Hi,

I am getting myself a iPhone 4S very soon and I need to transfer all my data from my Bold 9700 to the iPhone 4S. I was wondering if anyone has tried BerryMover, I couldn't find any reviews online so I'm not sure if it works properly and worth the 10$ price tag.

Also, text messages/SMS are my top priority, the other data are less important.

Thank you for reading.
    12-28-11 04:06 PM
    Hi,

I'm Tim Goggin. I own PocketMac, the folks who produce BerryMover. It definitely works and you can email me personally if you need help.
    12-30-11 11:23 AM
    Hi,

I'm Tim Goggin. I own PocketMac, the folks who produce BerryMover. It definitely works and you can email me personally if you need help.
    Thank you for the reply. I am reassured now, I will give it a try sometime in the next two weeks. I will be suree to email you if I run into any trouble.

Thanks again.
    12-30-11 11:57 AM
    you can also try backing up via google mail. i have read that that also works. when i set up my wifes phone i used microsoft outlook 2010 to set all of her contacts and calendars on her iphone from her tour
    12-30-11 01:48 PM
    Does Google Sync work on the iPhone?
    12-30-11 05:33 PM
    I think everything syncs through the OS if you set it up as an exchange email, so gsync isn't needed. I'm getting a 4S in another week, so I'm curious about this as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-11 10:09 AM
    That would be great. I loved on my Android that contact and calendar sync was just built in and automatic. Same with Google Voice contacts.
    12-31-11 11:17 AM
    Set up your gmail account through exchange and you will be all set.
    12-31-11 11:21 AM
    I'm getting ready to do this myself with iPad.
    I've read many threads/post:
    First you must enable exchange on your account on the Google web site.
    Then you set up the email account on the device as an exchange instead of gmail.
    That's my understanding and will attempt to do it this weekend.
    If this doesn't sound right, someone please chime in.

Good Luck
    12-31-11 01:51 PM
    Set up your gmail account through exchange and you will be all set.
    Can you do the same thing with Yahoo?
    01-02-12 08:43 AM
    This method with Exchange won't be able to transfer all my texts right?
    01-08-12 05:52 AM
    This method with Exchange won't be able to transfer all my texts right?
    No i don't think it will. i believe all it syncs is contacts and gmail messages
    01-08-12 08:39 AM
    Alright thanks. I just need to find a way to transfer my text messages now :S
    01-08-12 08:53 AM
    I thought iTunes did this?

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-08-12 08:50 PM
    I thought iTunes did this?

Well I think iTunes only backups texts from an iPhone and when you restore, it can restore the texts because it was backed up from an iPhone. But I'm backing up from a Blackberry so that's why I have trouble restoring my texts.
    01-08-12 09:33 PM
    when i migrated, i did the whole exchange thing to get my address book all set up. personally, getting icloud and google contacts properly synced was a pain in the . now that i got my contacts imported, i turned off the contacts sync. when you edit a gmail contact, it will send it to your phone but not the other way around. now, i only sync to cloud and thats it.
    01-09-12 01:29 AM
    when you edit a gmail contact, it will send it to your phone but not the other way around. now, i only sync to cloud and thats it.
    Yikes
    This is not good news for me since I had this great plan in the next few weeks to get an iPhone 4s and set up exchange to sync with google for contacts, calendar.
    How about calendar - same issue?
    TIA
    01-09-12 07:41 PM
    Yikes
    This is not good news for me since I had this great plan in the next few weeks to get an iPhone 4s and set up exchange to sync with google for contacts, calendar.
    TIA
    Google calendar and contacts sync both ways for me.
    01-09-12 07:42 PM
    Yikes
    TIA
    But look at this TT, its a easy start to transfer over your contacts and calendars. after that you will learn the rest. When i sync my iphone on the weekends, all of my data on outlook matches my phone,,you have to remember that you are coming from one platform starting fresh into something new. iOS is not hard to learn at all. and when you ease up on the rim mindset the iphone is quite frankly the easiest device to use.. and lemme tell ya, for such a small display netflix looks awesome on it lol
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 01-09-12 at 08:01 PM.
    01-09-12 07:58 PM
    Google calendar and contacts sync both ways for me.
    Glad to hear that xandermac.
    Tks for the encouragement
    Good luck
    01-09-12 08:18 PM
    Glad to hear that xandermac.
    Tks for the encouragement
    Good luck
    Yeah. It works fine. Set it up as an exchange activesync account and use m.google.com as the server, then toggle the switches for what you want to sync. It'll download your email, calendar and contacts fresh to the new phone and any changes after that are sent both ways.
    01-09-12 08:21 PM
    But look at this TT, its a easy start to transfer over your contacts and calendars. after that you will learn the rest. When i sync my iphone on the weekends, all of my data on outlook matches my phone,,you have to remember that you are coming from one platform starting fresh into something new. iOS is not hard to learn at all. and when you ease up on the rim mindset the iphone is quite frankly the easiest device to use.. and lemme tell ya, for such a small display netflix looks awesome on it lol
    Tks jf,

I'm looking forward to the move. Bought my wife an iPad 2 for Christmas and I love it.
    So I'm gonna get an iPhone 4s soon, then in a few months get an iPad 2 for myself.

Anyway, on the phone I plan to do the following:

Calendar, emails ad Contacts - exchange sync with Google
    Will use Remanders in place of my Tasks - sync to iCloud
    Will use Notes in place of memoPad - will sync to iCloud

Good Luck
    01-09-12 08:29 PM
    Yeah. It works fine. Set it up as an exchange activesync account and use m.google.com as the server, then toggle the switches for what you want to sync. It'll download your email, calendar and contacts fresh to the new phone and any changes after that are sent both ways.
    Tks for the steps xm,
    This should help.

Man my head is buzzing with tech overload - setting my wife up on her iPad2 Christmas present, trying to decide on BB, Android or iPhone for myself. Keeping all of this straight is taxing me.

Good Luck
    01-09-12 08:37 PM
    yep looking to have a ipad by this spring or early summer... i have been wanting one for a while...
    01-09-12 08:42 PM
    Tks for the steps xm,
    This should help.

Man my head is buzzing with tech overload - setting my wife up on her iPad2 Christmas present, trying to decide on BB, Android or iPhone for myself. Keeping all of this straight is taxing me.

Good Luck
    I notice that you're considering using iCloud for certain things. I have actually made the switch entirely to iCloud for calendar and contacts also. The reason I did this is because there are many more field maps available and they will sync perfectly between my iPhone and iPad. For example, using Siri you can set up relationships IE my mother is "x", my wife is "x", and these will be mapped to individual fields in your contact. The problem arises when Google contacts re-maps these new fields to its standard fields. I avoided this remapping by syncing only to iCloud. It's one other option available to you.

01-09-12 08:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD