So I'm thinkin about changing to the iphone from the storm but I need a lil more convincing...like any better features and how much d pay a months ....u kno..thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 09:39 PM
    take a look at the thread i created called strongly considering 3gs.

it highlights some of the differences between iphone and bb. on top of that there are a ton of threads from people who write about their experience when changing from bb to iphone.
    10-10-09 10:22 PM
    So I'm thinkin about changing to the iphone from the storm but I need a lil more convincing...like any better features and how much d pay a months ....u kno..thanks in advance

I just did it and am really happy. I felt like a **** about it at first because I've been a really loyal bb boy, bt wow. The touch typing bugs at first, but now I'm faster than I was on my storm. And from a software standpoint there's no comparison. It's extremely fast and fluid. And now there is gsync and exchange support so I am getting push email and wireless syncing for my calendar and contacts. Patiently waiting for current jailbreak software so I can multi task, then this thing will be perfect! Good luck to you.

10-12-09 02:17 AM
    I just did it and am really happy. I felt like a **** about it at first because I've been a really loyal bb boy, bt wow. The touch typing bugs at first, but now I'm faster than I was on my storm. And from a software standpoint there's no comparison. It's extremely fast and fluid. And now there is gsync and exchange support so I am getting push email and wireless syncing for my calendar and contacts. Patiently waiting for current jailbreak software so I can multi task, then this thing will be perfect! Good luck to you.

Jailbreak is out called blackra1n and ps mutlitasking is still not like the BB.
    10-12-09 07:26 AM
    I just made this post in another forum, but as someone who has just gone from a Storm to the Iphone 3GS, I thought it appropriate here too, so I'll copy paste below:

So I purchased a new home in Kings Park, NY last month, and one of the first things I noticed as I moved into the neighborhood was the fact that I had NO signal in my area (about a 3 block radius). Thinking my phone was just being fickle, I checked my wife's she had nothing either. About a day later, we had a new stove being delivered and installed and the installer needed to call Electrolux about something, and whammo he had no signal. It then clicked that anyone with a verizon phone has no service inside, or outside (or around the block) of my home.

So I went onto the verizon webiste and discovered that I live smack right in the center of the smallest "dead zone" you've ever seen! Long story short, Verizon let my wife and I out of our contracts, and after some searching, we discovered that AT&T had a good signal in our area. Verizon was good enough to waive the Early Termination Fees (after asking if we'd like a mini cell tower installed on our home, which would be an additional monthly fee.. ROFL).

Since AT&T Didn't have the Storm, or the upcoming Storm 2, I went with the Iphone 3GS. I have to say if there was a way to meld both phones together, it would be a killer phone.

What I liked about the Storm:

1. Clickable Screen (Some love it - Some hate it). Personally, I love the fact that I'm not confirming a selection simply by touching the screen. Also, it made typing on the storm, much easier IMHO.

2. Camera Flash - Not present on Iphone 3GS

3. Removable Memory and Battery - Nuff said. Not present on Iphone

4. Speakerphone - The Storm's speaker seems much louder to me.

5. The Push email - Again, Nuff said. (Iphone has it, but nowhere near as good as Blackberry)

6. Viigo - Just an app that I've come to miss very much after not having it.

What I liked about the Iphone 3GS:

1. The Iphone 3GS is FAST. It's defintiely faster than the Storm IMHO. I've yet to see the phone lag, but it's still very new to me. I can fly in and out of Apps without the phone slowing at all.

2. The OS. It just seems more fluid and streamlined to me. Even things like exiting programs is easier. Just press one button and you're out.

3. The Web Browser - Much better than the Storm's pre-installed browser.

4. The Camera - Takes a photo much quicker, and being able to take video and then edit is is great.

5. Iphone App Store - Much better than App World - And this should be a given since Apple's App store has been around for much much longer.

Would I have switched if I had no choice? Probably not. I was happy with my Storm (even though I had to send it back for a new one three times), and was interested in getting my hands on the Storm 2 when it was released. But with the phone being exclusive to Verizon for the foreseeable future, that likely will not happen.

That said, I am very happy with my Iphone. If anyone can pull a Dr. Frankenstein and make hybrid phone (Istorm or Storm 3GS, LOL) wow, what a phone that would be!

Anyways, just thought I'd put up a post.
    10-12-09 11:49 AM
    i jus made the switch recently for the same exact reasons you did under the same circumstances. its hilarious how they always ask if you wanna pay for a network extender at your cost...lol

my experiences with the storm to iphone are just as you noted them. furthermore i jus jailbroke my iphone and customized it and i am so much happier. the only thing i didnt like is the fact that you cant multitask. backgrounder is weak. i think if the iphone had a menu button multitasking would be so much better than the attempt the app developers did with the backgrounder app...

overall im happy with the iphone. the only thing that buggs me is the battery life, which isnt that much worse than the storms when you think about it. i remember withthe stor if i used the media at all it would drain the battery something terrible.i just hve to make sure i keep a charger with me at work and in the car.
    10-12-09 05:52 PM
    Yup! Of course I want to pay for for a network extender so I can get the same service everyone else is paying much less for

I haven't yet thought about jailbreaking my iphone. Right now I'm just having a lot of fun with it downloading apps and such, but eventually might move toward that.

As far as the battery goes, yes, the phone drains the battery pretty quickly, but I just keep a charger at work and at home, and I've yet to run it down completely.

i jus made the switch recently for the same exact reasons you did under the same circumstances. its hilarious how they always ask if you wanna pay for a network extender at your cost...lol

my experiences with the storm to iphone are just as you noted them. furthermore i jus jailbroke my iphone and customized it and i am so much happier. the only thing i didnt like is the fact that you cant multitask. backgrounder is weak. i think if the iphone had a menu button multitasking would be so much better than the attempt the app developers did with the backgrounder app...

overall im happy with the iphone. the only thing that buggs me is the battery life, which isnt that much worse than the storms when you think about it. i remember withthe stor if i used the media at all it would drain the battery something terrible.i just hve to make sure i keep a charger with me at work and in the car.
    10-13-09 10:27 AM
    you could of unlocked your storm and brought it over to AT&T, and you still can.. I know you will get GPRS/EDGE service, dont know if the 3G will work, but its worth a try.
    10-15-09 09:41 AM
    Make sure you get the 3GS as opposed to just the 3g. The 3G has a slower processor, lacks video recording and has a lower MP camera than the storm.

10-15-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD