• Twittelator (including Pro versions)

1 3.70%
  • TwitterFon (including Pro versions)

9 33.33%
  • SimplyTweet

0 0%
  • Other? (State the name and why)

4 14.81%
    What's the best twitter client for the iPhone and why?

I use Tweetdeck and Tweetie. Tweetie seems to have a bad update rate and Tweetdeck doesn't seem to know what "Mark All seen" means as I have to mark it as seen more than once.

I want good update rates and also good UI. I like the UI for Tweetdeck as I have two Twitter accounts and can easily refresh and go to the account with new tweets. I like the looks of Tweetie more, but I have to constantly leave one account and go into the next and then hit refresh. I tried Twitterriffic a long time ago (when it first came out) and stopped using it when Tweetie came out.
    06-28-09 09:57 PM
    I like Twitterena due to good update rates. Its only 99 cents so you have nothing to lose by trying
    06-28-09 10:01 PM
    Lol... you answered prior to me completing the poll.
    06-28-09 10:04 PM
    Yeah and mine didnt even make the list. Lol I have tried Tweetdeck, Twitterific, TwitterFon, ans Tweetie and I think Twitterena beats them all. I never tried Twitterlator though.
    06-28-09 10:09 PM
    Reasons??????? And what made you even pick Twitterena? Only for the update rate? That is a big factor to me, but options is what I want to. trends? and other things. I want to be able to not have to run to the pc to do things.

Have you looked at SimplyTweet? I was talking to a dev about being added to the next beta. I hope it has push.
    06-28-09 10:12 PM
    It has a lot of options and settings. Really too many to list. Just look up the app in the app store and it breaks down the details.
    06-28-09 10:14 PM
    downloading now... I trust you. You know what good is (*cough TG cough*)
    06-28-09 10:15 PM
    Also, I may d/l Twittelator Pro. Look at the options (especially for the 3GS with video).
    06-28-09 10:17 PM
    Also, I may d/l Twittelator Pro. Look at the options (especially for the 3GS with video).
    Twitterena is working on the same thing too with video according to their tweets. If you dont like it, 99 cents wont break you
    06-28-09 10:22 PM
    Twittelator Pro and Twitterena are my top just from loading them. tweetie has been knocked out of the box!

Yes Tweetie has. I was using the free version of TwitterFon over that before I got Twitterena. If you load Twitterlator Pro, let me know what you think. Im curious but dont want to spend $5 and not like it.
    06-28-09 10:28 PM
    just out of curiosity does the ui of tweetdeck on the iPhone look similiar to that of tweetdeck on a mac?
    06-28-09 11:21 PM
    Most definitely Tweetie, IMO!
    06-28-09 11:22 PM
    just out of curiosity does the ui of tweetdeck on the iPhone look similiar to that of tweetdeck on a mac?
    Well I'm not sure about mac, but it's similar to the windows version. I'm assuming both windows and mac versions are close to each other.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:32 PM
    Most definitely Tweetie, IMO!
    Try Twittelator Pro. It beats tweetie IMO. Twitterena is good too.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:33 PM
    I'm using Birdhouse, Tweetie, and TwitterFon Pro. I like interchanging between all of these clients, but for any consumer looking for a good FREE Twitter client I'd go for TwitterFon.
    06-29-09 09:17 PM
    Tweetie fo sheezy..
    06-30-09 12:43 PM
    qTweeter... You of course must be jailbroken and it costs $5+ (I say + because the dev allows you to "donate" more)... BUT, it allows for in app Twitter and Facebook updates with a simple flick of your finger from the top info bar down... It's pretty damn nice... Will even pre populate what you're listening to in iPod mode or viewing on Safari if you launch it from said apps, if you're into letting everyone know stuff like that (not for me, but I know you're out there).
    06-30-09 01:06 PM
    The next Twitterena release 3.0 will have Facebook integrated into it
    06-30-09 05:16 PM
    Been using SimplyTweet w/ push notifications for @replies and DMs, pretty nice. The push is a little slow (1-4 minutes), but they are using a small back-end server for testing. Twittelator is still my favorite atm.
    07-04-09 09:08 PM
    Its a tie between Tweetie and TweetDeck for me.

TweetDeck would be perfect if it had a landscape mode for typing tweets.
    07-06-09 12:05 AM
    sorry to bump an old thread but wondering if anyone had addtional input. twittelator used to be great but now it fails updates about half the time. tried twitterena and it looks great but it doesn't have the preview pics twittelator does.
    07-21-09 07:40 AM
    I'm using SimplyTweet w/ push notifications at the moment, but along with Twittelator.

ST updates pretty fast, almost instant when I click view on the alert I receive.

Try the light version and if you want push, it's $4.99.
    07-21-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD