My wife has an iphone 3G and like many has all her songs on it and loves listening to Pandora. For her birthday I want to find the best solution to integrate her phone into her car. I've been looking all over and thought you guys might have a solution. I don't want to do tape deck adapter or FM transmitter. I'm looking for something that will allow me to hook it up to her stock car stereo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 05:10 PM
    Does her car have an audio/mp3 player jack? Most new car models have that. The auxiliary cable that connects the iPHone to that jack is typically not included in a cheap car kit (mine is cheap). You can find one brand, Lexington ($49.99 on Amazon) complete with iPhone dock which charges her iphone at the same time so she can use map/gps-enabled apps without losing battery.
    02-10-10 05:30 PM
    No, her car doesn't have a built in audio/MP3 jack. I'm looking for a module that will attach to the stock stereo behind the dash that I could then run an auxiliary cable to her iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 06:03 PM
    I got mine from Best Buy the brand name is Peripheral you can also get it from crutchfield.com
    02-10-10 07:13 PM
    I got mine from Best Buy the brand name is Peripheral you can also get it from crutchfield.com
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the help. Quick question though. In reading some reviews some people say it charges the iphone 3G others say it doesn't. Does the one you have charge your phone?
    02-10-10 08:07 PM
    it should charge your phone.
    02-12-10 12:45 PM
    It's spendy, but fork out the cash and get the Tom Tom. It does everything you could want, plus turns your iPhone into a GPS to rival any others. Sound is great, and it charges your phone. You can also get the audio cable to plug it right into your wifes car. It does everything.
    02-12-10 06:28 PM
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the help. Quick question though. In reading some reviews some people say it charges the iphone 3G others say it doesn't. Does the one you have charge your phone?
    The one I have does not charge my iPhone 3gs, but when I bought it was back when I had the 2g iPhone and it would charge that one so by now I would have think they have updated it to charge the 3g and 3gs.
    02-13-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD