I just sold my spare Blackberry Bold and I am interested in buying a used Iphone 3G. I tried searching for this answer and did not find what I was looking for. What do I need to look for when buying a used Iphone 3G, especially if it is out of warranty(1 year right??) All I have read is to look into the headphone jack and make sure it is not red/pink as it is sign for water damage. How do I check if it has been reported stolen? Is the best way to make sure its a good device to bring it to the Apple store? If it has been jail broken, what will the Apple Store do? Will they confiscate it? Thank you in advance.
    07-26-09 08:52 PM
    Just have the person meet you at the Apple store or ATT store so they can check it out.

If the person isn't shady he or she will do it.
    07-26-09 10:40 PM
    If you think its stolen call ATT and ask them and they will need your imel number..

If your buying a iphone always check the keypad go in to notes and go crazy with keys press every key in every row fast and slow sometime the bottom half of the phone dont work
    07-27-09 03:56 AM
    You need to look for the $49 dollar iPhone 3G deal at AT&T.
    07-27-09 12:56 PM
    Just have the person meet you at the Apple store or ATT store so they can check it out.

If the person isn't shady he or she will do it.
    Sounds like your best bet. Don't buy it on eBay, either.

-Sent from my iPhone
    07-28-09 10:23 AM
    You need to look for the $49 dollar iPhone 3G deal at AT&T.
    I would but I'm just 2 months into my contract with my blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:44 AM
    ask the seller the imei, and call AT&T to verify it is clean, and they will do nothing if it is jailbroken, it only voids the warrenty, its none of their business if it is already out of warranty.
    07-28-09 03:17 PM
    So I've read that once you jailbreak it, you can un-jailbreak(or is it put it back in jail? lol). If this is true, is there a way AT&T, Apple, or anyone can find out if its been jailbroken before? Thanks for all the feedback guys!
    07-28-09 04:03 PM
    unjailbreaking is as easy as plugging it back into iTunes and clicking Restore.
    07-28-09 04:05 PM
    So I've read that once you jailbreak it, you can un-jailbreak(or is it put it back in jail? lol). If this is true, is there a way AT&T, Apple, or anyone can find out if its been jailbroken before? Thanks for all the feedback guys!
    Jailbreaking, no they cannot tell... Unlocking, possibly.
    07-28-09 04:36 PM
    Jailbreaking, no they cannot tell... Unlocking, possibly.
    Even unlocking they can never find out... Restoring the firmware in itunes erases ALL DATA "Virginizing" your iPhone, making it look like it is BRAND NEW
    07-29-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD