Apple iPhone Will Fail in a Late, Defensive Move: Matthew Lynn - Bloomberg

I thought this article was worth a re-read. Pretty funny, looking back on it.

My favorite quote...

"There are three reasons that Apple is unlikely to make much of an impact on this market -- and why it is too early to start dumping your Nokia shares."
    04-18-12 06:43 AM
    Mods, please move this to the Apple section, completely wrong spot..My mistake
    04-18-12 06:44 AM
    Funny how much the experts don't know or understand.
    madman0141 likes this.
    04-18-12 06:56 AM
    I liked the whole article but the end is perfect lol

(Matthew Lynn is a Bloomberg News columnist. The opinions expressed are his own.) Doh!
    04-18-12 07:24 AM
    Old news not fit to print OP. May I suggest you update the OS on your Commodore 64, or Apple IIc?
    madman0141 likes this.
    04-18-12 07:30 AM
    Old news not fit to print OP. May I suggest you update the OS on your Commodore 64, or Apple IIc?
    Just showing what the marketplace was like back then. RIM wasn't the only one who underestimated the potential of Apple.
    04-18-12 07:34 AM
    Just showing what the marketplace was like back then. RIM wasn't the only one who underestimated the potential of Apple.
    Agreed; imagine my surprise when Jobs came back to Apple, and my shares started going Mach 10 vertically.
    04-18-12 07:39 AM
    I remember initially the sales of iPhones were a bit underwhelming and one of the two former RIM co-CEO's said something dumb along the lines of "Apple just doesn't understand the mobile phone market".

Its funny how Basille and Lazardis are now the ones that appear to have not understood the market and Apple if anything revolutionized what we use our mobile phones for while RIM sat on their hands...
    04-18-12 03:57 PM
    Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it......
    04-18-12 05:18 PM
    That was pretty comical reading that article.

I must say, although being a big apple fan, owning various Macs over the years etc, I thought the release of the first iPhone back then was pretty lacklustre. I just wasn't as blown away by it. It was actually around that time when I bought my first blackberry, a curve 8310 and loved it.

A couple more blackberrys later; then Apple unleashed the iPhone 4 in 2010. It was then when I finally woke up and realised what I had been missing out on and got myself one, since then I haven't looked back.
    04-18-12 06:02 PM
    I updated my Commodore 64....I hooked it up to my Commodore to a 14" Magnavox color TV. Runs real good now.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-18-12 06:07 PM
    The experts can say what they want it is all in the marketing of products. If You make marketing show that a person needs it they will buy it. Apple is very good at this.
    04-18-12 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD