I use it for both work and personal.Wifi and 3G abound most places that I am most of the time. I might just be bored and ready for something different,but want to be aware of things that I will be losing and/or gaining. Does anyone know if the 3GS has true stereo bluetooth(not dual mono) I know that there are trade offs both ways,but welcome any thoughts from similar situations. Thank you in advance.
    03-20-10 08:35 PM
    A lot may say a BlackBerry (not necessarily those in the iPhone forums) as you stated for both personal & business.

It's really what you prefer and/or need. If you'd like a touchscreen, the iPhone is the best in the market in that department. An abundance of apps, so that won't be an issue when wanting to find an app that you use for the BlackBerry. There is usually the same app or a similar one.

If notifications are critical for you, then the iPhone isn't the way to go IMHO. I have mine jailbroken and that's not an issue for me at the moment as I have the screen set up to flash for notifications and I also have a today screen.
    03-21-10 12:34 AM
    I'll trade you my iPhone.. I'm sick of it. I can't wait for the bugs on the touchpad bold to be fixed and I'm buying one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 05:56 PM
    My wife, son and daughter all have iphone 3G's. I have a Bold 9000, but the more I use their iphones, the more I'm looking at getting rid of my Bold. Just gotta decide how much it's worth.
    03-21-10 07:42 PM
    I had every bb known to man with big red, pearl, both curve 1 and 2, both storms and the tour... I'm very glad I made the switch, yeah I miss BBM a little, but I enjoy a full true internet browser, no battery pulls and apps that function even in a non 3G area
    03-21-10 07:53 PM
    I also have had a pearl, a curve and a storm and I even tried out android with the mytouch3g before i went to the iphone... I know after using it for 3 days, Ill never go back to another phone. Mine is unlocked right now and when my contract is up in a year I will be saying peace out to tmobile and switching to at and t! The only reason I dont want to stay with tmobile is you cant get 3g with an unlocked Iphone :-(
    03-21-10 09:28 PM
    I currently use a bold, but have owned a few iphones, and still have an iphone on my family account. The truth is.... The iphone has come a long way the last few years. Its an awesome device. But, it lacks a notification light and a keyboard. That was enough to keep me with my bold. I purchased an itouch and have not missed the iphone experience at all. However, if the rumours are true, I will be purchasing the new iphone when it is released.

03-22-10 01:27 AM
    I currently use a bold, but have owned a few iphones, and still have an iphone on my family account. The truth is.... The iphone has come a long way the last few years. Its an awesome device. But, it lacks a notification light and a keyboard. That was enough to keep me with my bold. I purchased an itouch and have not missed the iphone experience at all. However, if the rumours are true, I will be purchasing the new iphone when it is released.

Most of the iPhone rumors are never true.
    03-22-10 02:46 AM
    It's funny, I just went the other way from an iPhone 3Gs to a Bold. Both are great devices it really depends upon what you want/need. I use my phones for both work and personal with gMail and a coroprate Exchange Server (BES in BB Land). Around town, the iPhone was great, you have the power of the web in your hand (pocket, or whatever) and it's handy. The downfall of the iPhone for me was battery life when I travel for work. I had external batteries and the likes however, it became more of a hassle than it was worth for me. Now when I travel, I mainstay on the Bold and bring the iPhone often times leaving my laptop using Safari and other crap on the iPhone.

My wife on the other hand, has the same iPhone and loves it with no problems of battery life. So it all depends on what your needs are. You can do all of the "business" crap on an iPhone that you can do on a BB, just keep an eye out for the next plug in ;-)
    03-22-10 12:08 PM
    I use it for both work and personal.Wifi and 3G abound most places that I am most of the time. I might just be bored and ready for something different,but want to be aware of things that I will be losing and/or gaining. Does anyone know if the 3GS has true stereo bluetooth(not dual mono) I know that there are trade offs both ways,but welcome any thoughts from similar situations. Thank you in advance.
    I think you will like the iPhone. If you don't, you can always go back to your BB. But I think you will really like it. I initially went from a Bold 9000 to an iPhone and it was a great move for me. I don't use the iPhone now, but it opened me up to the greatness of capacitive touchscreen devices.
    03-22-10 12:40 PM
    iphone is extremely lacing in the "work" department
    03-22-10 12:57 PM
    I switched from a BOLD 9000 & 9700 to an iPhone. I love it purely for the browsing capability...
    03-22-10 02:27 PM
    I think you will like the iPhone. If you don't, you can always go back to your BB. But I think you will really like it. I initially went from a Bold 9000 to an iPhone and it was a great move for me. I don't use the iPhone now, but it opened me up to the greatness of capacitive touchscreen devices.
    +2 the iPhone is a great gateway drub to capacitive touch screens. I still own and use my iPhone, but i wouldn't have even looked at android or other touch screen phones if i had never got the iPhone. I would still be qwerty keyboard brainwashed.
    03-22-10 02:38 PM
    +2 the iPhone is a great gateway drub to capacitive touch screens. I still own and use my iPhone, but i wouldn't have even looked at android or other touch screen phones if i had never got the iPhone. I would still be qwerty keyboard brainwashed.
    What do you think about sliders?
    03-22-10 02:43 PM
    What do you think about sliders?
    I like sliders. I don't think they can be a hassle though. I prefer portrait over landscape, due to the fact I don't have to go through the whole turning it sideways to type all the time. But I like the droid I have just fine.
    03-22-10 02:53 PM
    Think of the core features of the bold: Physical buttons, long battery life, when you plug via usb to a pc you can access your photos/files like a pendrive, sleeper magnet, Real Push email, BBM. Those are all the core features that you are going to miss out on.

Go to an apple store. you can play with the iphone3gs all day and they won't tell you to go away. Comparing the bold 9000 to an iphone3gs is not fair. Get a bold 9700. or even the Blackberry storm2. I have that. I couldn't stand using an iphone because i would click things by mistake as it has no surepress.

Just some thoughts

you can try buying a second hand iphone... then if you choose to sell it off, you can gel almost 100% of your money back. and get a NEW one if it is your thing.
    03-22-10 04:31 PM
    I think you'll notice the 3gs is way faster. The apps are, well...anything and everything. I do believe the berry is far more reliable and you won't get drop calls as you'll get with the iphone. From my experience the phone does not switch bands propertly and there are times when i am typing a text on the iphone and my service goes away, therefore i have to lock the phone and wait for the service to come back so that i can send that text. This won't happen with a berry or other phones...i am running a N1 on At&t and i haven't had any issues.
    03-23-10 09:11 AM
    I switched from the Bold 9000 to the 32GB 3GS because I was in the market for a new ipod. Plus the Bold was getting a little old. The browsing experience on the iphone is much better than on BlaackBerry, especially now that Opera released its mini browser its even better.
    04-24-10 08:18 AM
    I switched from a BOLD 9000 & 9700 to an iPhone. I love it purely for the browsing capability...
    ok im seeing alot of people commenting on the browsing capabilities of the iphone/safari..I used opera mini on my bold and i loved it!! I just got an iphone and I cant stand safari..I guess its the fact that opera seemed to run a lot faster than safari..

could some one explain to me?
    04-24-10 11:27 AM
    Opera doesnt load anything on the device, so it's wicked fast. Everything is rendered and loaded on their servers. It's quick and renders pretty good, I like it. But things like fine zooming, scrolling, and text selection in Safari are leaps and bounds ahead of Opera Mini.

I've had every Berry from the 88xx series on, an E71x, several Sony's, Samsung touch phones, and then there is my iPhone. Aside from battery life, I can't think of a single thing that my Iphone doesn't do better than every other phone I have. Now, I could give less that a damn about email. I set it to check it when I go into the app. Personal preference but I hate my device going off every two seconds for useless crap be it work or personal email. In my eyes, RIM has some serious work to do if they want me to believe in their devices again. They're not even on the list of prospective devices for me at this point, I'd just sell it if I was given one again.
    04-24-10 11:48 AM
    Still hanging on the bold 9000. Waiting to see new iphone. I saw the pictured and column on the iphone that was left in the diner, and still curious about the front facing camera. Guess no led notification light. Multitasking could be good, but how about battery life? Lots of questions to be answered in the next few months. Seeing as I am with at and t, I'm interested in seeing the android options.

04-25-10 05:28 PM
    I currently have a Bold 9000 and I am goign to get the new iPhone this summer when it comes out. With this new OS update Apple is doing on the iPhone there is no reason for me at least to stay with Blackberry. I may miss the keyboard a bit but i will get used to the touch screen. What can Blackberry's do that iPhone can't anymore, especially if you jailbreak it.
    04-25-10 09:05 PM
    I just switched from the bold 9000 to the iphone 3gs. Im not a business man, and my trackball was really giving me fits! It was time for a change, and im Happy! Now my gf wants the iphone, and dump her bold too...lol Anyone wanna swap her?...lol But its all preference! I loved my bold too, but was time for a change, and im glad i did.
    05-03-10 08:15 AM
    Have the Bold 9000 thinking of making the jump.
    05-03-10 02:42 PM
    I have an iPhone 3GS and im thinking of trading it for a bold 9700 but im not sure =/
    i love my iphone but battery sucks is battery better in the bold?
    wish i had both of them swap them around maybe just tired of the iphone lol
    05-04-10 02:43 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD