Long story short....Blackberry Torch to a swim in Jacuzzi and is now D-E-A-D. Friend gave me an iphone 4 so i transferred my sim card (AT&T) and am now using iphone.

I backed up my BB so I have a back up file, but now I need to access that file and download my contacts and calendar to my iphone4. I did not sync my back up with outlook

Any help? Thanks in advance.
    03-25-12 09:25 PM
    I don't think you can restore a blackberry backup to an iphone but if you Google for an ipd reader, something like magicberry, you can at leat get all the numbers and manually add them to your iphone.
    cdnpuck likes this.
    03-25-12 11:50 PM
    I don't think you can restore a blackberry backup to an iphone but if you Google for an ipd reader, something like magicberry, you can at leat get all the numbers and manually add them to your iphone.
    You might also try taking both phones to AT&T. They might have a way to transfer contacts from a drowned phone to your new iPhone.
    03-26-12 08:28 AM
    To answer the last post, I did take it to the AT&T store and they could get anything of the drowned phone.

Anyway, I got that magicberry reader and was able to view my last backup. I thought there has to be a way to get my contacts imported without MANUALLY doing like 400 contacts. SO, from the magicberry, you can export the contacts to a "CSV form" excel spreadsheet. From Outlook you can import contacts from a "CSV form" excel document and with a little manipulation you can get it to populate everything from work numbers, home numbers different emails, etc.... Once you import that to your outlook, I could plug my iphone into itunes and sync all contacts in my outlook to my phone.....VOILA!!!!

Thanks to all for leading me in the right direction.
    03-27-12 02:19 PM
    cdnpuck, going forward, I'd suggest probably using a Google Apps\Gmail account. Hence you can sync your Calendar, Contacts and email seamlessly to any device
    03-27-12 03:11 PM
    To answer the last post, I did take it to the AT&T store and they could get anything of the drowned phone.

Anyway, I got that magicberry reader and was able to view my last backup. I thought there has to be a way to get my contacts imported without MANUALLY doing like 400 contacts. SO, from the magicberry, you can export the contacts to a "CSV form" excel spreadsheet. From Outlook you can import contacts from a "CSV form" excel document and with a little manipulation you can get it to populate everything from work numbers, home numbers different emails, etc.... Once you import that to your outlook, I could plug my iphone into itunes and sync all contacts in my outlook to my phone.....VOILA!!!!

Thanks to all for leading me in the right direction.
    Is sounds so similar to me your case, I would have recommended to use BlackBerry Backup Extractor and then easily import your data to your iPhone, but next time try it. Glad that it all worked for you and Good thing you keep a backup of your device!
    03-28-12 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD