Im curious - Is Jailbreaking an Iphone worth it?

I read about all these Droids Rooting themselves, and people jail breaking their Iphone's. Is it worth it? Pros cons to it? Obviously Big Con is if it breaks during the process but Ive heard the Iphone is so much more configurable if its Jail Broke.
    11-08-10 12:20 PM
    Honestly, you'll only be able to answer that question yourself if you jailbreak. If you
    end up thinking it's not worth it, then just restore back to stock.
    11-08-10 01:03 PM
    It takes like 5 minutes to jailbreak your phone. I've never heard of people bricking their phone with recent jailbreaks. At worst, it goes into restore or DFU mode which is easily fixed by holding both the sleep and home button down together for 10 seconds.
    11-08-10 01:34 PM
    What are the bells and whistles though as far as the fun things? Im like a guy going into a car dealership lot. Does it have a sunroof and seat warmers? Yes - SOLD!!!
    11-08-10 01:37 PM
    If you're a customization kind of person, then you're definitely going to like the JB.
    Themes is one thing. Other things are widgets, shortcuts and things of that nature.
    Or, things like having sound profiles and being able to customize your SMS/Email
    tones too.

Once you're jailbroken, take a look at the categories in Cydia. When you look through
    different types of apps by category you'll get a good understanding of the types of
    things a jailbreak can do for you.
    11-08-10 01:41 PM
    If you're a customization kind of person, then you're definitely going to like the JB.
    Themes is one thing. Other things are widgets, shortcuts and things of that nature.
    Or, things like having sound profiles and being able to customize your SMS/Email
    tones too.

Once you're jailbroken, take a look at the categories in Cydia. When you look through
    different types of apps by category you'll get a good understanding of the types of
    things a jailbreak can do for you.
    What about Coverage updates? Obviously if its Jailbroke - You won't get them correct?
    11-08-10 01:59 PM
    Personally, I find 2 features that make jailbreaking worthwhile. Themes are nice, but it's not really a big deal. I find LockInfo extremely useful. You can look at stuff at a glance instead of having to unlock your phone. My 2nd favorite feature is SBSettings, which allows quick access to toggles for Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, and others. I also use My3G, which allows FaceTime over 3G. It's nice, especially since I use FaceTime a lot, but's not a huge deal.
    11-08-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD