I really want to purchase an iPad. I just dont want to rush into anything if iPad 2 will be that much better. Anyone have any advise
    02-19-11 04:22 PM
    Advice needed here too. I want an ipad and got gift cards for my birthday. Was waiting till ipad 2 comes out if I can hold off that long......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 04:32 PM
    I would wait till Apple announces their new iPad next month. More than likely it's going to be a big improvement on the current one and will be up to par with the current tablet devices on the market. Even if you don't decide to go with the new iPad, more than likely the price of the current one will be lowered once the new iPad is announced. It would be wise to wait.
    02-19-11 04:35 PM
    Up to Par .... I thought Ipad was the industry standard last I checked.

What even compares ?
    02-20-11 08:38 PM

What even compares ?
    uhm.. care to elaborate about your definition of industry standard?
    the Ipad wins in BEST in advertising, if you ask me ( i own one as well)
    but the lack of Flash, front facing Camera, true multi tasking, ports etc etc
    is not the "standard".
    whether you admit it or not, iPad owners simply bought a bigger Ipod touch.
    and a very expensive e-reader.

So to answer the question, wait for the ipad 2.
    02-20-11 08:45 PM

What even compares ?
    You really need to do your research and look into what tablets were unveiled at Mobile World Congress this year.

HP, Samsung and Motorola all have tablets that run circles around the current iPad.

As for industry standard? You thought wrong.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-20-11 at 09:50 PM.
    02-20-11 09:45 PM
    So yourself a favor and get a real tablet. Buy a Playbook lol

02-20-11 10:52 PM
    Noooo... at this point, we're maybe a month away from iPad 2! Don't do it! Just Wait! If nothing else you could probably get an iPad 1 for cheaper. I know its tempting, but you'll be disappointed if you pull the trigger on iPad 1 now.
    02-21-11 06:43 PM
    No I'd wait, and the playbook is a joke.... you have to have a blackberry to access email on it... what a crock
    02-21-11 09:56 PM
    yeah it IS a crock. That the heck rim??? How dare you act that way?? You think you're apple or something?? lol

02-21-11 11:36 PM
    I would wait for the iPad 2. The first iPad was the first design, I'm sure Apple found plenty they could change for the second one.
    02-22-11 11:17 AM
    Wait for the iPad 2.
    02-22-11 05:22 PM
    No I'd wait, and the playbook is a joke.... you have to have a blackberry to access email on it... what a crock
    "At the same time, it’s true that the PlayBook, in its current incarnation, does not include the kinds of personal information manager [PIM] applications that BlackBerrys do. That means services like a calendar, contacts list and memos won’t appear on the PlayBook unless a BlackBerry is (wirelessly) connected to it. Corporate email accounts also don’t live “natively” on the PlayBook. In the absence of a BlackBerry, these email accounts must be accessed through a web browser."
    "One solution is to add PIM management features to the PlayBook, perhaps via a software update. Bidan says that may happen, noting, “It will come as the platform evolves.”
    "
    From an Enterprise perspective doing this Bridge thing, makes **** lot of sense. Advantages to enterprises using this Bridge concept are:

• No additional BlackBerry Data Plan, huge cost of saving here. Plus no additional licenses required for enterprise activation as well.
    • Only one mail box to manage for a user, otherwise two mail boxes had to be managed for the same user and both would be synced with the bb server.
    • No need for any data protection or security, since everything is handled by the BB phone
    • A bigger device for presentations when needed."

RIM: BlackBerry PlayBook Is Great Even Without A BlackBerry - Elizabeth Woyke - Mobilized - Forbes

BlackBerry Playbook Is Useless Without A BlackBerry Phone? - eSeth

At least you aren't forced to pay for a separate data plan for the tablet and getting hosed on features! Buy the iPad2 just to have features that should have been on the first one? Boy, Apple knows how to make the consumer pay!
    02-22-11 09:53 PM
    uhm.. care to elaborate about your definition of industry standard?
    the Ipad wins in BEST in advertising, if you ask me ( i own one as well)
    but the lack of Flash, front facing Camera, true multi tasking, ports etc etc
    is not the "standard".
    whether you admit it or not, iPad owners simply bought a bigger Ipod touch.
    and a very expensive e-reader.

So to answer the question, wait for the ipad 2.
    And that says it all!
    02-22-11 09:54 PM
    02-23-11 11:09 AM
    According to the press conference today, the iPad 2 is supposed to start shipping on March 11th.
    03-02-11 01:04 PM

Dual-core A5 chip.
    It’s fast, times two.
    Two powerful cores in one A5 chip mean iPad can do twice the work at once. You’ll notice the difference when you’re surfing the web, watching movies, making FaceTime video calls, gaming, and going from app to app to app. Multitasking is smoother, apps load faster, and everything just works better.

Looks like the iPhone 5 will have a 1Ghz Dual Processor A5 chip.
    03-02-11 03:09 PM
    If you wanna save some clam$, buy a 1st Gen iPad now. They're $100 off or more if you buy refurbished from the apple store. If you're on a budget, you can't beat $349 for a 16GB iPad. Even the high-end (relatively speaking) Archos android tablets are that cheap.
    03-02-11 10:36 PM
    I just ordered a refurb 32g..I cant see spending the extra for the 2 right now
    03-03-11 09:01 PM
    Incorrect. The PlayBook has internet access, meaning you log into your email just like you do from your desktop. Native Push? Not without a handheld bridged, currently.

03-03-11 10:04 PM
    I really want to purchase an iPad. I just dont want to rush into anything if iPad 2 will be that much better. Anyone have any advise
    Based on the review I heard today, the iPad2 is a slightly revved up version of the first, it is thinner, weighs the same, and has a faster processor. My source was Kim Komando, and her recommend was to wait for the 3rd version slated for release later in the year. It reportedly has the 'retina' screen, better camera and specs. You'll kick yourself if you jump now.

03-03-11 10:09 PM
    If you wanna save some clam$, buy a 1st Gen iPad now. They're $100 off or more if you buy refurbished from the apple store. If you're on a budget, you can't beat $349 for a 16GB iPad. Even the high-end (relatively speaking) Archos android tablets are that cheap.
    Solid advice, and resale is still viable, or a trade-in allowance may be in order.

03-03-11 10:11 PM
    I just ordered a refurb 32g..I cant see spending the extra for the 2 right now
    I just bought a 64GB wifi-3G (new) off Ebay for just under $600. It's rumored by a VERY dependable source that iPad 3 will be announced late fall with an early 2012 drop date. Also, with iOS 4.3 you get "Home Sharing", which lets you stream media from your home computer to your iOS device, so don't get caught up in buying a lot of storage. Had I paid attention, I would've went even cheaper and got a 32GB or even a 16GB. Either way, I figure when iPad 3 drops, I'll still be able to get enough out of the one I just bought to justify the upgrade.
    03-04-11 01:13 PM
    Based on the review I heard today, the iPad2 is a slightly revved up version of the first, it is thinner, weighs the same, and has a faster processor. My source was Kim Komando, and her recommend was to wait for the 3rd version slated for release later in the year. It reportedly has the 'retina' screen, better camera and specs. You'll kick yourself if you jump now.

Hoollyyy crap! That fast??? And I thought releasing a new product every year was too fast. Honestly I can't keep up with these device wars anymore. Just buy the newest one now and when its worth upgrading then do it. From the looks of this, Apple needs to slow down with releasing "Refreshes" so fast (doesn't this remind you of the bashing RIM gets whenever they release a refresh?). Got the iPad 1, and once I see something huge, then ill upgrade but for now I won't get myself all caught up on these refreshes.

03-09-11 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD