Now I switched to the iPhone 3GS about a week ago and so far I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

what does it really offer?

Pro's=
    Yes the icons are amazing
    the speed capabilities are un-real
    browser
    multi touch screen
    app store

Con's=
    No customization.. plain boring experiance..
    Push notifications SUCK
    for that matter ANY notifications suck
    text highlighting really buggy
    battery last HALF A DAY!!! like WTF???
    phone heats up quickly
    sms mms email sound notications can not be added (without buying from itunes which you need to have a valid credit card)
    sensative screen does things you dont want it to do
    speaker is ported to one side and is easily muted while holding the phone
    no flash on camera
    OS layout is DUMB to change options of anything you have to exit out of the app
    multi tasking is VERY limited
    no grip on the phone itself
    email takes forever to recieve/send
    theres an anoyying sent sms noise that you CAN NOT turn off
    no flash

the list goes on and on and on and on....

I miss my blackberry... Rogers im sending it back and want a refund for this piece of $#1+ device you call a SMARTPHONE!
    Last edited by ColourBerry; 12-26-09 at 09:51 AM.
    12-25-09 11:35 PM
    here is the official post!
    12-25-09 11:44 PM
    Did you research the item before getting it? The following is well known:
    • no flash
    • no grip (although I find it to be good for me)
    • limited multitasking

Also, some of those things seem like a device issue as I don't have them:
    • text highlighting is better than any OS out there (touchscreen)
    • phone stays pretty cool for me
    • email on the iPhone isn't text only, it's full html and can take longer as it's more bytes being sent than other devices.

Try the 9700... it's pretty sweet. I love mine.
    12-26-09 12:55 AM
    Yawwwwn.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:18 AM
    Did you research the item before getting it? The following is well known:
    • no flash
    • no grip (although I find it to be good for me)
    • limited multitasking

Also, some of those things seem like a device issue as I don't have them:
    • text highlighting is better than any OS out there (touchscreen)
    • phone stays pretty cool for me
    • email on the iPhone isn't text only, it's full html and can take longer as it's more bytes being sent than other devices.

Try the 9700... it's pretty sweet. I love mine.

Well the iphone 3gs is suppose to be some super smartphone and the only thing it really has goig for it is the speed...
    12-26-09 09:53 AM
    I understand your gripes but I did research before purchasing the iPhone.
    Therefore I cannot complain because the iPhone works exactly as advertised.
    12-26-09 09:54 AM
    [SIZE="4"]
    Now I switched to the iPhone 3GS about a week ago and so far I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

Con's=
    No customization.. plain boring experiance..
    Push notifications SUCK
    for that matter ANY notifications suck
    text highlighting really buggy
    battery last HALF A DAY!!! like WTF???
    phone heats up quickly
    sms mms email sound notications can not be added (without buying from itunes which you need to have a valid credit card)
    sensative screen does things you dont want it to do
    speaker is ported to one side and is easily muted while holding the phone
    no flash on camera
    OS layout is DUMB to change options of anything you have to exit out of the app
    multi tasking is VERY limited
    no grip on the phone itself
    email takes forever to recieve/send
    theres an anoyying sent sms noise that you CAN NOT turn off
    no flash

the list goes on and on and on and on....
    ]
    i agree with the customization, unless you jailbreak in which case its just like a blackberry.

i disagree about push notifications, they are spot on for me. the only thing i dont like is that one over rides the other. but there are badges on the apps so i know which ones i've missed.

cant comment on text highlighting as i've never had an issue. i did have issues with it on my bold though.

if the battery is only lasting you half a day, its probably because you just got the phone and have been playing on it a lot. my battery will last just fine all day and then some. the more i use it though, the worse it gets. this is the case with all types of devices.

my phone has not overheated once.

yes the speaker is off to one side, but i hardly ever have issues with it being covered. if it is during lets say a movie, i just flip the phone over and viola, problem fixed.

again, there is a jailbreak fix for this, but even then, what options would you want to be changing while using an app? or the phone for that matter? it takes like 15 seconds to change any option within the phone.

depending on what you want to do yes, multitasking can be limited. but you dont ever have to do a battery pull for lack of memory on an iphone either. (not that you could)

no grip on the phone? its just as good as any other phone, thats just a silly one.

email is just as fast to send and receive as my bold was, AND as mentioned already, it loads all pics and everything!

i dont need a flash on the camera, how many times do you think it really helps on the phone anyway?

the sent sms sound to me is good, that way when i hit send and close the app, i know that it for sure went thru.

i'm not sure if you mean flash support online, or the camera flash, if the first, no one has that do they?
    12-26-09 01:09 PM
    Well the iphone 3gs is suppose to be some super smartphone and the only thing it really has goig for it is the speed...
    That answer's Duvi's question then on whether you did your research before
    you bought it.
    12-26-09 02:50 PM
    I did research this phone but I expected way to much from it... coming from the Blackberry Bold maybe it is all bias cause I most def miss my blackberry and for duvi I like the 9700 but I find the keys are a little to small but Im sure it would take some getting use to just like with any other phone.
    12-26-09 10:40 PM
    Please jailbreak your iPhone. 90% of your cons will be gone if you did. My jailbroken iPhone would blow you away. It's so tricked out and so much better than a non jailbroken iPhone. All the software related issues can be change if you decide to jailbreak. Send me a message if you want clarification. Maybe I can show you my iPhone. And Multitasking is now available for jailbroken iPhones. Look down and you'll see the topic.
    12-27-09 04:42 AM
    yea I would love to see your phone, and problem is... there is currently no (untethered) jailbreak available for my phone
    12-27-09 10:51 AM
    I hate to say it, but, I think this thread is pointless. This is like talking about a Ford and a BMW. Honestly...

And yes I have both, and use both a Blackberry (BOLD 9700) and an iPhone (3GS 32GB)...
    12-28-09 11:30 AM
    So funny, the OP sounds like every other iphone hater out there. I used to smack talk the first iphone for all the things that it could do, but now I dare and berry user to find one thing their berry really does better that really matters. I mean yeah they have better battery life but are nearly as powerful overall as the iphone so is that really even a fair comparison. As another poster put this was a pointless thread not what the OP thought all the iphone lovers were going to say.
    12-28-09 12:39 PM
    I have both the 9000 and the iphone 3gs. I was switching back and forth between phones for different purposes but i just slowly started to lose interest in my 9000. The iphone basically does whatever the 9000 does but with quicker response and the iphone just has more capabilities then the 9000. Of course the blackberry has some stuff the iphone doesn't but they aren't really important things.

I love the app space of the iphone compared to the 128mb for the 9000.
    12-29-09 05:58 PM
    I have both the 9000 and the iphone 3gs. I was switching back and forth between phones for different purposes but i just slowly started to lose interest in my 9000. The iphone basically does whatever the 9000 does but with quicker response and the iphone just has more capabilities then the 9000. Of course the blackberry has some stuff the iphone doesn't but they aren't really important things.
    Same exact thing here. As a matter of fact just today I decided to sell my
    Bold and already switched to the proper iPhone data plan.
    12-29-09 06:08 PM
    Priorities. That's what phone selection is about. The OP has a strong bias towards the bold from what I read on the first post. As an iPhone user, I have to admit that a stock iPhone is close to useless for me. If I had to deal with a stock iPhone, I would smash it against a brick wall. The capabilities of this phone for me at least far surpass the capabilities of any blackberry when jailbroken.

The only valid argument that blackberry users actually have against the iPhone is the non-user replacable battery. The capabilities of the iPhone far surpass that of the blackberry for me atleast.
    12-29-09 07:50 PM
    Right now I'm at a point where I'm bored with my 3GS and feel like it would be nice to have a BlackBerry to switch with..
    12-29-09 08:12 PM
    so for all you iPhone users who are uppin the 3GS with a jailbreak... care to shed some light and tell me how... cause from as far as I read there is no Un-Tethered jailbreak available for my iPhone and without the capability of it being jailbroke your points stand low...
    12-29-09 08:50 PM
    Just try running blackra1n. I managed to get a pair of 44th production iPhones jailbroken.
    12-29-09 10:06 PM
    I responded to this yesterday. But, it appears my post was deleted...

Anyway, I was merely commenting to say, am on the verge of doing the same thing with my BOLD 9700...

Same exact thing here. As a matter of fact just today I decided to sell my
    Bold and already switched to the proper iPhone data plan.
    12-30-09 06:29 AM
    so for all you iPhone users who are uppin the 3GS with a jailbreak... care to shed some light and tell me how... cause from as far as I read there is no Un-Tethered jailbreak available for my iPhone and without the capability of it being jailbroke your points stand low...
    The tethered jailbreak only affects the newer iphones so depending on when you bought it, you can get a full jail break or a tethered one. I think if your phone came with the newest OS 3.1.2, you can only tether jailbreak.
    12-31-09 01:46 AM
    I responded to this yesterday. But, it appears my post was deleted...

Anyway, I was merely commenting to say, am on the verge of doing the same thing with my BOLD 9700...
    Navi, I think you Might have forum confusion. You posted this in the TiPB forums.
    12-31-09 05:56 AM
    Unless you don't have easy access to a PC, MAC or laptop, why does it matter whether your jailbreak is tethered or not?
    12-31-09 05:59 AM
    Navi, I think you Might have forum confusion. You posted this in the TiPB forums.
    Lmaooooooooooooooo
    12-31-09 10:06 AM
    What were you hearing about it that was super that isn't?
    12-31-09 10:07 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD