05-21-10 07:22 AM
45 12
tools
    I use it for both work and personal.Wifi and 3G abound most places that I am most of the time. I might just be bored and ready for something different,but want to be aware of things that I will be losing and/or gaining. Does anyone know if the 3GS has true stereo bluetooth(not dual mono) I know that there are trade offs both ways,but welcome any thoughts from similar situations. Thank you in advance.
    It really is just a personal thing. For me I just got sick of the sub par browser on the Berry and the lack of media functions overall. The one thing that I would say is that if you decide to make the jump wait until next month so you can get the new iPhone HD/4G or whatever it is going to be called. It will have a bigger batter and front facing camera as well as many other upgrades to the current 3GS. If you make the jump congrats I know you will love it.
    05-04-10 06:01 PM
    It is quite funny how having so many options these days makes it really hard to actually choose what phone you want/need. One would think it would be the opposite.
    05-05-10 09:46 AM
    I have a 3GS and I currently have an ad up on Craigslist because I wanna go back to the BB. I miss my notification light and keyboard.
    05-05-10 11:03 AM
    I have a bold, ill part with in trade for an iphone 3gs. My gf is looking to trade her bold 9000 for the iphone. I have a bold and iphone, and dont wanna part with either.
    05-08-10 11:40 AM
    I'm ready to trade in my Bold for the new Iphone.
    05-12-10 07:33 PM
    I've went back to my iPhone form the bold 9000. It's just not my cup of tea. But now I have to try to sell the Bold...
    05-16-10 02:17 AM
    I've currently got a Bold and due for an upgrade in a month. This was my first BB and I've loved it, its served me well. Its probably the first mobile since my first (Nokia 'banana' phone!) where I've not got bored of it after a couple of months. But I have found it lacking in certain areas...
    I initially didn't mind the new OSs and trying out betas but over time got bored with having to personalise it all after a new OS install. Memory leaks were/are a pain also and with my current OS (granted beta 5.0) the battery life is terrible! Browser, media capabilities, camera... Whilst all capable not quite 'smooth' enough for me. I was looking at the Desire and it certainly looks very good until I got my wife an iphone... I then realised how much I use itunes! Music, tv programmes and now digital films that come with shop bought dvds/blu rays. My kids have ipods and and the ease with which I can sync stuff etc is what I love most about it. I just hope that the new iphone is on par with the Desire! I suppose if I didn't use itunes so much I would consider a 9700 or the new slider (although its still marmite with me till I see it in my hand) and OS 6.0 looks nice with (hopefully) the new webkit browser. I'll miss the keyboard but who knows.. Couple of years I may be back!
    And finally Crackberry... Love this place, no other site services its core users so well =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 06:01 AM
    The iPhone 4g should have no trouble at all competing with the Desire.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 02:46 PM
    I'm currently selling my 3GS, and replacing it with a Bold 9700.

Hello CrackBerry!
    05-17-10 04:05 PM
    I'm currently selling my 3GS, and replacing it with a Bold 9700.

Hello CrackBerry!
    I'm doing the opposite. Tried out the 9700 and now I'm switching back to the iPhone.
    05-17-10 05:18 PM
    I just took out a brand new 9000 that I had in a box. Ah, it feels so good
    05-17-10 09:56 PM
    I'm doing the opposite. Tried out the 9700 and now I'm switching back to the iPhone.
    For real? how come?
    05-17-10 10:58 PM
    For real? how come?
    I prefer the simplicity of the iPhones plus I enjoy the apps.
    05-18-10 11:02 AM
    Ah. Alright cool. I have 11 "pages" of paid apps, and I don't even use them. Well, except for Twitter haha!

I'm switching for the BBM.
    05-19-10 01:29 AM
    I prefer the simplicity of the iPhones plus I enjoy the apps.
    That's why I'm switching from the Bold to Iphone. Alot of apps the Iphone has I would use/need.
    05-19-10 02:58 PM
    Ah. Alright cool. I have 11 "pages" of paid apps, and I don't even use them. Well, except for Twitter haha!

I'm switching for the BBM.
    I got tired of BBM in less than a week. I love my iPhone and we shall never part again
    05-19-10 03:57 PM
    Ah I need BBM for work. International messaging made cheap and easy haha

Just got my Bold 9700 today. SWEEEEEEET.
    05-20-10 05:37 AM
    I just took out a brand new 9000 that I had in a box. Ah, it feels so good
    Omg... tell me about it! I actually sold two new ones I had lying around and almost told the guy "never mind". The size is perfect. Imagine a trackpad was on that bad boy with the 9700 hardware.
    05-20-10 07:39 PM
    I presently own both, also a lot of the problems I have with the iPhone half may be fixed in the next Gen, keep that in mind.

Anyway, my Bold 9000 is an incredible communications device, I get everything I need emails, texts etc, also being an international person I need the BBM for friends and otherwise. The antenna ive noticed is also better, I get signal on my bold in places I dont with my iPhone. Same with call clarity and quality, both better on my bold.

On the other hand, if you want a small super computer in your pocket, the iPhone is the way to rock, anything I need or want is on the iPhone at any given time. However, my main reason for switching over is that im a power user, and the battery life on my 3G is pathetic if im on 3G all day. My last complaint is Apple's walled garden strategy, I admit it is nice to go to one reliable place for apps etc, however, I think its ridiculous to have to hack (Jailbreak) my phone for its full abilities. Also as for right now in the majority of users ive seen on the Jailbreak forums, when you jailbreak your GPS becomes highly unstable.

Oh also, I dont know how much this happens but email on the iPhone love the UI, but the connection itself is jiggy, from what I understand the iPhone doesnt handle Exchange accounts as well, (may be a me thing) often ill log into my computer and find emails that were never delivered which to me is unacceptable and the main reason I changed.

Really it comes down to this, reliability, vs use-ibility. I find my Bold much more reliable when it comes down to the wire but the iphone, was f*cking cool .
    05-20-10 08:49 PM
    That would be the perfect BlackBerry! Oh, and add a webkit to it; bam!

Omg... tell me about it! I actually sold two new ones I had lying around and almost told the guy "never mind". The size is perfect. Imagine a trackpad was on that bad boy with the 9700 hardware.
    05-21-10 07:22 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD