It's just a blank white screen when the phone turns on.. that's it. Not showing anything else at all.
    Tried doing a reset and it didn't work. About to do a firmware reset and then dfu if that doesn't work.
    From what I hear though its usually a hardware thing... should I give up and sell for parts?
    04-02-11 01:33 PM
    How old is it? Was it jailbroken?

If anything, take it to the Apple Store and see what they say.
    04-02-11 03:33 PM
    Enter DFU and plug it into iTunes. Where did you get this phone? If it was dropped or something like that, it could easily be just the screen is messed up. There was a recent post on a forum where someone dropped their iPhone and the behavior was the same as you describe. White screen on powerup.
    04-02-11 05:45 PM
    Sounds like screen failure, or possibly the flex cable coming loose as part of a fall. I wouldn't refer to it as bricked. Bricked usually comes from a bad software flash, which I have never seen or heard of with an iPhone. As mentioned above, take it to Apple. Be super polite. They have been known to fix things out of warranty sometimes. At the worst, they can probably give some insight as to the true problem
    04-09-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD