I would be new to AT&T and I didn't notice any insurance available for the Iphone on the AT&T website. I'm wondering if I get it from Best Buy, maybe I could get some type of coverage through them? I know some users recommend the Applecare Protection Plan. If it makes a difference, where would recommend purchasing an Iphone 3GS?
    07-05-09 11:05 PM
    With bestbuy, you can get the accidental damage protection I believe. AppleCare doesn't protect you dropping and cracking the screen.
    07-05-09 11:15 PM
    I have done both Apple store walk in and with my 3Gs I did AT&T online FedEx and by far the online/FedEx was the best way to go, no lines and no BS.
    07-06-09 09:59 AM
    I personally got mine from Apple.com and it got FedExed directly from China which I thought was pretty cool.
    07-06-09 01:20 PM
    I would be new to AT&T and I didn't notice any insurance available for the Iphone on the AT&T website. I'm wondering if I get it from Best Buy, maybe I could get some type of coverage through them? I know some users recommend the Applecare Protection Plan. If it makes a difference, where would recommend purchasing an Iphone 3GS?
    I got mine from the apple store yesterday because non of the att stores in houston had them. Granted I'm an existing customer, but I was in and out in no time. Much quicker than the att store. I came from a bold. Loved the phone but not refined like iphone to me. I am not a business user either. At the moment i am missing my hard keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 01:43 PM
    Being in new york it seemed like everyone went to the apple store so i went into ATT and it took like 20 minutes and only because i had to get put on a family plan.....i thought it would go by a lot slower than it did....seems like ATT is getting their sh!t together while verizon tried dicking me around with the ETF
    07-07-09 02:28 PM
    Is the iPhone 3Gs still ridiculous to get a hold of?

Or is it safe to just stroll into a corporate store, or even Apple to pick one up?

IE- is the craze already calming down?
    07-07-09 02:36 PM
    oh yeah it has calmed down from what i can see......if not you can go to the apple website and there is a link to check the iPhone availability in your state

Apple Retail Store - iPhone availability at the Apple Store
    07-07-09 02:43 PM
    i got applecare, at the store they said they cover it being dropped cracked broken and water damage, is that all a lie or what?
    07-07-09 06:02 PM
    Is the iPhone 3Gs still ridiculous to get a hold of?

Or is it safe to just stroll into a corporate store, or even Apple to pick one up?

IE- is the craze already calming down?
    My local Apple Store has a lot. They also have replacements in.
    07-07-09 06:20 PM
    i got applecare, at the store they said they cover it being dropped cracked broken and water damage, is that all a lie or what?
    It was a lie.

Look in section 1.b.(ii)
    07-07-09 07:03 PM
    My local Apple Store has a lot. They also have replacements in.
    JAJA they knew iphone was a mistake their wasnt any hype like the first iphone LOL.

Why do people keep comparing iphone to blackberry. I have blackberry 8900, 8320, 8220, 9000,3g and recently added the 3gs. Iphone mostly for people that think it makes them look cool or because its an advanced itouch. The multimedia on the iphone is by far the best and it doesnt compare to Blackberry. Now bring in the most important part to the equation push email, bluetooth, security, browser download, all of which my new 3gs can't do. Yes jailbreaking will help but my blackberry does that out of the box.

Comparing Iphone to BlackBerry is like comparing a Lambo to a ZR1.

The lambo has the looks and oos. But the ZR1 has the walk to back up the talk.
    07-07-09 08:04 PM
    i got mine from att on launch day with no line!!
    07-07-09 10:12 PM
    With bestbuy, you can get the accidental damage protection I believe. AppleCare doesn't protect you dropping and cracking the screen.
    you can get the protection plan from them with geek squad thats what i did but its 15 dollars each a month and i have 2 but its well worth it. bring it in an unlimited amount of times for any reason and they give you a replacement for the time being while being fixed or if they cant they give you a new phone at no deductible way better than applecare
    07-07-09 11:27 PM
    you can get the protection plan from them with geek squad thats what i did but its 15 dollars each a month and i have 2 but its well worth it. bring it in an unlimited amount of times for any reason and they give you a replacement for the time being while being fixed or if they cant they give you a new phone at no deductible way better than applecare
    Is it really worth 15 a month when apple takes care of it for the first year away??
    07-07-09 11:36 PM
    Att in my town hasnt had any but the Apple stores have a ton
    07-07-09 11:37 PM
    My local at&t store tried to tell me they were sold out "worldwide" and the only way I could get one would be by preordering with them, lol
    07-07-09 11:58 PM
    My local at&t store tried to tell me they were sold out "worldwide" and the only way I could get one would be by preordering with them, lol
    Because it seems like no ATT store has them instock ive been to about six of them all of them ask me to order them since they dotn have any in stock not sure why.
    07-08-09 12:27 AM
    If you guys have local Apple store in your area, I bet they have them. Apple is fully stocked here in LV
    07-08-09 12:33 AM
    Yes... Apple is screwing at&t once again. They always have the most and the store near me has everyone exception 16 black.
    07-08-09 02:44 AM

Odd I see lots of green...
    07-08-09 03:18 AM
    I'm taking a drive up (a little over an hour) to the nearest apple store to pick one up today. Hopefully the online availability checker is accurate because I'm looking for a 32 gig white and it says they're in stock. Anyone know how often they get shipments in?
    07-08-09 07:48 AM
    Is it really worth 15 a month when apple takes care of it for the first year away??
    if you read what i wrote then you would understand, if the screen breaks batt messes up anything happens to it accept loss/stolen. its fully cover other than apples 2 times a year thing.
    07-08-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD