01-06-10 05:37 PM
31 12
tools
    Well the iphone 3gs is suppose to be some super smartphone and the only thing it really has goig for it is the speed...
    Were not going to do the research for you. Get off your **** and Google what it can do, because you obviously dont have a clue if speed is the only thing you can say about it. There are NUMEROUS things going for it that even the biggest BB fanboys admit to.

Rogers im sending it back and want a refund for this piece of $#1+ device you call a SMARTPHONE!
    Coming into an iphone forum and spouting crap like this isnt gonna get you much help from iphone users if the first thing u do is insult their choice in device. If some random person called you car a POS and bashed on it, and then turned around and asked for your help choosing a car, would you be very inclined to help?

Use some common sense here. You dont have to like the phone, but respect those who do.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-31-09 at 11:35 AM.
    12-31-09 11:31 AM
    What are you talking about? I only post to ONE forum, and that's CrackBerry.com

Just kidding...

Navi, I think you Might have forum confusion. You posted this in the TiPB forums.
    12-31-09 02:37 PM
    What are you talking about? I only post to ONE forum, and that's CrackBerry.com

Just kidding...
    Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 12-31-09 at 04:34 PM.
    12-31-09 04:28 PM
    I just purchased a 3 gs on 12/30/09 and returned it yesterday 1/5/10 to ATT. I liked the phone a lot. And since my company just went out and put all of us on Bold 9000 BES I really didn't need my personal Bold for work.

But here is my question / comments. The reason I returned the phone was due to the battery not making it a full day about 14 hours was it before the phone shut off. When I looked at my usage it showed between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours of actual use (email, text, surf, facebook, etc.) and of course the 13 to 14 hours of standby time since last full charge. I was making about 13 to 25 minutes worth of calls too. Data transfer was less than 2 Mb sent and less than 10 received. No bluetooth. No wifi. 3G service all the time.

I just have to have a phone that will make it at least till I plug it in at night. So the question part is - Is this typical battery life for 3 GS or did I get a bad phone? Oh ATT store offered to trade phones with me but then they dropped the bomb shell that if the second phone wasn't any better I'd have to take it up with Apple. They would not refund my money on the phone. With that choice I just got my money back.

I really liked the Iphone and it would have worked fine for my personal use since I have the company berry for all my appointments, emails, etc. Yes there are some things I would change like tones, light notifications, being tied to Apple iTunes. But I just couldn't deal with the battery issue and lack of ATT help if I decided to try another phone.
    01-06-10 08:13 AM
    I carry both.... BB Bold 9000 and the iphone 3Gs(jailbroken) Best of both worlds...
    01-06-10 01:02 PM
    I just purchased a 3 gs on 12/30/09 and returned it yesterday 1/5/10 to ATT. I liked the phone a lot. And since my company just went out and put all of us on Bold 9000 BES I really didn't need my personal Bold for work.

But here is my question / comments. The reason I returned the phone was due to the battery not making it a full day about 14 hours was it before the phone shut off. When I looked at my usage it showed between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours of actual use (email, text, surf, facebook, etc.) and of course the 13 to 14 hours of standby time since last full charge. I was making about 13 to 25 minutes worth of calls too. Data transfer was less than 2 Mb sent and less than 10 received. No bluetooth. No wifi. 3G service all the time.

I just have to have a phone that will make it at least till I plug it in at night. So the question part is - Is this typical battery life for 3 GS or did I get a bad phone? Oh ATT store offered to trade phones with me but then they dropped the bomb shell that if the second phone wasn't any better I'd have to take it up with Apple. They would not refund my money on the phone. With that choice I just got my money back.

I really liked the Iphone and it would have worked fine for my personal use since I have the company berry for all my appointments, emails, etc. Yes there are some things I would change like tones, light notifications, being tied to Apple iTunes. But I just couldn't deal with the battery issue and lack of ATT help if I decided to try another phone.
    First it's not that ATT does not want to help you, it's that like all apple products any return issues have to done via apple. Second 14hrs is pushing it for the iphone hate to admit it but the battery life is not great on it.
    01-06-10 05:37 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD