Alright so I just got my 9650 2 weeks ago, however I really want an iPhone 4, so I am trading my 9650 for an iphone 4.

It is a sweet deal that i cant turn down, hopefully this is a good move
    04-11-11 09:37 PM
    Cool! I believe it is about personal preference but let us know what you think when you get it!
    04-12-11 03:44 AM
    Its a good move. Although the only thing you may miss if you do use it, is the BBM
    04-12-11 04:06 AM
    Its a good move. Although the only thing you may miss if you do use it, is the BBM
    I made the switch from the 9650 to the iPhone 4 and I thought I would miss BBM. But I really haven't. I gave my phone number to those I wanted to keep talking to, but otherwise, I really don't miss it.

To the OP, I think you made a good move. Web browsing...actually works and its just such a smooth, fluid operating phone. Jailbreak it and its even better!
    04-12-11 10:28 AM
    That's a good trade. I'd take ther iphone over anything on the market right now.
    04-12-11 01:44 PM
    Wise move. I use IM+ Pro as my instant messenger and am quite satisfied with it.
    04-12-11 02:12 PM
    I thought I'd miss BBM, but it's nice that everything is just a text. I don't have to worry about opening a BBM message and having the other person know I read it but am not responding! Ha ha ha.
    04-12-11 02:47 PM
    so i love everything so far, the touch qwerty is quite hard to get used to.

Glad I traded though
    04-12-11 08:24 PM
    I made the move from the 9650 to the iPhone 4 and glad I did. BBM I don't miss because I get the same exact thing out of SMS/MMS messaging, push email without the annoying LED indicator and I find the soft keyboard much better than the hard keyboard. The camera and HD video are fantasic. And of course, the web surfing experience blows away any other phone and the retina screen is crisp and clear. I kept my 9650 but I can't see switching back to it.
    04-12-11 09:22 PM
    Alright so I just got my 9650 2 weeks ago, however I really want an iPhone 4, so I am trading my 9650 for an iphone 4.

I upgraded from 9650 to the iPhone 4 and haven't looked back.
    04-15-11 08:22 AM
    I made the move from the 9650 to the iPhone 4 and glad I did. BBM I don't miss because I get the same exact thing out of SMS/MMS messaging, push email without the annoying LED indicator and I find the soft keyboard much better than the hard keyboard. The camera and HD video are fantasic. And of course, the web surfing experience blows away any other phone and the retina screen is crisp and clear. I kept my 9650 but I can't see switching back to it.
    Sell the 9650! That's what I did.
    04-15-11 08:23 AM
    the touch qwerty is quite hard to get used to.

Glad I traded though
    You WILL get used to it and wonder how the heck you ever typed on that BB keyboard.
    04-15-11 03:28 PM
    So Iphone 4 gets lower battery life than the BB. Has that been an issue for you yet?
    04-16-11 02:34 AM
    So Iphone 4 gets lower battery life than the BB. Has that been an issue for you yet?
    My ip4 gets better batt life than my Torch and equal to my 9780. That's fantastic compared to my 3GS that couldn't get me to supper time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 05:34 AM
    BBM is the only thing that keeps me with BB for now. I have had BB for the past six years. I'm going with the IPHONE in June if RIM does not come out with anything better. IMO RIM has lost ground and have not kept up with the Android and the IPHONE. I can't hold on any longer....BB will be the thing of the past just like the PALM was and it's their own fault.
    04-16-11 09:31 AM
    BBM is the only thing that keeps me with BB for now. I have had BB for the past six years. I'm going with the IPHONE in June if RIM does not come out with anything better. IMO RIM has lost ground and have not kept up with the Android and the IPHONE. I can't hold on any longer....BB will be the thing of the past just like the PALM was and it's their own fault.
    Do you realize how greatly your depriving yourself because of BBM? You're actually doing yourself an injustice. BBM is not a good reason to stay with BB anymore. Superior platforms and devices more than justify leaving BB. BBM though a great messaging platform is irrelevant as far as messaging goes. I guess it's a mental thing but once you move on to a better platform you'll quickly realize you can easily do without BBM.

I can assure you that RIM wont come out with anything better or comparable to iPhone by June or by the end of the year, the new "leaked" devices are a complete joke.
    04-16-11 10:21 AM
    Nope battery life has been outstanding, and I love the phone. I can do so much more with it
    04-17-11 09:19 AM
    Sell the 9650! That's what I did.
    Yea..I suppose I could do that but I got two kids who use blackberries so right now, it's a reserve phone in case it's needed.
    04-18-11 05:55 AM
    While it don't quite last as long as the Bold 9650, the iPhone 4 has great battery life. I do so much more on the iPhone and the battery has held up quite well.

However, I found that if both the Bold & iPhone were on standby most of the day with limited use, I had about the same amount of battery life left at the end of the day.
    Last edited by zwoof; 04-18-11 at 06:04 AM.
    04-18-11 06:00 AM
    For those of you that miss BBM, use KiK. It is pretty much the exact same thing.
    04-18-11 12:59 PM
    I made the switch from Bold 9650 to iPhone also a week ago after using BB for the past 7 years. Most of my BBM contacts either switched to Droid or iPhone this past year so it wasn't a big deal not having BBM any longer. I'm still getting used to the touch screen key board but not waiting for the browser taking forever to load sealed the deal for me.
    04-18-11 02:58 PM
    Yes browsing the net is Great on the iPhone 4. Very fast and so clear. I never use mobile sites as I use the browser in landscape and everything is crystal clear.
    04-18-11 06:17 PM
    I left Blackberry and my 9650 the day the Iphone was announced for Verizon. I have not looked back since. I just got back from a trip to TN and my Iphone last over 3 days with just a phone call here and there and taking a few pictures.
    04-18-11 07:18 PM
    I've never owned a bb before. I have an iphone 3g(at&t). My mom bought it for me a while ago but it's deactivated now.

I'm thinking about going to Virgin Mobile and a curve 8530. They have a cheap plans. If not them, than either metroPCS or Cricket; also 8530.

I cant afford a phone right now cause I've been out of work for a while. I got hired two weeks ago but they've only called me in to work 3 days out of the past 2 & 1/2 weeks so... yeah. Actually my sister went to court today and We're getting evicted. No one in my house is working right now so it's kind of desperate. I have so health problems too that a cant take care of at the moment. I went to the hospital back in november because I was peeing blood for a week & a half. It turns out it wasn't anything serious but I found out that I had a large prostate for my age. I'm not sure exactly what that means for my health. They told me I should see a urologist as soon as possible but I would have to pay at least part upfront. Just $40 dollars down of about $200. But I didnt go because that's just to take a look. If they need to do something it'll cost a lot more and I already know I cant afford it. I have some bad habits that I know are hurting my health but I cant seem to stop myself. My self control is a joke. I really hate myself sometimes. I think I like hurting myself. The main reason I want a bb is because of a girl i like has one. She stopped talking to me but I hope that one day we'll talk again. My dream is to talk to her on bbm one day. I like the idea of the flashing led & efficient notification platforms of bb.

Is there a big difference between 9650 & 8530? I know there's the obvious difference in specs but if I'm just using it for email and bbm or IM services than is there really any difference from on bb to the other? They all seem almost identical to me.
    Last edited by blue81to; 04-20-11 at 12:24 AM.
    04-20-11 12:21 AM

have fun having your every move tracked by your jobs-phone lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 10:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD