Should I buy the iphone 4 now...or wait for the iphone 5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 04:05 AM
    No.
    Wait.

Buying ANY apple device right now would be kinda dumb.

02-22-11 06:51 AM
    I would wait, if Verizon doesn't get in in July they will get it a few months later.
    02-22-11 09:39 AM
    I would wait as well. Iphone 4 will soon be replaced with the iphone 5 and if you get the iphone 4 now you'll be disappointed when the new one comes out.

02-22-11 10:02 AM
    wait. there's gonna be a newer one in June.
    but i don't see it as on iphone 5.. more of an iphone 4G/4S.
    think of the iphone 3G then 3GS after 1 yr.
    there'll be "bumps" in the specs but nothing revolutionary as far as the hardware is concerned.
    worst case scenario is the same iphone 4 but only in WHITE.
    and yup, the white iphone 4 is available overseas. Why it's not offered here in the states is a mystery to me as well
    02-22-11 10:19 AM
    Should I buy the iphone 4 now...or wait for the iphone 5?

I'm in the same boat right now too. Pretty sure I'm set on getting the iPhone. Worst outcome is they come out with a new one and if you really wanted to you could sell the 4 and replace with the 5. These phones hold value very well.
    02-22-11 10:29 AM
    I'm in the same boat right now too. Pretty sure I'm set on getting the iPhone. Worst outcome is they come out with a new one and if you really wanted to you could sell the 4 and replace with the 5. These phones hold value very well.
    i agree with the iphones retaining a lot of value.
    But remember you have a CDMA iphone and not a GSM iphone.
    it makes a lot of difference since most of the potential buyers who wants an iphone are GSM subscribers, especially if you're selling it outside the US ( ebay).
    Now think about it, the only person who'll be interested with your iphone 4 is another Verizon subscriber.. wouldn't he be more interested with the newer iphone that he can probably get with $200 and an extension of contract?
    Something to think about.
    02-22-11 10:39 AM
    it makes a lot of difference since most of the potential buyers who wants an iphone are GSM subscribers, especially if you're selling it outside the US ( ebay).
    Now think about it, the only person who'll be interested with your iphone 4 is another Verizon subscriber.. wouldn't he be more interested with the newer iphone that he can probably get with $200 and an extension of contract?
    Yes, I agree. But I'm sure there will be people in the market for iPhones on the Verizon network. Specifically those who don't have an available upgrade.
    02-22-11 11:14 AM
    But I have Verizon and I don't know if Verizon will release the iphone 5 the same time at&t will release there's...

02-22-11 02:46 PM
    But I have Verizon and I don't know if Verizon will release the iphone 5 the same time at&t will release there's...

then just wait....iphone4 will probably go down in price anyways
    02-22-11 03:01 PM
    Just get the iPhone 4 now, you won't be dissapointed. I'm sure not. Even if the iPhone 5 comes out in the summer for vzw, you will get the same software update as the new iPhone anyway. So, you will have most of the capability of the new iPhone. The only thing that I see apple adding is the GSM/CDMA chip (which is already in the vzw iPhone) but add a sim slot to it, better antenna (which the vzw version already has), bump in RAM, bump in camera (however the camera on the iP4 is nice and way better than my Droid Inc's 8 megapixel cam), maybe support at&t "4G" hspa+ network (which I hear isn't all that much faster), and NFC support (while cool, it won't be that big of a deal until probably next year). So, I say go for it now, then you will be able to upgrade to the LTE version next year at the 20mos upgrade mark. the iphone 5 will not be LTE capable until next year when LTE will be more widely available and the kinks will be worked out. So, why not get the iP4 now? It will still be a great phone when the iP5 is released. Heck, people are still buying iPhone 3GS's...
    02-22-11 03:05 PM
    I just saw that the VZW iPhone can be unlocked to work on China's CDMA network. China has an extremely large CDMA network which has been begging for the iPhone. So, this will only mean good things for those vzw customers who will want to sell their iPhones on ebay. Also, if the droid inc can sell for $300 on ebay, I'm sure the iPhone 4 can sell for that if not more. Therefore, if you get the iP4 now and really wanted to get the iPhone 5 this summer, sell it on ebay which should get you around $400 or more, then all you would have to shell out is about $200 for the next iPhone.
    02-22-11 03:10 PM
    Just get the iPhone 4 now, you won't be dissapointed. I'm sure not. Even if the iPhone 5 comes out in the summer for vzw, you will get the same software update as the new iPhone anyway. So, you will have most of the capability of the new iPhone. The only thing that I see apple adding is the GSM/CDMA chip (which is already in the vzw iPhone) but add a sim slot to it, better antenna (which the vzw version already has), bump in RAM, bump in camera (however the camera on the iP4 is nice and way better than my Droid Inc's 8 megapixel cam), maybe support at&t "4G" hspa+ network (which I hear isn't all that much faster), and NFC support (while cool, it won't be that big of a deal until probably next year). So, I say go for it now, then you will be able to upgrade to the LTE version next year at the 20mos upgrade mark. the iphone 5 will not be LTE capable until next year when LTE will be more widely available and the kinks will be worked out. So, why not get the iP4 now? It will still be a great phone when the iP5 is released. Heck, people are still buying iPhone 3GS's...
    The ATT iPhone already supports HSPA+ just not 4G and there won't be a LTE/4G iPhone til next year

This is how we are getting data speeds of up to 6 Mbps in some areas... I've seen almost 6 Mbps in Houston, almost 5 in Cleveland... it's pretty damn fast
    02-22-11 03:36 PM
    It won't make much sense for Apple to release an iPhone5 for Verizon that's not LTE and considering that AT&T won't move to LTE until later this year/next year, chances are good Apple would wait until that comes close and release one GSM/LTE/CDMA variant and be done with it. The current chipset in the ViPhone4 is already capable of both GSM/CDMA, they just didn't want to enable it for some reason.
    02-22-11 04:42 PM
    The ATT iPhone already supports HSPA+ just not 4G and there won't be a LTE/4G iPhone til next year

This is how we are getting data speeds of up to 6 Mbps in some areas... I've seen almost 6 Mbps in Houston, almost 5 in Cleveland... it's pretty damn fast
    (Nothing againts the phone, but how loosely the Speed is being used.)
    But it's not fast enough to label it 4G.. which in the technical sense should be at least 1Gbit/sec.
    i really hope someone put a stop on these FALSE advertising by the big 3 Companies.. T-mobile started coining the term 4G and then AT&T and Verizon followed.
    it's like buying a Chrysler 300 and calling it a Bentley.
    02-22-11 07:02 PM
    I figure get the iphone 4 now and the treat myself to the iphone 5 in July during my birthday that if it release during the summer.

02-23-11 06:01 AM
    I figure get the iphone 4 now and the treat myself to the iphone 5 in July during my birthday that if it release during the summer.

The iPhone 4 will be a step up from your Storm 2. I never had the Storm 2 but I did have the original Storm, and what a piece of crap that was. It was my first and last BB...
    02-23-11 09:33 AM
    Man blackberry features and everything are like devices from two years Ago.

02-23-11 10:59 AM
    If you don't have to get a new phone...def. wait. It's March already pretty much
    02-24-11 10:39 AM
    Man blackberry features and everything are like devices from two years Ago.

but the important thing is, they work.
    and if a particular feature fits your NEED ( ex. LED notification) then you'll be happy with a BB.
    if you need an easier UI, then the iphone or an Android will be a good Fit for you.
    Has anyone ever wondered why with the invention of microwave ovens (1945) that we are still using the conventional ovens up to now?
    OR why we still have pagers and CB radios?
    02-24-11 10:56 AM
    The only difference that will be between the Iphone 4 and the Iphone 5 is that the 5 will be smaller. And probably a little faster, other than that it will do all the same thing. It's all really up to you. I got my 4g just a few weeks ago and there is no regrets. And if you get it thru Best Buy they have a buy back program. So, that if a new one comes out they will take the value of the current phone you own that's on program and they will pro rate it buy the amount you have had it.
    02-24-11 03:04 PM
    I just got the iphone4 after being a huge rim fanboy. Get one. You won't regret it. Then sell it when the 5 comes out. You can get used ones pretty cheap now.

02-26-11 01:50 AM
    if you want it, get it. if you wait, you might as well for the i6 after the i5 is released. new tech comes out all the time, but one of the biggest positives with the iPhone is its resell value.
    02-26-11 03:18 AM
    I think I will just buy an iphone 4 out of contract through a private seller. no need to get myself into a contract.
    02-26-11 10:45 AM
    I think I will just buy an iphone 4 out of contract through a private seller. no need to get myself into a contract.
    Before you activate it, take note of your upgrade eligibility.
    That's important since when you activate the iphone through I tunes, somehow the system generates a New 2 year contract for you, especially if you bought it elsewhere ( not from AT&T).
    If it extends your contract automatically, call customer service.
    OR go to an AT&T store and have it activated there, even if you didn't buy it from AT&T

02-26-11 11:25 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD