hi....

i just want to know if what is happening to me is something that can be fixed....

my phone froze so i turned it off....but ever since i did that the iphone tries to turn on but then it kinda freezes on the apple and then the "hour glass" gets stuck on the screen and then turns off again....and the same thing happens over again..

i am at work and i have no way to try and restore it until tomorrow morning....

is this something that i can fix with a restore...or should i start looking at other phones????

tya....
    01-24-10 07:50 PM
    I had the same problem and a restore worked.
    01-24-10 09:04 PM
    yeah a restore should probably be the answer...
    01-24-10 09:31 PM
    ok this is my problem right now.....i cant get the phone power up enough so itunes can recognize it....what should i do????

and it seems i cant put it in FDU mode
    01-24-10 10:36 PM
    ok this is my problem right now.....i cant get the phone power up enough so itunes can recognize it....what should i do????

and it seems i cant put it in FDU mode
    Use the wall connector and plug the phone into a wall jack. That will charge it pretty quickly. Then hook it up to the pc.
    01-25-10 12:17 PM
    This is the method i used to get my phone to recovery mode...

iPhone 3G: Simple Way to Enter Recovery Mode | kombitz.com
    01-25-10 06:55 PM
    plug it to an outlet for a bit.. then try to get it into dfu mode.
    01-27-10 01:02 PM
    thank you guys for your solutions...

thankfully i was able to put it in in FUD mode and i did a full restore as a new phone so i basically lost everything....

but that is the price for having a jailbreak phone i guess
    01-27-10 06:35 PM
    You shouldn't have to charge or DFU it. You can force the phone into recovery mode by powering it completely off then plugging the phone into your computer while holding down the home button w/o iTunes up. Just keep holding the home button til the connect to iTunes screen appears, then open iTunes and restore away.
    01-27-10 09:56 PM
    You shouldn't have to charge or DFU it. You can force the phone into recovery mode by powering it completely off then plugging the phone into your computer while holding down the home button w/o iTunes up. Just keep holding the home button til the connect to iTunes screen appears, then open iTunes and restore away.

you know...i think that's how i did it....it wasn't charging at all.....i just connected to itunes and then with the phone turned off i hold down the home bottom....that's how i got it
    01-28-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD