So, today in the paper I see the words I've been waiting for: "Bell Mobility will start selling iPhones starting in November".

So as soon as my contract is up for renewal in February, my Curve is getting kicked to the curb, and a shiny iPhone will be in my hands. You had more than enough time to revolutionize your OS RIM. You had time to fix the flaws in the Storm. You were lazy.

*bounces* Can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 05:32 PM
    lol congrats. I hope you enjoy the device when you get it.
    10-07-09 06:13 PM
    By that point I'd be concerned with a new iPhone being released about 4-5 months later since that's when, traditionally, new models have been released.
    10-07-09 08:45 PM
    Lol! I sold my 3GS because I think next years iphone is going to be special. Not sure what they will do. But honestly a keyboard and a little blinky notification light would make me a happy man.

10-07-09 11:31 PM
    Lol... congrats. I remember how for the longest you've been saying all it had to do was come over to Bell. Hehe.
    10-08-09 12:05 AM
    Can I have the time it took to read your message back somehow?

Really, I'm serious

Thanks

Signed
    Business Professional and satisfied BB owner.
    10-08-09 05:45 AM
    ^ It probably took more time to comment and write than it did to read.
    10-08-09 09:14 AM
    I love the anti iphone peeps who troll the iphone forum.

Its cute how blustery and holier than thou they get. Ooooo I should lick your shoes because you are a business user. How wonderful you are! *eye roll*

Duvi - lol I know right? I am sick to death of dust under the screen, random reboots, failing trackballs...

Last edited by reeneebob; 10-08-09 at 10:50 AM.
    10-08-09 10:47 AM

Its cute how blustery and holier than thou they get. Ooooo I should lick your shoes because you are a business user. How wonderful you are! *eye roll*

Duvi - lol I know right? I am sick to death of dust under the screen, random reboots, failing trackballs...

You lick my shoes because that's your lot in life.

Oh and I'm no troll, being an Imac and an iTouch owner I think Apple makes great products including the Iphone. I may buy one for my wife.
    I use whats best for me and I don't slam the other phone manufacturers.
    The business remark is because of the comprehensive calendar/messaging features, LED notifications, BBM and my overall satisfaction of the BB as a business tool. The BB makes me money.

My point is that you simply bought the wrong phone for you.

Now if you are finished licking my shoes you can start washing my car.
    10-08-09 05:19 PM
    BBM is not and should not be used for business communication.

"comprehensive calendar/messaging features" you mean, like the same features that are on the "business classified" Windows Mobile devices? Those ALL run Active Sync and so does the iPhone.

If the Blackberry makes you money, than the iPhone should as well.

Oooh..you got me on the LED notifications though.. DARN.
    10-08-09 05:28 PM
    BBM is not and should not be used for business communication.
    Way off base there padawan learner.
    There is the social side to business as well.
    Many clients including myself prefer BBM over voice calls as its faster and more efficient and its free. (It works free internationally as well)

"comprehensive calendar/messaging features" you mean, like the same features that are on the "business classified" Windows Mobile devices?
    Who is talking about Window devices? I prefer the BB calender to the Iphones.

If the Blackberry makes you money, than the iPhone should as well.
    The iphone would do ok for my needs, I find the BB more comprehensive and efficient.

Oooh..you got me on the LED notifications though.. DARN.
    Its a great feature that is not important to you so I wont bother explaining it.
    10-08-09 08:53 PM
    i suppose the smileys help to translate lol internationally? you could use yahoo messenger and get the same result.

i'm not sure how you can prefer the bb calendar. the stock iphone calendar is great. not to mention the ability to use mobile me to push all the events back and forth. you could even use google synch for the same thing.

as for the bb being more comprehensive and efficent, if you mean complicated and tedious, then yes i suppose it is. having to dig thru five menus to get to one item does not make it comprehensive.

the led is redundant to a point. if you are using your phone that much for business, then i'm assuming you always have it with you. if you always have it with you, then when are you missing a message that an led is going to help with. the light is only red unless you get an app to change the color. so you're still going to have to manually check the phone to see what kind of message is waiting. i do the same with my iphone if i'm away, i start it up and if nothing is new move on. i dont see how thats a great feature. i suppose the green led blinking telling you that you are in a covered area makes you look more business like though i guess.

i dont have a problem with bb's i love my bold, but the whole bb is business and iphone is a toy just doesnt make sense. the bb is used by just as many teens for texting, and just looking at the latest and greatest apps coming out for bb's shows which direction the bb is going.
    10-09-09 09:50 AM
    to the original poster, congrats, i think you'll love your iphone!
    10-09-09 09:53 AM
    Wow RetroAndreas, you are an arrogant, condescending ****.

Anyway.

Oh FYI - I loved my Curve and in ways still do. I am disenfranchised by RIM and their lack of improvement. So no - my Curve and the Pearl weren't the wrong phone for me, I would happily come back if RIM makes some actual advances, but the iPhone will be the next phone.

Now you can take your shoes and shove them up your ***.

10-12-09 01:06 PM
    Can I have the time it took to read your message back somehow?

Really, I'm serious

Thanks

Signed
    Business Professional and satisfied BB owner.
    No need to be a tool about someone else's decision. No one cares that you are a satisfied BB owner. No one asked you. You complained about wasting your time to read the OPs post, then you had to let everyone know. Pretty productive for a so called "Business Professional".
    10-12-09 05:12 PM
    well, not to nitpick here or anything...but it's an iphone "section" on a Blackberry forum.

You know you are going to have a ton of BB fans around.

I'm myself do love my BB, but also think the iPhone is pretty sweet too.
    10-12-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD