Since it's obvious that Apple won't do much to those who had problems with the antena I was wondering if you never had the 3GS version and you saw it on sale would you just that and forget the 4G? Now even though the 4G has not gone on sale in Canada a Bell employee told me they would be putting the 3GS on sale. Now I have never had an iPhone before, although if I wanted one I think I would just get the 3GS because it doesn't have any of the problems the 4G is having. So what would you do?
    07-18-10 05:47 PM
    Simply put. No.

The antenna issue is and has been way blown out of proportion. I have held countless devices, squeezed WAY harder then I should have and had no issues.

Don't let the press drag the device down for you.
    07-18-10 05:51 PM
    Since it's obvious that Apple won't do much to those who had problems with the antena I was wondering if you never had the 3GS version and you saw it on sale would you just that and forget the 4G? Now even though the 4G has not gone on sale in Canada a Bell employee told me they would be putting the 3GS on sale. Now I have never had an iPhone before, although if I wanted one I think I would just get the 3GS because it doesn't have any of the problems the 4G is having. So what would you do?
    Reasons to get the 3GS over the 4:

1) Cost factor. The 3GS is half the price of the 16GB iPhone 4.

2) Don't like the new styling.

3) You habitually grab the phone and touch the dead spot and don't want to get a case and you have bad reception.

That's about it.
    07-18-10 05:56 PM
    Ive had this i4 for two weeks today, and cannot get it to lose reception or drop a call any way I hold it. And Ive tried, just to see what people moaning about.
    07-18-10 09:15 PM
    Ive had this i4 for two weeks today, and cannot get it to lose reception or drop a call any way I hold it. And Ive tried, just to see what people moaning about.
    I hear that from a few people that I actually know and not those I read on the net. They all say, for the most part, they aren't having any reception issues.

I was about to cancel my order for my iP4 today. NOT because of the antenna issue, but because another phone that I was interested in started to peak my curiosity. But I think I will wait it out and see for myself how I like the iP4.

Just as long as I can soon get rid of my Bold 9000. I am sooo tired of this phone. LOL
    07-18-10 09:23 PM
    I do have the antenna problem but I simply got a case which was not a big deal for me. I personally love the new styling and the screen of my iP4 compared to the 3GS. Not a deal breaker for me
    07-18-10 09:55 PM
    I do have the antenna problem but I simply got a case which was not a big deal for me. I personally love the new styling and the screen of my iP4 compared to the 3GS. Not a deal breaker for me
    So, did the case eliminate the issue for you completely? And, did you get the Apple Bumper or a different case?
    07-18-10 10:00 PM
    as funny as it sounds ... your holding it wrong to lose signal lol ..

there is no way some do , and some dont have the signal issue ... all do , its just the design
    07-18-10 10:01 PM
    One of the factors in this antenna business is signal. I've had a 3GS for 8 months on the Belus network here in Toronto, and I find coverage to be excellent.
    As long as you have strong signal, you probably won't notice any problems unless you try to re-create the 'Vulcan iPhone Grip'.

I think 'Death Grip' sounds dumb.
    07-18-10 10:04 PM
    I have thought this since I can get a 3GS without a contract for 200 on craigslist. But the main reason why I love my iPhone 4 is the retina display. My friends have the 3GS and it just looks dull and blurry. I could never go back. I love my iPhone 4 and highly recommend it over the 3GS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 10:27 PM
    I have the 3GS, well it's sold now... Giving it tomorrow . So yea I will be getting the 4 for sure. I need to try it for my self and see if the Antenna problem is actually a problem for ME. I always had good coverage so I don't think it will be a problem but we will see. Ether way it will be my personal line and it won't get as much use as my main line so I think all will be good.

On a side note I posted the 3GS 32GB on CL and got over 20 replies in a day . Thing is still selling like a hot cake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD