I need some help on a broken Iphone 3G glass screen. The LCD on the phone is fine it is just the glass that is broken. I am looking to do the reapir myself, I have repaired and taken arpart blackberries in the past and I am "tech savvy" so I think I can handle the repair. I just have a few questions before I dive into it.

Now is the Glass Digitizer include the glass screen? I see some on Ebay for about $10, and then other companies selling them for $50, and both companies include the same things.

Here is a pic of the Digitizer, it looks as if it has the glass part in it:

Now the touch function on the phone seems fine, and the calibration is great. Now I am thinking that this will fix the cracked glass. Is there any other part I have to put under this? Like the electro field for the touch function to transfer the movements to the LCD, or does this digitizer do such? Sounds like it would just by the name of the part, Digitizer. I would be thankful for some insight.
    01-09-10 01:40 AM
    Bump! Answers?
    01-11-10 01:02 AM
    Well you can take the phone to a apple store to get it repaired or you can do it yourself. If you say the lcd is working just the glass is broken than you can change the screen without replacing the digitizer because at the 3G the parts are not glued together like in the 2G. If you need help disassembling the phone pm me cause i cant post links yet. if you have any other questions please post. Good luck with that
    02-04-10 02:00 PM
    If you dont want to do it yourself, I know there is people on Craigs List that will do it for like $50 bucks. Be sure you can put it back together if you take it apart.
    02-05-10 01:44 AM
    You can do it, but wouldn't recommend it. The Apple store will do it for you, but can't remember what they charge.
    02-05-10 05:25 PM
    You can do it, but wouldn't recommend it. The Apple store will do it for you, but can't remember what they charge.
    I believe its $200 for the screen and install at Apple
    02-05-10 05:30 PM
    I believe its $200 for the screen and install at Apple
    Nah, that's the charge where they just swap the phone and give you a new one. They do have an option to replace the screen, but just can't remember the cost. Think its under $100
    02-05-10 05:35 PM
    Nah, that's the charge where they just swap the phone and give you a new one. They do have an option to replace the screen, but just can't remember the cost. Think its under $100
    I just called the Apple store. They said its $199 installed for a new screen
    02-05-10 05:53 PM
    Thanks guys, for all the help.
    Last edited by jakethesnake011; 02-08-10 at 10:17 PM.
    02-05-10 06:14 PM
    Sweet pics!! Thanks for posting them
    02-05-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD