Was wondering if I can take the sim out of my sons bold 9000 and put it in my old 3G? Keep in mind he only has talk and text, no data. So that's what I want to keep on the 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 11:41 PM
    As soon as you put the sim in the iPhone ATT will add a data plan to your account. You can NOT use the iPhone or any smartphone on ATT without a data plan now.
    10-17-10 11:43 PM
    Sure can.
    Keep in mind though AT&T's "You have a smartphone? Here, let's toss a data plan on for you" policy. So, if they notice while they're doing a sweep, you may find a data plan added to his account.

10-17-10 11:46 PM
    Sure can.
    Keep in mind though AT&T's "You have a smartphone? Here, let's toss a data plan on for you" policy. So, if they notice while they're doing a sweep, you may find a data plan added to his account.

ATT does not sweep for smartphones. The phone sends it's IMEI information to ATT when it is active with an ATT sim. That is how they know what phone you are on and add a Data plan.
    10-17-10 11:49 PM
    ATT does not sweep for smartphones. The phone sends it's IMEI information to ATT when it is active with an ATT sim. That is how they know what phone you are on and add a Data plan.
    Thanks for the clarification. I knew that the system knew immediately when a SIM card was in a different device, but I didn't know that AT&T had automated the data plan addition. Now I know. And knowledge is power! *sings* Geeeye-Joooo

10-17-10 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD