Hello all,

Hope you are all safe and doing good. I just want to understand from the members who used both blackberry and iPhone and if there is a way to get blackberry experience on iPhone.

Which blackberry apps are supported for iPhone and how can I install them

Thanks,
    09-18-20 04:39 PM
    Hello all,

Hope you are all safe and doing good. I just want to understand from the members who used both blackberry and iPhone and if there is a way to get blackberry experience on iPhone.

Thanks,
    None of the BB apps are available except for BBM enterprise.
    bakron1 and Tsepz_GP like this.
    09-18-20 05:47 PM
    Hello all,

Thanks,
    What BlackBerry apps are you using? Because you will need to use the iPhone counterparts of those, TBH.
    09-27-20 04:59 AM
    Hello all,

Thanks,
    There are zero BlackBerry apps for iOS that I've ever found. The BBApp Suite was just part of the BBAndroid development for regular Android hardware from different OEMs to make some extra revenue.
    09-27-20 09:58 AM
    I use an iPhone and BB10 phones and find that using Microsoft Exchange Online with my own domains for email together with Microsoft apps like To Do is the closest I can come on iOS to a BlackBerry like experience.

Basically, I take an Enterprise approach to configuring iOS using Microsoft cloud services (which costs some money and requires administration effort) rather than a consumer approach using Apple's consumer apps.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    10-25-20 11:43 AM
    There are zero BlackBerry apps for iOS that I've ever found. The BBApp Suite was just part of the BBAndroid development for regular Android hardware from different OEMs to make some extra revenue.
    The original plan for the three distinct suites of apps, did include offering them to iOS users (and even Windows to some degree).

But those plans changed (why announce something you aren't even close to having done) and ending up supporting their move to Android with devices. All the while having to cut spending and development and the company shrank.

I really don't know - but wouldn't be surprised if the Android Apps are pretty much EOL now. I can see Onward releasing a phone without the consumer apps.

There are a number BlackBerry Enterprise App in the Apple App Store.... You'll need a BlackBerry UEM account and then to subscribe to each of them.
    10-26-20 08:28 AM
    Enterprise works fine on the I phone
    09-12-22 06:29 PM
    The original plan for the three distinct suites of apps, did include offering them to iOS users (and even Windows to some degree).

But those plans changed (why announce something you aren't even close to having done) and ending up supporting their move to Android with devices. All the while having to cut spending and development and the company shrank.

I really don't know - but wouldn't be surprised if the Android Apps are pretty much EOL now. I can see Onward releasing a phone without the consumer apps.

There are a number BlackBerry Enterprise App in the Apple App Store.... You'll need a BlackBerry UEM account and then to subscribe to each of them.
    No they have a stand alone enterprise with no UEM account needed. It works fine and cost about 99cents per month. Gives good cross platform video. It is much clearer than face time. My two cents. On Android the pay version of HUB gets an update once in a while and works well .
    09-12-22 06:32 PM
    No they have a stand alone enterprise with no UEM account needed. It works fine and cost about 99cents per month. Gives good cross platform video. It is much clearer than face time. My two cents. On Android the pay version of HUB gets an update once in a while and works well .
    No what? You jumped into a conversation from two years ago. I was talking about BlackBerry's original plans for suites of apps that would be cross platform. And if Onward Mobility would be using them on their new phone.... we will never know now.

As for the Suite of Apps... it's mostly EOL now. HUB+ is still an option and they do a few minor updates to keep it current with GPS requirements. But it has fallen way behind in terms of security.
    09-14-22 07:26 AM
    No what? You jumped into a conversation from two years ago. I was talking about BlackBerry's original plans for suites of apps that would be cross platform. And if Onward Mobility would be using them on their new phone.... we will never know now.

As for the Suite of Apps... it's mostly EOL now. HUB+ is still an option and they do a few minor updates to keep it current with GPS requirements. But it has fallen way behind in terms of security.
    I dd not see that it was two years ago…………….sorry honey I did not mean to get you upset
    Gene Fells and to boldly go like this.
    09-14-22 09:54 AM