I just got the I pHone 3g last night and am really enjoying it so far. But have a question on the calendar, can you set an appointment for, let's say, the 2nd Tuesday of every month? I am not seeing anything that let's me do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:36 PM
    Yes you can. Just like you can set a Alarm to ring off the same time every day or on certain days.
    07-28-09 01:48 PM
    Sorry if I sound stupid. But how do I do that? I'm a total newbie to this iPhone, thanks

07-28-09 02:08 PM
    Can anyone help me out with my question, sure would appreciate it. Thanks

07-29-09 12:42 AM
    1. go to calendar and setup a date and time.
    2. then go to the repeat option on the event you an set it to every week

you can also have it set an alarm to go off at whatever time you want
    07-29-09 12:58 AM
    1. go to calendar and setup a date and time.
    2. then go to the repeat option on the event you an set it to every week

you can also have it set an alarm to go off at whatever time you want
    But if I set it to every week then it will show up every week on my calendar. what i am trying to do is set an entry that will appear and notify me on the 1st Wednesday of every month with out having to go through and enter those entries on each individual 1st Wednesday of the month. This is something that I was able to do on my curve 8310 and LG Vue that i had before. Sorry if I am being unclear, thanks
    07-29-09 01:29 AM
    No, I don't think you can do what you're asking. If you set an appointment for once a month, I think it will only show by that same date each month, not the second Friday of each month for example. What you can do is set up that appointment on your Outlook, Google, or whatever calendar you use, then sync that with your phone. It will work that way.
    07-29-09 08:41 AM
    I had that same problem/question.

As far as I have discovered this is not possible with the stock calendar. The application that I use that will give you exactly what you are looking for is Pocket Informant Lite. It is a free application and is available via the app store. There is a $12.99 version of this application but the free one works for me.

I have no idea why the stock calendar would not be able to do something so simple.

Hope this helps.

RLB
    07-29-09 08:49 AM
    I forgot to mention that at the present time I don't believe this app is a push app yet but I believe one of the inhancements the developer is working on is the push feature. Don't know if it will be available on the free version though. I personally like the push feature but it is not a deal breaker for me. Check out out Pocket Informant Lite. I think you will like it.

RLB
    07-29-09 08:53 AM
    Here is any easy way to get it done..

get a google calender.
    (ie go to google sign up(you can use your own e-mail addie todo this) and start using thier calender)

in settings under calender

email :as what yours is
    Server : m.google.com
    Username: Your email again
    Password : your google password
    descreption your calender

now your calender will be in your phone and you can set it up via google calender the only thing this will not do is allowed shared canenders for that i use calengoo
    07-29-09 09:32 AM
    I just got the I pHone 3g last night and am really enjoying it so far. But have a question on the calendar, can you set an appointment for, let's say, the 2nd Tuesday of every month? I am not seeing anything that let's me do that

I see what you are trying to do and no the iPhone cannot do it. One of the features that is missing from the calendar.

Here's what I would do.

Whatever program you are using to sync i.e. Outlook, iCal etc... I would set my appointment up on there. It's very easy to copy and paste appointments. You can probably do six months in less than 5 mins by just highlighting your event and copying then pasting to the day you like. Once you've done that sync it with your iphone and you are good. Even easier if you use mobileme.
    07-29-09 09:42 AM
    can i do with Yahoo calendars since i already have an account with them? I really dont want to change my email address again. When i looked at Yahoo calendars it said it will sinc with windows and palm os so Im thinking it will not work.
    07-29-09 02:05 PM
    can i do with Yahoo calendars since i already have an account with them? I really dont want to change my email address again. When i looked at Yahoo calendars it said it will sinc with windows and palm os so Im thinking it will not work.
    I think you can do wireless sync with Yahoo Calendar Beta, here is an Apple Support thread on getting it to work: Apple - Support - Discussions - Yahoo Calendar - CalDAV ...
    07-29-09 04:04 PM
    07-29-09 08:41 PM
    you don't need to change your e-mail just use that to log in to google.. I still have my hotmail account
    07-30-09 09:47 PM
    Check it out..

Here is how you sync your iphone or ipod touch with yahoo calendars!

Go to this link agree terms to share your yahoo calendar.

switch.calendar.yahoo.com

great now go to your iphone 3.0 os setting icon and select. Then choose mail, contacts, calendars and then add account. Next choose "Other" and then choose add CalDAV account. For server use caldav.calendar.yahoo.com and the use your yahoo user name and password! Your calendar will now show up on your iphone or ipod.
    11-12-09 01:58 PM
    I checked out how to sync the yahoo calendar which is awesome since that's my main email. Is pocket informant any use with this? My understanding is that pocket informant will only sync with google not yahoo correct?
    12-18-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD