05-28-09 04:01 PM
73 123
tools
    the storm will be faster after upcoming updates..
    Really, so can you give me next weeks lotto numbers?

I guess the iPhone will never have another update.

The fact of the matter is in the consumer market today consumers don't care how a phone was 2 years ago, they don't care that the iPhone was out two years ago, they want to see new phones compete with any phone.
    03-06-09 11:03 PM
    Ha and did you read BGR's response to this "award". I know BGR isn't the end all be all of the tech community but their opinion is well respected by the median (not fanboys).

Before I switched to AT&T because I was so disappointed with the storm, i played with a friends storm which wasn't so bad (although it was replaced twice), but then I went to the verizon store to continue my research and they had two storms next to each other. They felt like two completely different phones. One was so delicate and felt wobbly when clicking, and the other I thought I was gonna have to slam my thumb through the screen to click it. Every iPhone feels the same, no differences, and I believe it to be way more responsive.

Well I wonder how many times the phones in the store have been used and abused and pressed to hard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:52 AM
    iphone is cool
    03-07-09 01:35 AM
    Well I wonder how many times the phones in the store have been used and abused and pressed to hard.

I'm willing to bet no more then daily usage, if not less....

Most people want to handle their business and get out, not play with a phone. I'm not saying that completely rules out a rogue pre-teen wanting to button mash but its not like they don't have employees to stop people from slamming the phones like cavemen. The one phone I tested I had no choice but to press hard, that was the only way to type?

And would this mean i have to baby my storm? Some people including myself can be somewhat abusive to phones, like i stated before 5 months of use my storm will apparently become a hunk of sh*t as I am learning from storm owners themselves...

And from what I have been reading everybody says that the blackberry storm's ace in the hole over the iPhone is its typing and messaging. What part of the phone does that use? The SCREEN perhaps. So if i was a heavy texter or used BBM like I did on my pearl the phone won't be able to with stand this type of "abuse."

I don't know this but these are just questions I'm asking because apparently Storm owners think the Verizon store is out to make a mockery of the storm with the ones they display... I definitely understand the defense of the storm but there is no denying what I experienced.
    03-07-09 02:04 AM
    The "It's RIM's first touchscreen" holds no water. It was Apple's first phone period in 2007 and they nailed the touch screen.
    03-07-09 11:01 PM
    iPhone hands down... multi touch is a dream.

Not sure in what way the Storm is considered to be better than the iPhone's touch...
    The Storm has multi-touch, so I don't know what you're going for here...
    03-08-09 10:53 PM
    The Storm has multi-touch, so I don't know what you're going for here...
    Where in my statement does it state the Storm doesn't have it?

Not sure in what way the Storm is considered to be better than the iPhone's touch...
    That means both have it, but the iPhone's is better. Pinch and Zoom gestures.
    03-09-09 01:29 AM
    The first iPhone had the same touchscreen... they never made any changes to the 3g version in that aspect.

Therefore it was as good on the first shot.
    If it aint broke don't fix it : )

iPhone wins hands down. Love using my touch.

03-09-09 02:27 AM
    Where in my statement does it state the Storm doesn't have it?
    You said that the iPhone was better because it had this function, implying that the Storm and other phones did not. If that isn't what you meant, I apologize. That is just how I understood it.

That means both have it, but the iPhone's is better. Pinch and Zoom gestures.
    The "pinch & zoom" isn't what make the iPhone and iTouch great in my opinion. The exact opposite actually. Apple was, the last time I checked, trying to patent that function so the no other company could use it. That's like the way the iPhone opens multiple Safari windows. Microsoft should patent that. That WAS what made WINDOWS, WINDOWS after all. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me. The "pinch & zoom" is a nice feature, but it is pretty greedy not to share. What if BB decided to patent E-mail pushing and the iPhone was no longer allowed to do that? And again, the list goes on and on with iPhone flaws...
    03-09-09 02:54 AM
    And again, the list goes on and on with iPhone flaws...
    I don't see what your getting at in that whole post? Your ripping Apple for being greedy about trying to patent the multi-touch feature, how does that relate to the iphone flaws? We are talking about the touch screen.

You might have a problem with no flash, zoom, lack of mms, etc, but the touch screen is one thing the iPhone does perfect.

So where are the flaws with the touch screen you seem to be pointing at?
    03-09-09 03:08 AM
    Honestly, the iphone's touch screen is more responsive. The rubber band effect is great too. RIM could have worked that into the Storm, but they didn't. Sure, it could be implemented with an update in the future, however, many consumers aren't patient to wait for something to get better. They want it right the first time. There are pros and cons to both devices, as well as personal preferences.

Surepress works great, and it is accurate, but if you give someone enough time with any device, they'll get fairly accurate with it. Hands down though, the iphone is more responsive with it's touchscreen and interface. Storm still lags behind, but it is still a blackberry and does what a blackberry needs to do.
    03-09-09 03:32 PM
    Definitely the iPhone's.
    03-09-09 05:43 PM
    iPhone feels better and is more responsive
    03-09-09 06:35 PM
    iPhone has a much better build quality, user friendly experience! I'd say iPhone hands down!
    03-10-09 12:02 AM
    I had both, I prefer the surepress though, it saves me a lot of "ARG IMMA THROW THIS GOD D**M IPHONE THROUGH A WALL"

yeah, anger managment ftw
    03-12-09 01:02 PM
    I Think the iPhone has a more Responsive Touchscreen-
    The iphone doesn't have a more responsive touchscreen, its just that the storm has a laggy UI

03-13-09 02:59 AM
    The iphone doesn't have a more responsive touchscreen, its just that the storm has a laggy UI

Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense. If the UI is holding back the device then so be it, but that doesn't take away the fact that the iPhone then does have a more responsive touchscreen.
    03-13-09 10:51 AM
    Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense. If the UI is holding back the device then so be it, but that doesn't take away the fact that the iPhone then does have a more responsive touchscreen.
    Haha thank you, I was thinking the same thing.

I don't if it is the most high tech touch screen to ever hit the market, if it isn't responsive when I touch it for whatever reason (UI, etc.) it there for is not responsive.
    03-13-09 01:26 PM

????? Lol.
    03-13-09 10:33 PM
    My vote goes to the iPhone for sure.

-Catherine
    03-14-09 09:29 AM
    its all a matter of opinion:

in my opinion the iPhones is better for keyboard but the storm is better everywhere else.
    03-14-09 08:32 PM
    That makes two of us, cause I'm also glad i don't own that mistake.

I also don't see your point because if I could fast forward another two months my iphone is still gonna feel the same. Why would I want my phone screen to become loose and wobbly after 5 months of use or start out to stiff to type???? So in your model of usage my hypothetical storm will become a hunk of sh*t from 5 months of use... Good rebuttal

And how else would you like me to do research?? I went to my local Verizon store which sells the STORM and played with the two phones they presented to me. Next time ill ask them to unbox a brand new phone I am not necessarily planning to buy and please download the latest leaked software patch so I can make sure I'm using the storm to its fullest. Then maybe ill be researching up to your standards... Besides the other research I did which was right here on this site which more had more people complaining then fawning over it.

And if you read I did play my friends storm and actually found it quite responsive just not for me...
    To your first paragraph. A phone in a store does not get "normal use"

to your second paragraph. VZW 30 day trial. Give it 29
    05-12-09 04:51 AM
    Hate it or love it... That's what it is!

I think RIM tried to enter the non business market with the Storm. But the commercials dont send that message, right?
    05-12-09 06:03 AM
    I wouldnt say the non business market. All i know is Apple's marketing targets people that are easily brainwashed (young gen.). And BB markets torwards NO ONE. lol they have horrific marketing. What is their focus anyways?
    05-13-09 04:52 AM
    Why are u even worried about the Storm.
    U have the iphone right?
    05-13-09 11:06 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD