and it's something we need to resolve to fix as a community - a lack of patience! In pretty much every BIG forum community I have ever visited or participated in, there always seems to be the same issue... As the site grows, the tone of the board changes a bit. Because we are such a big and active community, we are comprised of members from all parts of the BlackBerry life cycle - complete newbies, old pros and everything in between. We have members who have been here a week and members who have been here since day one. This mix causes the challenge... it's been noted in this thread and I received an email from a member just yesterday who words it so well I'm simply going to cut and paste it in here to explain:

Let me preface this by saying I enjoy the site and will continue to...
    but... I gotta say that while there is an obvious problem with people
    posting topics before they search (or search WELL, which is part of it
    because a search only works well depending on your search-terms), I am
    having a much bigger problem reading post after post of taunting or
    chastising people for failing to use the search (well).

While a poster might post one misplaced topic, the thread then keeps
    getting new life as poster after poster appoints themselves in charge
    of explaining how that topic has already been discussed and/or making
    fun of the poster for being so moronic (sometimes actually calling
    them a moron) for not doing research before excitedly posting. It's
    not merely a waste of time to see these posts--it's offputing from a
    tone-of-the-site perspective.

So here's our resolution CrackBerry Forum Nation......

As a community, let's keep it helpful and friendly in the forums for 2009.

At CrackBerry.com we take pride in keeping these forums very open. If you've been here a while you've probably noticed this yourself. We don't want the forums to be a police state where you need to be scared to post something for fear of getting banned by a moderator.

At the same time, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions, which include following the forum rules and guidelines, including our rules for General Member Conduct, which I'll post right here:

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report Post function - exclamation mark inside a triangle at the top right corner of every post - to report something to the mod team that you think is offside). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

When it comes to this forum resolution for 2009, it's going to take the whole community to see make it happen. We *could* put down the moderation hammer and clean things up, but honestly, that's the last thing I'd ever want to see happen here and it would be worse on the forum as a whole. We need to police our own actions and the problem will take care of itself. It really is simple. If you can't be nice in the response you're about to post, then just don't post it. The community is big and somebody who's willing to respond in a more positive tone is likely just around the corner and will step in.

Let's make it happen CrackBerry Nation! As I said above, this is an issue that all big community forums tend to run into, but I know this forum is a cut above the rest. We can continue to make this THE place to be for all things BlackBerry and do it in a friendly and fun manner.

Have a safe and happy holiday season and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    07-02-10 02:17 PM
    I think that while a few folks on both sides can get pretty nasty, most of us who frequent both forums are either Appke and BB owners (I am), curious about what is going on, or simply critical of certain things. For example, I find the iPhone to be a pretty amazing piece of tech overall, but unlike many iPhone owners I am not afraid to talk about the shortcomings or what I hope to see in the future, or whatever. Same goes with BlacBerrys. Each has a certain set if strengths and weaknesses. I think it needs to be OK to talk about the good and bad of any platform and in some cases even laugh at certain things.

I also think everyone needs to realize that not everyone has the same needs and wants. For my personal phone BlackBerry still works better for me, but that doesn't mean that I think the iPhone sucks or that people who have them are stupid. It just means they have different needs and priorities than I do.

Whatever the case, there have been and probably will continue to be childish insults and what not. It is just naturally a side effect of forums. Best to just try to ignore it and brush it off. I bet in quite a few cases too, it is simply misunderstandings. Often things in forums are posted in fun and taken seriously. I bet if all the fighters in both groups here were to meet in person there would be a lot of beer dri king going on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 07-02-10 at 05:19 PM.
    07-02-10 03:36 PM
    BEER! I'd bring the keg lol. But that would be a good idea, I'd go to a crackberry convention if they hosted one. Think about the money you mods, we would spend a lot lol.

07-02-10 06:18 PM
    Boy, I wish everyone would do this in all the forums. I have 3 phones, and the Storm forum must really dislike the iphone. It seems every week another thread starts up bashing the iPhone. It's gotten so bad, I don't go there as much. Since I'm still learning the iPhones, I've been lurking, but have decided to hang around more now. I enjoy ALL my phones, not just one. Now, if I could only hold my phone right. JK (actually, I have a case anyway, LOL). The best way to get at Trolls is just what the OP is suggesting, ignore them. The thread doesn't last and it falls off faster. Plus ... they don't get the rise they are after.
    07-02-10 07:15 PM
    Boy, I wish everyone would do this in all the forums. I have 3 phones, and the Storm forum must really dislike the iphone. It seems every week another thread starts up bashing the iPhone. It's gotten so bad, I don't go there as much. Since I'm still learning the iPhones, I've been lurking, but have decided to hang around more now. I enjoy ALL my phones, not just one. Now, if I could only hold my phone right. JK (actually, I have a case anyway, LOL). The best way to get at Trolls is just what the OP is suggesting, ignore them. The thread doesn't last and it falls off faster. Plus ... they don't get the rise they are after.
    It's like a lot of users that don't have the iPhone just have resentment towards it and Apple. I think it started because when the iPhone first came out many users touted how great they thought the device was and talked bad about other device. Even if it was true, it was often over the top. So that created resentment against iPhones, the users and Apple. So nowadays you still have that resentment and it seems like blackberry users and Android users feel the need to "team up" to trash the iPhone. It's weird and crazy.
    07-02-10 07:21 PM
    This may seem trivial, but I started as a BB user, and now am considering the switch to the iPhone, or some sort of Android device. I'll continue to come use the forums of Crackberry because honestly, they're layed out in what I find to be a better way, and the software used to manage them seems to be a whole lot better than the forums on tipb.com or android central.

07-02-10 07:59 PM
    It's like a lot of users that don't have the iPhone just have resentment towards it and Apple. I think it started because when the iPhone first came out many users touted how great they thought the device was and talked bad about other device. Even if it was true, it was often over the top. So that created resentment against iPhones, the users and Apple. So nowadays you still have that resentment and it seems like blackberry users and Android users feel the need to "team up" to trash the iPhone. It's weird and crazy.

Apples own fault really. (though not really because the sheep like masses swallow this stuff whole)
    They market each new phone as if they invented the technology and brought it to you first.

Such as

touchscreen
    cut/paste
    multitasking (though its still not true multitasking for most apps)
    Camera with flash

I think the iPhone5 is coming sooner than expected with the first ever antenna in a mobile device ..... stay tuned
    07-02-10 09:19 PM
    Apples own fault really. (though not really because the sheep like masses swallow this stuff whole)
    They market each new phone as if they invented the technology and brought it to you first.

Such as

touchscreen
    cut/paste
    multitasking (though its still not true multitasking for most apps)
    Camera with flash

I think the iPhone5 is coming sooner than expected with the first ever antenna in a mobile device ..... stay tuned
    Well that's Apple marketing. Every company acts like their product is the best. And I just think people resent them so much they read to far into things. When I hear Apple introduce stuff, they introduce it like they do it better not that they did it first and they are entitled to feel how they want about their stuff. Since it's an opinion it shouldn't matter to anyone who doesn't believe it. People can hate on their marketing all they want but it's still no reason for people to act like they do on these forums. Have you been watching VZW Android commercials? They act like it's the best thing ever as well. That's what marketing is.
    07-02-10 09:25 PM
    If you use the ignore function, the user really won't exist as far as you are concerned. You won't see any posts by him or her unless the post is quoted by another user.

That's priceless!
    07-02-10 10:05 PM
    N e v e r .. s u r r e n d e r.
    07-02-10 11:12 PM
    I think a truce is a great idea, but...

I think people take ALL of this way too seriously, on both sides. Saying to me "The Blackberry 9700/iPhone 4 is a piece of junk!" in NO WAY is an "insult" to me...no more than saying you love either phone is a compliment. That doesn't even register.

I am not my phone, as much as I love both my phones. They're devices. They're not "loved ones". So, if you clutch your forehead every time (or anytime) someone trashes the phone you happen to own, then you need to figure out why that is, and take a break from the forums...truce or no truce.
    07-03-10 01:09 AM
    I think a truce is a great idea, but...

I think people take ALL of this way too seriously, on both sides. Saying to me "The Blackberry 9700/iPhone 4 is a piece of junk!" in NO WAY is an "insult" to me...no more than saying you love either phone is a compliment. That doesn't even register.

I am not my phone, as much as I love both my phones. They're devices. They're not "loved ones". So, if you clutch your forehead every time (or anytime) someone trashes the phone you happen to own, then you need to figure out why that is, and take a break from the forums...truce or no truce.
    This thread is now complete. Thread + post = WIN!

Very nice TLS
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 07-04-10 at 01:17 PM.
    07-03-10 03:08 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD