I'm curious, I'm a BlackBerry user (I have a BOLD), and since Messenger is NOT on the iPhone what do you use for quick instant communication?

I've bought, and used both BeeJive & IM+PUSH. But, to me, and this is just me, they BOTH have issues. They just don't seem as reliable as BlackBerry Messenger...

What say you?
    07-31-09 12:41 PM
    I dont think anything will be as reliable as a native messenger like BBM. Ive never found any messenger app on any platform- Palm OS, WM, BB, or iphone (yahoo, AIM) to be 100% reliable like BBM. No 3rd party messenger will beat a native app to the pplatform.
    07-31-09 12:47 PM
    BBM is obviously the best, but I think Beejive is probably second and the best I'm option on iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:55 PM
    All Apple has to do is make a slimmed down version of iChat available on the iPhone. Basically a non-video version where you can chit-chat in realtime.

GOOOO APPLE, DO ETTTTTTTTTT.
    07-31-09 01:58 PM
    Of course BBM is best when chatting blackberry to blackberry but BeeJive is the best overall when communicating with people across clients. All of my friends don't have blackberries and some are on AIM while others do YIM. My friends that use BBM also use Beejive on their phones so losing BBM wasn't a big deal for me. I think it's because I didn't make BBM the main point of communicating with people so when it was gone, it was easy to move to something else. I also had BeeJive on my blackberry too.
    07-31-09 02:09 PM
    BeeJive has not let me down yet. Works just as well as BBM for me, plus the fact that it isn't just for BB users makes it better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:51 PM
    +1 Beejive was well worth the 9.99. I use it more than any other app I have. I mostly use BBM to chat w/co-workers, everyone else I chat with regularly is on AIM.
    07-31-09 05:17 PM
    BeeJive IM all the way. No other way is better IMO. I'm actually going to purchase IM+ as a back up.
    07-31-09 10:36 PM
    My verdict is now changing. I like IM+ better. Lol. Wow. What a difference an OS makes. BeeJiveIM seems to be unstable. Push being flaky. Here is the response they sent my friend. She tried it and it didn't work.

Date:August 1, 2009 5:56:48 AM EDT
    To:Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx <[email protected]>
    Subject:Re: Push not working

Hi,

Apple servers have been down intermittently the last couple of days. Could you please logout of all accounts and login again and see if it helps? If its still a no go, try and switch airplane mode off and switch it back on and see if it helps.Could you also turn off badges in Settings > Notifications > Beejive IM and see if it helps?

Thank You!

Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx wrote:
    Hello,

I recently purchased Beejive. My push notification was working fine, but for the past 3 days the push has not been working. I already powercycled, deleted app added it again, but the issue is still not resolved.

What should I do to fix the issue?

Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone

Push is working fine for other clients... I'm wondering why they are blaming Apple.
    08-01-09 02:44 PM
    I agree ive been using im+ and it seems to be better than beejive to bad i cant get a refund.
    08-01-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD