Apple's new protective covers are bumpers?
    06-07-10 11:54 PM
    I think theyre kinda cool looking (if it was white and white or black on a black phone). Probably designed like that because the front and back are that new super strong glass material.

But they said that about the 3G/3GS too. Tell that to the super fine scratch on my screen from the screen protector being off 2 whole days in a year!

Id still buy a case, a super thin silicone one, that covered the back and the sides; and a screen protector. I have a feeling the bulky cases wont be needed on this one unless youre a total clutz because of the stainless frame and the glass material instead of the cheap plastic body of the 3G/3GS
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-08-10 at 12:28 AM.
    06-08-10 12:24 AM
    And I've had my 3Gs with a screen protector since day 1 and have never had a scratch.

I would normally would say it's nice or horrible, but I like to hold judgement until I get up close and personal with the bumpers
    06-08-10 12:47 AM
    Yeh stupid me took it off for 2 days out of the 11 months now and got a VERY faint scratch above the home button, but it bugs the heck out of my especially with a screen protector on you can see it because of the little distortion from the clear plastic protector.
    06-08-10 01:02 AM
    I think the bumpers look pretty cool. I use the Seidio spring clip holster and clear-coat skin, screen and back protection with my 3GS. I don't plan on using a skin with the iPhone 4 since it uses a stainless steel frame and specially engineered glass front and back.
    06-08-10 04:53 AM
    I don't care what they say it's made of. If I get one, it will be wearing an iCondom when I leave the store with it.
    No scratches etc means higher resale value.
    06-08-10 07:02 AM
    Yeh stupid me took it off for 2 days out of the 11 months now and got a VERY faint scratch above the home button, but it bugs the heck out of my especially with a screen protector on you can see it because of the little distortion from the clear plastic protector.
    According to their vid, the phone has glass like a million times harder than steel and steel a million times denser than diamonds and bla bla bla but like another poster wrote-- let's wait and see cause look how delicate the 3g 3gs turned out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:12 AM
    Since the glass on the front and back is supposed to be so strong, they probably are more interested in protecting the metal part as it could probably scratch easier and especially because of the antenna. You'd want to make sure that's protected. I'm going to rock mine naked.
    06-08-10 11:46 AM
    According to their vid, the phone has glass like a million times harder than steel and steel a million times denser than diamonds and bla bla bla but like another poster wrote-- let's wait and see cause look how delicate the 3g 3gs turned out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My 3G was by far more durable than my 3GS.
    06-09-10 12:41 PM
    I like the way those cases look.
    06-09-10 04:08 PM
    Making the switch from Blackberry to the new Iphone.
    Was it the commercial .
    06-09-10 11:24 PM
    i think theyre cute
    06-09-10 11:33 PM
    theyre kinda cool looking
    06-09-10 11:52 PM
    i don't care what they say it's made of. If i get one, it will be wearing an icondom when i leave the store with it.
    No scratches etc means higher resale value.

big loooool....
    06-10-10 10:08 AM
    From an article on BGR:

The folks over at iFix Your i Blog got their hands on an iPhone 4 — sans the “circuit board” — that they have used for some endurance testing. iFYiB reports that the chrome stainless steel bezel that borders the iPhone 4 seems to offer less protection to the phones glass-display than previous models; such as the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The iPhone 4 was dropped three times, from a distance of 3.5 feet, onto an unspecified surface — on the third flight, the phone’s glass cracked. Now, when you drop a 3.5″ piece of glass strapped to 4.5 ounces of weight from 3.5 feet…breakage certainly can’t be ruled out. iFix explains that the new display will suffer from more screen breaks and that the new design, with flush glass, will “come back to bite” Apple in the future. Time will tell.

iPhone 4’s retina display gets critiqued, dropped Boy Genius Report

Warning! .....Do not go iNaked !!!
    EDIT: Apparently, this was a hollow phone, all the internals removed. Not sure if that would make it more or less fragile.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-10-10 at 02:32 PM.
    06-10-10 01:40 PM
    I was going to purchase one initially because I thought it was similar to the Griffin Reveal case for the 3GS. Once I found out that it only covers the sides of the phone I decided I will pass on this accessory and wait for some other cases to surface.
    06-10-10 02:15 PM
    I'm just going to go with whatever InCase offers. They have the best iPhone cases. I like the white iPhone but it looks so tacky with a bumper, imo lol.
    06-10-10 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD