Hey does anyone else have an issue with the black iphone over heating? also does anyone with a black one notice that their phone looks kinda blueish or purpleish? or could this have been cause i had an invisible shield on it and just took it off?
    07-21-09 06:58 PM
    No. I haven't had my black 3GS overheat yet. It does get warm though. And yes. Definately has a dark blue hue to it. Especially when outside in the sunlight.
    07-21-09 07:13 PM
    Didn't notice the heating, but when viewed at an angle the screen appeared sort of bluish...
    07-21-09 07:17 PM
    Invisible Shields will turn brown/purplish color on iPhone due to the heat. This was a issue with the 3G and 3Gs so its nothing different and a Invisible shield kiosk admitted their product will turn colors on the iphone and they say thats why they warranty it. But how many times do you keep wanting to warranty it?

IS to me is a no go on iPhones!!
    07-21-09 07:21 PM
    No. I haven't had my black 3GS overheat yet. It does get warm though. And yes. Definately has a dark blue hue to it. Especially when outside in the sunlight.
    Ok cause i thought there might be something wrong with mine. But mine does over heat. It makes it unbeareable to hold when on the phone for a while and by while i mean 20-30 mins. Ill keep testing it if it keeps doing it ill take it in and have it replaced.
    07-21-09 07:23 PM
    Ok cause i thought there might be something wrong with mine. But mine does over heat. It makes it unbeareable to hold when on the phone for a while and by while i mean 20-30 mins. Ill keep testing it if it keeps doing it ill take it in and have it replaced.
    You can take it to the genius bar at Apple(by appt only) and they can run a diagnostic on it and it will say if it ever ran too hot.
    07-21-09 07:25 PM
    If it's overheating, take it back and exchange it.

Apple has great customer service and it shouldn't be a problem as it's under warranty.
    07-21-09 07:31 PM
    If it's overheating, take it back and exchange it.

Apple has great customer service and it shouldn't be a problem as it's under warranty.
    Yes they do. I had a clicking sound in the headset speaker and I wiped the device and restored as new device as they would recommend and it still did it. Got a new SIM card and still did it. Took it to Apple last night and they exchanged it for a new one and works perfect. They gave me no hassles especially since I took the steps to try and eliminate the problem myself. The guy at the Genius bar even gave me a new screen protector for free since he felt bad that my iphone had to be exchanged. Apple has some of the best customer service out there!
    07-21-09 07:47 PM
    Well Im still under the 30 days so I should get a brand new one at best buy
    07-21-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD