My wife has a blackberry and I have an Iphone (used to have BB) when I had BB she could invite me to her calendar events and it would go straight into my BB calender
    has anyone figured out how to do this between BB and Iphone
    11-03-10 07:59 AM
    could you sync through google sync / google calendars ?
    11-03-10 08:09 AM
    I dont have Google.... i would prefer to do it the same way if possible
    11-03-10 08:49 AM
    Surprisingly, iOS does not have the ability to invite someone to a calendar appointment or accept an invitation from someone else without the implementation of an Exchange account. I have not jailbroken so I am not sure if jailbreaking allows you to do this without Exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 09:30 AM
    Surprisingly, iOS does not have the ability to invite someone to a calendar appointment or accept an invitation from someone else without the implementation of an Exchange account. I have not jailbroken so I am not sure if jailbreaking allows you to do this without Exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you have nailed what im looking for hopefully someone has figured out how to do this
    11-03-10 01:51 PM
    Thankfully we are on Exchange, so I do not have the issue, but in my opinion this is a tremendous deficiency in the OS. Hopeful that someone who has jailbroken can let you know if it corrects this issue like it does many others.
    11-03-10 01:54 PM
    OP, what calendar sync is she using?

If none, then there is obviously no way to invite someone without some kind of data going to the cloud to get to you. BB to BB might be different though since its the same calendar system.

I suggest trying gmail, even if you only use the calendar part. Its free and can't hurt to try. It works really well for iphone set up as exchange and will do everything you want.

Also she can use the free google sync app to sync the calendar to gmail, or you can both just use the same 1 account and youll both see the master calendar making invites not necessary at all.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-03-10 at 02:50 PM.
    11-03-10 02:48 PM
    after much reading it looks like IOS 4.2 (scheduled to arrive in Nov) will give us this ability i guess patience is in order now
    11-03-10 02:49 PM
    OP, what calendar sync is she using?

If none, then there is obviously no way to invite someone without some kind of data going to the cloud to get to you. BB to BB might be different though.

I suggest trying gmail, even if you only use the calendar part. it works really well for iphone set up as exchange and will do everything you want. Also she can use the free google sync app to sync the calendar to gmail.
    Native BB calender is what she uses and it does this quite well
    11-03-10 02:51 PM
    New calendar on Mobileme allows invitations without exchange per my wife. You can accept and send.
    11-04-10 01:40 PM
    No more worries LOL I downloaded and installed IOS 4.2 GM and all is good now
    11-05-10 05:40 AM
    I was trying to figure this out and I'm not having any luck..so wanted to revive this thread....am having the same issue and cannot send a calendar invite unless its an exchange account? Am I missing something or is this how it is? any 3rd party apps that will do this on a jailbroken iphone4?
    06-08-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD