I dont have my USB cable..crap!

is 3.1 available for DL?
    09-09-09 12:50 PM
    How do you check? new to Iphone
    09-09-09 12:55 PM
    Open iTunes with the phone plugged in and it should tell you an update is available if it is.
    09-09-09 12:58 PM
    09-09-09 01:04 PM
    Open iTunes with the phone plugged in and it should tell you an update is available if it is.
    LOL...figured that out after I sent the message. Unfortunately there are no new updates available.
    09-09-09 01:04 PM
    According to the link that sniffs posted it will be out sometime today... That must make the MMS from AT&T something like 3.1.1...
    09-09-09 01:24 PM
    3.1 and iTunes 9 are out. I'm installing iTunes 9 now, but the 3.1 servers are getting hammered so i'll be waiting on that and probably won't update until we know if a new jailbreak is needed.

List of 3.1 updates from Engadget:

* Firmware updated to 3.1 7C106c
    * Updated modem firmware to 5.10.01
    * Updated AT&T profile to 4.5
    * iPhone vibrates when moving icons
    * Voice Control now works over Bluetooth, meaning wireless headphone now will work
    * Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz, 15 new options to play with
    * APIs to allow third party apps to access videos and edit them
    * MMS buttons are back in the Messages app for AT&T customers but still don’t work
    * Fraud Protection Toggle in Safari Settings
    * Copy/Paste functions works in the address book and in the numeric keypad of the phone application
    * Developers can now monitor/debug their apps over Wi-Fi
    * The ability to save video attachments to your photo album
    * The “Save” and “Save as Copy” options have been changed to “Trim Original” and “Save as New Clip”
    * Overall faster
    * Improved battery life, iPhone 3G & 3GS only
    * Bug fixes

*Edit* Link to official OS 3.1 page: Apple - iPhone - New features in the iPhone 3.1 Software Update.
    Last edited by armedtank; 09-09-09 at 01:39 PM.
    09-09-09 01:36 PM
    Direct download for 3.1 if you don't want to wait for the Apple servers to calm down: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download
    09-09-09 01:41 PM
    Interresting that Apple.com still shows iTunes 8.. where are you downloading it from?
    09-09-09 01:43 PM
    Downloaded it.
    Last edited by nfl46; 09-09-09 at 04:03 PM.
    09-09-09 01:52 PM
    Interresting that Apple.com still shows iTunes 8.. where are you downloading it from?
    Do a reload on the download page, it showed version 8 for me until I did Cntrl + F5 to get a fresh copy of the page.
    09-09-09 01:59 PM
    I'm sure there are plenty of sites with mirrors. If it's slow, download from them.

@armedtank -- someone posted on twitter that redsn0w works, but I don't think the unlock does. Hmmm... decisions, decisions... lol. I was planning on selling my iPhone to get a newer one.
    09-09-09 02:24 PM
    I'm sure there are plenty of sites with mirrors. If it's slow, download from them.

@armedtank -- someone posted on twitter that redsn0w works, but I don't think the unlock does. Hmmm... decisions, decisions... lol. I was planning on selling my iPhone to get a newer one.
    I read that redsn0w works too but the unlock is killed for sure, but I won't try upgrade to 3.1 until I get alot more feedback on the jailbreak.

Are you thinking about getting the 3GS?
    09-09-09 02:56 PM
    Yay! The unlock and jailbreak still work! using Pwnage.

Dev-Team Blog - Rock Out without Lockout
    09-09-09 03:27 PM
    Are you thinking about getting the 3GS?

I have the 3Gs... had it since day one. I just want a newer 3GS. Lol. I like them fresh.
    09-09-09 03:28 PM
    I have the 3Gs... had it since day one. I just want a newer 3GS. Lol. I like them fresh.

LMAO, play on playa
    09-09-09 03:40 PM
    Sounds like a phone pedo.. likes them young and fresh.

haha jk...
    09-09-09 03:43 PM
    Sounds like a phone pedo.. likes them young and fresh.

haha jk...
    I am and I do... hehe.
    09-09-09 03:45 PM
    a phone pedo....lol, now thats funny!

on a side note, i've got itunes 9 and the new 3.1 installed. my phone is backing up now (which seems to be taking forever) and then on to play! i do love how you can organize the apps on itunes now! that is pimp!
    09-09-09 04:00 PM
    Haha... I didn't even know you could. I didn't even watch the keynote. I wonder how well that will work with themes on JB iPhones.
    09-09-09 05:09 PM
    sell me your 3gs!! I want the new one! ha!
    09-09-09 05:44 PM
    3.1 and iTunes 9 are out. I'm installing iTunes 9 now, but the 3.1 servers are getting hammered so i'll be waiting on that and probably won't update until we know if a new jailbreak is needed.

List of 3.1 updates from Engadget:

* Firmware updated to 3.1 7C106c
    * Updated modem firmware to 5.10.01
    * Updated AT&T profile to 4.5
    * iPhone vibrates when moving icons
    * Voice Control now works over Bluetooth, meaning wireless headphone now will work
    * Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz, 15 new options to play with
    * APIs to allow third party apps to access videos and edit them
    * MMS buttons are back in the Messages app for AT&T customers but still don�t work * Fraud Protection Toggle in Safari Settings
    * Copy/Paste functions works in the address book and in the numeric keypad of the phone application
    * Developers can now monitor/debug their apps over Wi-Fi
    * The ability to save video attachments to your photo album
    * The �Save� and �Save as Copy� options have been changed to �Trim Original� and �Save as New Clip�
    * Overall faster
    * Improved battery life, iPhone 3G & 3GS only
    * Bug fixes

*Edit* Link to official OS 3.1 page: Apple - iPhone - New features in the iPhone 3.1 Software Update.

i have not noticed any changes or additions of buttons for mms where are they?
    09-09-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD