Well, I have had a Curve 8310 for about 2 years now, and overall, I have been pretty happy with it. I want to move up to a 3G device, though. I stopped by the local Apple Store today to check out the iPhone 3GS. I had looked at the Bold 9700, and it's pretty slick, but after playing with the 3GS for a while, I was hooked. The iPhone is a truly awesome device!

My wife and I have been with AT&T for over 10 years now, and our current contract ends in May. Should we wait until we are out of contract, or can we work a deal on a 3GS now by renewing for 2 more years? Two years ago, we were out of contract, and AT&T gave us each a free Curve 8310 for renewing for 2 years. I don't know if they will offer anything like that on the iPhone or not. Has anyone had any experience with AT&T regarding this?

About the only thing I might miss is the BBM, because my wife and I use it all the time. Is there a good iPhone app for messaging that works like BBM and doesn't use SMS?
    02-15-10 07:58 PM
    I would wait until your May upgrade comes up and buy the next iPhone when it is releases. Most likely a July release, so you can deal with the Curve for a few extra months.

It was great getting a 32gb 3GS for $299 when it was released. Was well worth the money.
    02-15-10 08:03 PM
    Well, I have had a Curve 8310 for about 2 years now, and overall, I have been pretty happy with it. I want to move up to a 3G device, though. I stopped by the local Apple Store today to check out the iPhone 3GS. I had looked at the Bold 9700, and it's pretty slick, but after playing with the 3GS for a while, I was hooked. The iPhone is a truly awesome device!

My wife and I have been with AT&T for over 10 years now, and our current contract ends in May. Should we wait until we are out of contract, or can we work a deal on a 3GS now by renewing for 2 more years? Two years ago, we were out of contract, and AT&T gave us each a free Curve 8310 for renewing for 2 years. I don't know if they will offer anything like that on the iPhone or not. Has anyone had any experience with AT&T regarding this?

About the only thing I might miss is the BBM, because my wife and I use it all the time. Is there a good iPhone app for messaging that works like BBM and doesn't use SMS?
    The app "WhatsApp" from the app store is only 99 cent and it's like bbm...
    02-15-10 10:15 PM
    The app "WhatsApp" from the app store is only 99 cent and it's like bbm...
    Whatsapp is an ok app compared to bbm. It takes a while to load and for the new conversations to show up. Blackberrys and iphones can communicate using this app.
    02-16-10 09:35 AM
    My .002 wait until the 4G iPhone hits and see if it is worth the extra coin. As far as IM apps go, my GF and I use Yahoo IM and it works better then then bbm on our old curves.
    02-16-10 11:20 AM
    ^^^I agree. You should use your upgrade for the 4gen iphone.
    02-16-10 01:37 PM
    awesome indeed, and welcome to the darkside.
    02-16-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD