So i finally did it and took the plunge and ended my contract with verizon, and i bought the new iphone 3gs, me and my uncle went to an AT&T and they were selling the last one as i walked in. So we went into the best buy across the street and they had 2 iphone 3gS's in stock. So we took the plunge and bought them and the rep was very helpful and friendly. So far its awesome and i love it!!
    06-19-09 04:14 PM
    Congrats! I'm heading out later today or tomorrow to pick one up.
    06-19-09 04:18 PM
    So i finally did it and took the plunge and ended my contract with verizon, and i bought the new iphone 3gs, me and my uncle went to an AT&T and they were selling the last one as i walked in. So we went into the best buy across the street and they had 2 iphone 3gS's in stock. So we took the plunge and bought them and the rep was very helpful and friendly. So far its awesome and i love it!!

enjoy it I guess?
    06-19-09 04:18 PM
    Congrats and good luck with the iphone...
    06-19-09 04:19 PM
    Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Sorry, it's just not for me.
    06-19-09 04:39 PM
    Lol that sucks for you!
    I'm kidding I'm kidding
    But eh...BB is for me :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:29 PM
    haha so far i love it, ive had a ipod touch for a while so its kind of just like a realllllllllly big upgrade haha
    06-19-09 09:41 PM
    Same here gents. I just got the iPhone 3g for $99 dollars and yea this phone is so advanced it's really quite incredible. I have retired my 8310 to my daughter. We are both quite happy.
    06-19-09 09:53 PM
    Haha... good stuff.
    06-19-09 09:59 PM
    so i been playin with my iphone and i was wondering what that little screw driver thing that came on the package was for?? any ideas would be appreciated... lol this fone is awesome!!
    06-20-09 01:30 AM
    Typing on the iPhone is like trying to type on a piece of ice. I won't by one until there's a full physical qwerty keyboard.
    06-20-09 01:42 AM
    Typing on the iPhone is like trying to type on a piece of ice. I won't by one until there's a full physical qwerty keyboard.
    Then you havent typed on one .... because its waay better then the storm or even the 8330 , i had both , and i type 5x as fast on the iphone then on any blackberry
    06-20-09 01:51 AM
    Then you havent typed on one .... because its waay better then the storm or even the 8330 , i had both , and i type 5x as fast on the iphone then on any blackberry

man while I agree with a lot of what you say.. I will dissagree with this a bit..

theres a guy who typed 75 wpm on a bold.. now while I did type pretty decent on the iPhone neither the storm or the iPhone can compete with a really good physical keyboard..

I do agree that the person your quoting may not have used the iPhone enough to figure in how well typing works on it.. its quite weird you just have to learn to trust the keyboard and you can type pretty dang fast on it but no where near as fast as real physical keys with someone who can really type on them..
    06-20-09 03:09 AM
    so i been playin with my iphone and i was wondering what that little screw driver thing that came on the package was for?? any ideas would be appreciated... lol this fone is awesome!!
    That little screw driver thing if I am not mistaken is a pin to do a reset on the phone if it ever locks up. There is a little pin hole on the top left of the phone next to the audio Jack. I know I know have you ever heard of reseting a iPhone a battery pull or turning the phone off. Lol. Coming from the storm I don't know what to do with my free time in the morning when I use to have to pull the battery to start my day.
    Last edited by Tortyl; 06-20-09 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Spell corrections
    06-20-09 07:59 AM
    Being a huge fan of Blackberries, I have two Blackberries currently, Bold and Pearl. This may sound blamphemous lol! I have to admit the new iphone is pretty darn cool and likely will get one as another phone line. The 3 issues I had with iphone in which 3G S made up...the 1st gen iphones were lacking imo for me in which I opted to go with my Blackberries, was bigger keyboard buttons for my fat thumbs. Landscape mode corrected the issue. NO video camera, what were they thinking? A high end pda phone with no video camera?!!? and at those prices they were initially selling at. The Internet you see on the commercial issimply fast, vs real life which isn't that way. I looked at the 3G and it wasn't any difference. You def can see the difference in the load speed of the webpages. The auto focus on the camera is pretty sweet. The only thing new buyers should be aware of if they haven't read the disclaimer, MMS will be up late summer and the option appears not available as of yet. I tested the demos at the store and they didn't have the MMS icon the iphones yet. I probably will get one later on, likely close to winter once all the initial bugs are sorted out if there are any. My only problem is what size to get, the 32gb or the 8 gb?
    Last edited by thinktank817; 06-20-09 at 09:15 AM.
    06-20-09 09:06 AM
    That little screw driver thing if I am not mistaken is a pin to do a reset on the phone if it ever locks up. There is a little pin hole on the top left of the phone next to the audio Jack. I know I know have you ever heard of reseting a iPhone a battery pull or turning the phone off. Lol. Coming from the storm I don't know what to do with my free time in the morning when I use to have to pull the battery to start my day.
    LMAO.. no.. the little screw driver thing is to eject the sim card on top. The iPhone doesn't need battery pull crap stuff.. it has a real OS.
    06-20-09 09:38 AM

Thats used to removed you sim card
    06-20-09 10:05 AM
    congrats guys who have keep us updated with developments...
    06-20-09 10:06 AM
    While I realize it's not for everyone, I have recently made the switch from the Bold to the iPhone and find I type just as quickly. The trick is to trust the keyboard to fix any mistakes you make. But after only two days of use, the mistakes are few and far between.
    06-22-09 08:06 AM
    The keyboard does take some getting used to, and I can understand some people not liking it. But it's not anywhere near as bad as some would have you believe. In fact some folks prefer it to a physical keyboard.
    06-22-09 09:42 AM
    I also thought it was a reset, but it looks, from the pictures in the Help, that it is to upgrade the SIM
    06-22-09 09:48 AM
    I also picked up a 3gs on friday.. and cant keep my hands off it...
    06-23-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD