Ok, I just downloaded blackra1n to jailbreak my iPhone 3g and when I plugged it into my pc and clicked on make it rain it 1st said entering recovery mode and than a few seconds after that it said running and it stayed like that for over a minute, thought the whole process was supposed to take about 30 seconds. The thing is that I'm not to sure if I am doing something wrong is because through this process is that on the iPhone screen it should a picture that it is conected to iTunes and never should the picture of the guy with iPhones flying in front of him. Am I doing something wrong? Also, it never did jailbreak it when I did this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 09:59 PM
    my adivce will be that keep on trying it until you get it right....it took me about 8 or 9 tries to get it jailbreak...one thing you should do is close itunes

another thing is that if you see a pop up that says the phone should be restore don't do it just ignore it....

that was my expierence with it but totally worth it.....
    10-26-09 10:51 PM
    I did close iTunes before I started but still didn't work. The phone never did get to the point where it is supposed to reboot. I guess I am just nervous about trying it over and over again till it does work because it's not like I can afford to go and pay full price for another iPhone if I mess this one up.

10-26-09 11:32 PM
    I did close iTunes before I started but still didn't work. The phone never did get to the point where it is supposed to reboot. I guess I am just nervous about trying it over and over again till it does work because it's not like I can afford to go and pay full price for another iPhone if I mess this one up.

well, the only bad thing *i think* could happen it's just to have to do a restore....keep on trying it....

which version of blackra1n did you downdoal?
    10-27-09 12:20 AM
    a few things to try, first if you are using a front usb slot try using one on the back of your pc, second try waiting two or three mins after it says putting in recovery mode. it took a little longer on my pc to send the command. if that doesn't work then after it says putting in recovery and you are sure it isn't moving close blackra1n reopen it and click make it ra1n again. again don't do the last one unless you wait two or more mins and confirm it is not moving. also, did you get the rc2 that geohot released?
    10-27-09 05:50 AM
    Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by rc2. I downloaded it a coupleof weeks ago when the other thread came up on here for the link to blackra1n. Then I went to blackra1n.com and then I clicked on the little logo on the home screen with the guy with the iPhones flying on front of him and downloaded that. Is this what I was supposed to download?

10-27-09 07:31 AM
    Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by rc2. I downloaded it a coupleof weeks ago when the other thread came up on here for the link to blackra1n. Then I went to blackra1n.com and then I clicked on the little logo on the home screen with the guy with the iPhones flying on front of him and downloaded that. Is this what I was supposed to download?

go back to blackra1n and download it again. geo released an update two days ago that may fix your problem
    10-27-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD