BB fan boy since 2007 8800,9000,9700,9800 and Now 9900 I have been standing up for BB and taking a lot of crap from the Iphone Trolls here in Greece

In overall the Phone is ok a bit choppy at times but that is not what is bothering me

What is bothering me is that application programmers are making apps for Iphone and Android and the BB market is left out in the Cold.

What I mean is that i am living in Greece all people are mainly Iphone Users all bank applications support Iphone or older blackberry models my offices CCTV app can only support Iphone.

It gets annoying that Iphones get to have their apps and be able to do all those things.

And Even if BB brings out the QNX phone it will be a new platform what does that mean even less Applications!

2011 and the 5MP camera on the 9900 sucks My Nokia N95 from 2005 took better pictures! and the Video Stabilizer does not do its work 100%

The only thing that is keeping me on the boat is the Keyboard and email because my business is dependent on emails.
    10-17-11 01:51 PM
    What is bothering me is that application programmers are making apps for Iphone and Android and the BB market is left out in the Cold.
    In my opinion, this is THE reason to get the iPhone. The app support is incredible and there are a tons to choose from. It's funny that even those hardcore business apps are often released first on iOS with BB being an afterthought or not at all. This was a big sore spot when I was on a BB. With iOS, you never have to worry if an app will come out, only when.

I do hope that RIM makes QNX easier to work with. From what I've been told, developing apps for the BB is very difficult because you need separate builds for each device? I am hoping that isn't true, but if it is the case, then I get why there aren't more apps.
    10-17-11 02:00 PM
    ^^^^^ I thought after owning my iPad for so many months I would buy into the app thing. However I have become nervous about installing apps because there is no way to limit how it uses the software and or hardware.

As a result I have only a few well known apps installed. While there are literally over 100,000 apps I found 15 or so useful ones. Including Netflix, siriusxm.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-17-11 02:14 PM
    I had the Ipad and have the Playbook now although the PB is an awsome device the Ipad works smoother in IMO

the playbook is great for business but when letting kids play with it its not that fun the touch screen is no were close to Ipad but for me as a business tool its great because of the Flash content and the Bridge
    10-17-11 02:26 PM
    I don't like active sync therefore I don't use it on the iPad. I don't use the native email client. I use the bb for pim data, on bes it's awesome. IMessage is disabled on ipad and doesn't help with my bb friends. I don't know what geo fenced reminders are, but it doesn't sound like it would be relevant to me. Fast web browser, yes I can agree on that, but that is why I have the iPad 2.

The camera is better on the iPhone and 4s with regards to my storm.
    What do you not like about ActiveSync? It works fine for most people and has the advantage of being free. iCloud shares that advantage. BES is great but far too expensive for a personal use smartphone. Reminders on iOS5 remind you to do something when you leave or arrive at a location.
    10-17-11 04:14 PM
    The only thing about the iphone 4s that I've read that I really don't like is that it only lets you record video (and upload) in 1080p. I haven't verified that yet. But it would be nice to have a couple different options depending on the situation to reduce upload time.

That's not a deal breaker though.
    10-18-11 03:06 AM
    What do you not like about ActiveSync? It works fine for most people and has the advantage of being free. iCloud shares that advantage. BES is great but far too expensive for a personal use smartphone. Reminders on iOS5 remind you to do something when you leave or arrive at a location.
    It's not free if you have your own hosted email, you need to pay extra for exchange, I've explained this to you before. It costs more to get exchange then what buying the domain & email hosting costs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 04:01 AM
    Still getting used to this. The email app has more versatility out of the box than AOSP email for Android. I'm not liking how 7digital doesn't have a place in the app store since safari can't download my archived mp3s directly. I understand the want to steer from competition , but come on. Also no google voice might be a real deal breaker, as I receive texts through it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 04:03 AM
    Still getting used to this. The email app has more versatility out of the box than AOSP email for Android. I'm not liking how 7digital doesn't have a place in the app store since safari can't download my archived mp3s directly. I understand the want to steer from competition , but come on. Also no google voice might be a real deal breaker, as I receive texts through it regularly.

Google voice is coming back. They had a comparability issue with ios5 so they removed it from the app store to fix the problem.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-18-11 08:03 AM
    Google voice is coming back. They had a comparability issue with ios5 so they removed it from the app store to fix the problem.
    Sounds good. Right now, I'm surviving via a paid app. Google Talk - or a native app's absence isn't a deal breaker thanks to google +

10-18-11 09:32 AM
    I also just made the leap from a Storm 2 to the iPhone 4s.

Regarding removing duplicate addresses, there are a number of apps available. I purchased one fittingly named "Dup Remover" which works only on contacts. In retrospect, I'd look for one that deals with the calendar too.

I miss the ability to quickly change ring profiles. I'd like to quickly set the iPhone to ring only for telephone calls during the evening hours (which presumably would be important if received late in the evening) and silent for everything else. I'd then like to switch to audible notifications during the day, and vibrate-only for business meetings. With the toggle switch on the side of the iPhone, I can only switch from all vibrating, to all audible alerts. There appears to be software available of "jailbroken" iPhones called MyProfile which allows sound profiles to be swapped, but I'm not yet clear on whether it works on the 4s, or how to jailbreak the 4s.

One other shortcoming is the inability to sync out of the box with Outlook Tasks and Memos. I'm demoing Deja Office and Companion link to provide this functionality. I've deactived the syncing of contacts and calendar through iTunes to avoid creating duplicates in my addressbook. I still use iTunes to sync media, photos and music.

Another shortcoming is the lack of a week-view in the native calendar, Again, there are loads of apps to provide this functionality, including Deja Office, but it would be nice if the iPhone calndar were more robust.

As to the iPhone itself, it is much faster than the BB at everything. The Safari Browser is worlds better and faster than the native BB Browser. The camera and multimedia abilities also are far better on the iPhone, and everything just works without the need to constantly do battery pulls. I've used SiriusXM on both, and it works much better, without drops, on the iPhone.

The iPhone seems have a more sensitive wifi receiver -- my iPhone detect wireless netorks that my BB would not.

I don't miss Suretype (the clicking annoyed my wife at night). I do miss some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as the press-and-hold capitalization, and the use of the space sign for periods and "at" signs in e-mail. I have to sit down and see what BB shorcuts I can emulate on the iPhone.

I don't miss the BB messenger. While it worked, the iPhone messaging tools and facetime ( video conferencing) ability seem workable, and actually are pretty slick.

The iPhone is much better at multitasking, and does not freeze up or hang.

The abundance of apps available for the iPhone is what made me jump. My sense is that RIM is going the way of Palm devices, and soon will be gone, replaced by Android and iPhone.
    Last edited by djg21; 10-18-11 at 02:06 PM.
    10-18-11 10:11 AM
    As amazing the transition is from a Storm 2 is for some people, we have to keep in mind it was euthanized by RIM/VZW - maybe not instantly, but the writing was on the wall. And, if I offend anyone by using that verb, it wasn't, nor is, my intent.
    10-18-11 10:43 AM
    It's not free if you have your own hosted email, you need to pay extra for exchange, I've explained this to you before. It costs more to get exchange then what buying the domain & email hosting costs.

I have my own hosted email through Google Apps. It costs me nothing and comes with Exchange Active sync, also free. All the commercial alternatives I have seen charge more for BES than EAS and the carrier also charges another $10-$15 a month for a BES enabled data plan. Not worth the cost IMHO.
    10-18-11 10:54 AM
    I love this phone. Everything is easier, I don't think a blackberry person would go back to blackberry after using the iPhone. And my girl Siri is soooooo sweet!
    10-18-11 12:46 PM
    I love this phone. Everything is easier, I don't think a blackberry person would go back to blackberry after using the iPhone. And my girl Siri is soooooo sweet!
    Not true. I have the ipad and like it for what it is. But i'm not interested in the iphone, as I said have 3 viphones in the family. Waiting for the next gen BB with lte.
    10-18-11 01:03 PM
    Not true. I have the ipad and like it for what it is. But i'm not interested in the iphone, as I said have 3 viphones in the family. Waiting for the next gen BB with lte.
    I'll lay out my likes, and dislikes later. But so far, I've adjusted for the most part. LTE shouldn't be the only prerequisite, but a much better user experience via QNX. The fact Google map moves snail like on a 9930 is unacceptable

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 01:08 PM
    Just made the jump on sunday. only issue i have is getting my photos from my media card to my iphone.. not a big deal
    10-18-11 01:29 PM
    I'll lay out my likes, and dislikes later. But so far, I've adjusted for the most part. LTE shouldn't be the only prerequisite, but a much better user experience via QNX. The fact Google map moves snail like on a 9930 is unacceptable

Even on my S2 google maps runs acceptably.
    10-18-11 02:40 PM

It is a bit slow to start for some reason but it's fast after that. Blackberry Maps is much better now.

10-18-11 03:05 PM
    Even on my S2 google maps runs acceptably.
    I remember that, when I had it

10-18-11 03:12 PM
    It is a bit slow to start for some reason but it's fast after that. Blackberry Maps is much better now.

I'll consider that when I mess with it, next time

10-18-11 03:14 PM
    I'll consider that when I mess with it, next time

I believe on Android google maps never closes, I'm not sure what's it like on iphone, but on blackberry when you exit it it's completely closed.

I stopped using it, just use BB Maps now.

10-18-11 03:19 PM
    I believe on Android google maps never closes, I'm not sure what's it like on iphone, but on blackberry when you exit it it's completely closed.

I stopped using it, just use BB Maps now.

Only way on Android is to Force Close

10-18-11 07:50 PM
    I also just made the leap from a Storm 2 to the iPhone 4s.

...snip...
    The iPhone is much better at multitasking, and does not freeze up or hang.

The abundance of apps available for the iPhone is what made me jump. My sense is that RIM is going the way of Palm devices, and soon will be gone, replaced by Android and iPhone.
    With IOS 4 I had to reset my ipad with some regularity because the wifi stopped working, I'll see how IOS 5 is.

To be fair I do have to do a battery pull on my S2 every few weeks.
    10-18-11 09:10 PM
    Alright I found one weak spot, big for me since I take the subway. Apparently on the iPhone there isn't an RSS app that updates on a schedule. All the iPhone ones update when you open it but apparently there isn't a single one that will sync on schedule. BB had this for years. I read that this is a decision by Apple. Strange...

I did find a week view for the calendar, just turn it sideways. So that helps a bit. Overall I can't see myself going back until BBX is out and the devices live up to the OS. But it might be nice to come home at some point
    10-18-11 11:53 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD