Hey guys, I've been wanting to leave verizon since the storm. I am a crackberry addict and I feel sorry to have left verizon, I've had, the WORLD EDITION 8830, the Curve 8330, The storm, and the tour. Everytime It got a bit better. But I still had a crave for a powerhouse phone. My friend bought the iPhone 3Gs, and I loved it. I have an iPod Touch, but the iPhone is waaaay better. I mean, I couldn't stand the small screen, and the pre historic web browsing capabilities. I was going to go for the bold, but then I though.. mm lets give the iphone a try. So I looked in teh att website, and got the regular 8gb black iphone 3g. As the new features on the iphone 3gs did not convince me, my friend had video recording on his jailbroken iphone a LOOOONG time ago. So Im not lacking that feature. Yes it may be a bit faster, and the battery may last a bit longer on some terms, but Its 150$ less. I will recieve it on saturday and Im already downloading moooore and moooooooore and mooooore apps, already spent over 200$ SOMEONE STOP ME!!!

I will tell you guys once I get it how I like it.

A few Qs

1) How much is it to insure it?
    2)What Apps Do you reccomend?
    3)Jailbreak?
    4)How is ATT? I LOVE verizon. Never had 0 bars ANYWHERE, not in the mountains or in the valley or anywhere, I always had reception and 90% of the time I had 3g.
    5) Can I call and text my friends in ATT for free?

Thanks guyssss
    09-10-09 10:22 AM
    1) Insurance can be more expensive since AT&T does not offer it for the Iphone. Someone else can help with that.
    2) Apps....wow...tons of them. Hard to say. Jailbreak will also have some different items available if you choose.
    3) Jailbreak? A must in my opinion. It opens up a new world and makes it much more customizable.
    4) I am sorry to say that I now am giving up my Iphone 3GS because of AT&T in my area. I thought I could deal with it and keep the phone, but it is just way to bad here. I cannot make calls from my office and completely lose data just outside of town. With Verizon I have no issues at all. This is my area though and it will depend on your area. You have 30 days to decide.

I am not an iphone or AT&T expert but that is what I have found. Great phone, but just poor service in my area.
    09-10-09 10:34 AM
    1. insurance is 15 a month if you buy the phone through best buy. Covers anything that happens to your phone except theft.
    2. apps like mjs said theres alot if you jailbreak is will also allow you to do more with your phone like the ability to run apps in the background.
    3. yeah jailbreaking is a must but you dont have to.
    4. att is good in my area check out the map on att site and see how it is in your area or take it for the 30 day trial.
    5. you can call your friends for free if theyre on ATT i know ATT is releasing their own my favs style like verizons friends and family deal. so you can wait a bit to find out more about that. just get unlimited text and your good on texting.
    Last edited by blopez24; 09-10-09 at 10:44 AM.
    09-10-09 10:41 AM

I will tell you guys once I get it how I like it.

A few Qs

1) How much is it to insure it?
    2)What Apps Do you reccomend?
    3)Jailbreak?
    4)How is ATT? I LOVE verizon. Never had 0 bars ANYWHERE, not in the mountains or in the valley or anywhere, I always had reception and 90% of the time I had 3g.
    5) Can I call and text my friends in ATT for free?

Thanks guyssss
    1) It's $69 for an extra year, you get a year for free.
    2) Pandora, Facebook, Weather Channel, there are ALOT of apps
    3) I had mine both ways; Jailbroken it was a little tweakier, but still worked
    4) In my area (and pretty much all of Florida where I travel) I have 0 problems! I even get full 3G signal on the beach where my parents live, which no other carrier does. BUT THIS IS DEPENDANT ON YOUR AREA!!!
    5) Call yes (if it's mobile to mobile, or you get that a-list thing), text no.
    09-10-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks all!

Im still concerned about THE BATTERY LIFE!

And I live in Los Angeles, so 3g is EVERYWHERE My friends dont complain about signal, but you never know. and damn so I have to pay 50$ a month for internet and text? I thought 30$ was too much on my blackberry. (i text alot) but 200 isn't going to be enough!

And Im not planning on keeping it for over a year. I will get the 3gs, or whatever new one comes out in a year. So it comes with 1 year warranty from apple right?
    Last edited by raw810; 09-10-09 at 10:53 AM.
    09-10-09 10:51 AM
    I just bought a 32gb 3GS and the rep at AT&T told me to call my car insurance company if I was interested in insuring the phone. I did, and my agent set me up for $35 a year with no deductible....If I lose it, it gets stolen, I drop it and break it, whatever....its covered! No questions asked.....

So you might wanna give your insurance company a buzz and see what they say...
    09-10-09 08:57 PM
    Good luck with the new phone. In the area I live in att doesn't hardly pick up at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:30 PM
    I had two sell my two iPhones because AT&Ts coverage literally crapped out in my area in 3 weeks.. and they didn't make any effort to help me.
    09-10-09 11:04 PM
    My Favorite Apps:

App Store:

Jailbreak (Cydia) Apps:
    • Categories
    • SBSettings
    • IntelliScreen ($10)
    09-10-09 11:37 PM
    I mean, I couldn't stand the small screen, and the pre historic web browsing capabilities. I was going to go for the bold, but then I though.. mm lets give the iphone a try. So I looked in teh att website, and got the regular 8gb black iphone 3g. As the new features on the iphone 3gs did not convince me,
    I really agree that the 3GS is not really an improvement since the abilities it has to browse are limited by att's crappy service. But I think you will be really happy with the 3G and the ability to pinch (I love that, double tapping is such a pain in the a... I mean neck).
    09-10-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD