I just got my Blackberry Bold a few days ago and love it (switched from POS Storm). I'd like to know some of the reasons why former Bold owners moved to the iPhone. What are the advantages to each device? And why did you choose one over the other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:57 PM
    I went from a Curve to an iPhone 3G to a Bold and now Im going back to the iPhone 3G. While I like the Bold very much. I love the iPhone, you cant compare the apps and it is so fast. Also the camera quality on the iPhone is so much better. Of course, this is a matter of personal opinion but for me the iPhone is definately the best choice.
    06-20-09 10:17 PM
    im going to buy a used 1st gen iphone just to play with. i can get ones with broken glass fronts working for cheap, then ill replace the glass and it wont cost a ton...as i said..just for play
    06-21-09 08:51 AM
    i adore my bold, but went to an iphone 3g because of a few reasons. one, the apps, although the bold has some really cool apps, they dont compare to the iphone. second, the space, i have a 16gb media card in my bold, and its really nice having it. BUT, thats all i can use it for, media, i cant run apps off it, or really do anything else with it at all. with the iphone, i have only 8gb, but i can run all my apps off it, and still have room for videos, pics, music, etc.. third, the blackberry memory problem. i got sooo tired of having to pull a battery, do a soft reset, or not install certain themes because of the effect it had on the performance of my phone. i hate that i would start out with a high memory at the beginning of the day, then dwindle to nothing. i know that some beta os's or os's from different carrieres may help the situation, but ultimately its still there. i kinda miss my push email, kinda, sometimes it got annonying, and i felt i was a slave to the "crack" LOL. i have no regrets with either phone right now. with the new os 3.0 for the iphone, i'm very pleased as well. i still have my bold, and i'm sure that i'll grow tired of the iphone at some point (maybe ) and i'll be back on the crack.
    06-21-09 11:07 AM
    I just switched to a 3G about 3 weeks ago. And the only regret that I have, is that I didnt do it sooner. I have been used pretty much nothing but Blackberry for about 3-4 years now, and I just thought that the iPhone might be a better phone for me. And I was right. Where the Bold is a great phone, IMO, the best the RIM has come out with, it cant even compare to an iPhone. Everyone told me that not having BB Messenger, and push email would kill me. And to be honest, I havent even noticed it. I still get my email every 15, and I cant complain with that. The one thing that really made me feel good about the switch, was paying for a data plan. I feel like an ***** for paying for a data plan with the BB. You can do ANYTHING with the BB compared to the iPhone. That right there is enough to make a switch over.
    06-21-09 11:19 AM
    Typically an iphone is fun for a while but then you start to miss the productivity. Even on the iphone, you will find issues that will constantly drive you nuts. It you use a device for email and messenging primarily, you will pine over your BB again in the future. If you basically want a gadget with the best mobile browser, you are perfect with the iphone. I wanted both and have both. Ps don't assume that u have 8gig of app installable mem on iphone, run sbsettings and u will see that partition is less than yoou reall wann know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:00 AM
    same as above poster. I found a great deal on a 2g iphone with everything for 100 bucks. now i have my bold and my iphone. ill switch back and forth....
    06-22-09 08:59 AM
    same as above poster. I found a great deal on a 2g iphone with everything for 100 bucks. now i have my bold and my iphone. ill switch back and forth....
    I think you should look into a 3G at least, GPS is big upgrade.
    06-22-09 09:29 AM
    im going to buy a used 1st gen iphone just to play with. i can get ones with broken glass fronts working for cheap, then ill replace the glass and it wont cost a ton...as i said..just for play
    Be careful with that... You can't just change the glass on a first gen iPhone... They're glued solidly together and removing just the glass will cause damage to your LCD in 99.9% of cases. You actually need to buy an entire display, which can run around $125. Check out this youtube to see what I'm talking about:

06-22-09 12:18 PM
    i just sold my bold on ebay few days ago, now im thinking of getting new iphone 3Gs, hopefully after the unlocked software is out. To me bold without data plan is completely useless, wifi wont work, even with data plan navigate the browser using a track ball is not something im good at. touch screen would save me alot of time. The only thing i like about my bold is the full keyboard when im doing texting(love it).
    06-22-09 10:11 PM
    I have a Bold and just bought a 3G iPhone. I made the switch for the following reasons:

1) primarily because of the available medical programs. The BB programs are overly complicated, not very up to date and just crap. The iPhone, on the other hand, has a plethora of accurate, slick and CHEAP medical programs.

2) I am able to ditch my iPod now that I am upgrading to the 32GB iPhone and giving the 16GB to my wife

3) touchscreen games are cool

4) the messaging interface is better than BB

5) the overall amount of free or cheap programs available for the iPhone are unbelievable.

The only thing that sucks about the iPhone is the number of push programs are limited. No more push notifications on Facebook, Twitter and Myspace...that sucks, but overall not so bad.

Jim
    06-22-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD