05-12-11 10:58 AM
57 123
tools
    My bad your right, I shouldve said will be instead because once the issues are fixed it will be a problem for RIM, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cross Platform messaging apps aren't exactly new.. Live Profile is just one of many. Anyone who has BBM has to be first convinced to step off of BBM and thus be convinced to use Live Profile. The advantage here actually plays in RIMs favor depending on how you look at it.

Those who left BB can now talk to those still on BB..and those who leave BB for another platform can still talk to those on BB.. The key point there is that someone, somewhere along that line is using BB and if that's the case then RIM already has collected the money.

Not to mention, text messaging has been around forever now and no one has jumped ship over that..and that is the first, true cross platform messaging service. Try it, lol.. I promise it works on BB, iPhone, Android and heck.. Even dumb phones.
    03-31-11 01:24 AM
    Yeah but the thing is that if all my friends are on live profile, then I will be able to talk to them no matter which platform I go to. And I will be getting rid of my text messaging package soon becuase everyone I know either has a blackberry or an iPhone and will have LP because everyone has it (isn't that how BBM got so popular, because everyone has it?) and will also save me $10/month. And since LP is growing everyday and everyone is getting it, you will have all your friends when you sign into your account no matter which platform its from. And it also will be a BBM replacement (just my opinion) and the messaging strategy is similar to BBM. My point is that all my friends who I currently have on BBM, I will have them on LP as well so if I plan to switch to another platform I won't have to worry about loosing them on BBM.

The thing with the other cross-messaging apps is that it didn't catch on as quickly as LP did, and some of them I've never heard of or used. Idk how LP did this but I'm pretty happy it did.

03-31-11 01:46 AM
    Killing BBM? Live Profile has been down more since launching on BlackBerry then a prostitute at a bachelor party.
    Bwahaha ! Nice visual ! That was my first laugh of the day.
    03-31-11 04:20 AM
    Not to mention, text messaging has been around forever now and no one has jumped ship over that..and that is the first, true cross platform messaging service. Try it, lol.. I promise it works on BB, iPhone, Android and heck.. Even dumb phones.
    i'm on pace to hit 10K in SMS... always will be the best way to message someone (within your country of course); most reliable.

i've been pushing LiveProfile, but since the BB version became public, they down from sun up to sun up... oops, that's all the time

quite a few people i got over from textPlus and WhatsApp are like... "wtf" to me now.
    03-31-11 05:35 AM
    As good as bbm may be, with the exception of exchange email, push notifications are inconsistent at best on iPhone. So if anyone is expecting speed of light instant real time messaging back and forth, I think they'll be disappointed.

03-31-11 06:19 AM
    Killing BBM? Live Profile has been down more since launching on BlackBerry then a prostitute at a bachelor party.
    ahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    I just read your post. thanks! now I'm awake enough to get up and jump into the shower.
    nice one!! :-)

03-31-11 06:22 AM
    Oh yeah and I forgot to add that you won't need to have a data plan, not that I won't have it on a smartphone but for people who don't think they need it

03-31-11 10:26 AM
    I downloaded Live Profile twice so far. Neither time worked. I was trying to add a Blackberry user.
    03-31-11 10:37 AM
    I downloaded Live Profile twice so far. Neither time worked. I was trying to add a Blackberry user.
    Yeah its down most of the time but it does work, I currently have 16 contacts so you have to check out their twitter because they keep you updated on what's going on. But I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

03-31-11 03:45 PM
    Yeah its down most of the time but it does work, I currently have 16 contacts so you have to check out their twitter because they keep you updated on what's going on. But I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

Twitter? Awww come On. I don't want to sign up for that. I've managed to avoid it up to this point in life.
    03-31-11 04:36 PM
    Yeah. I don't do Twitter or Facebook either. And I dont see the point in a messaging app that's always down!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-11 04:53 PM
    Looks like a bad mockup. I'd be more inclined to believe it if the icon was titled Blackberry Messenger like the real ones are and not "BBM"
    I can see them doing this. I do think the name and image, icon, will change. It would be cool to get a little BB with my I-phone. I remeber getting my BB. BBM was the first thing I fell in love with! A messaging service just for me and my BB peeps! LoL! Why can't they take the good of a BB, android and i-phone and make a phone with it!? Sugar, spice and everything nice!

04-01-11 02:11 AM
    I can see them doing this. I do think the name and image, icon, will change. It would be cool to get a little BB with my I-phone. I remeber getting my BB. BBM was the first thing I fell in love with! A messaging service just for me and my BB peeps! LoL! Why can't they take the good of a BB, android and i-phone and make a phone with it!? Sugar, spice and everything nice!

Lol because its all a competition and every man's for themselves, in this case the 3 CEOs. But I wish that would happen too though

04-01-11 02:35 AM
    Yeah. I don't do Twitter or Facebook either. And I dont see the point in a messaging app that's always down!
    Facebook and Twitter.
    Let's see.... I spend the better part of my adult life ignoring and avoiding annoying people from the past, and now that they've finally got the message and I've finally shaken them-- I'm gonna give them an all new venue in which to resume their stalking tendencies. ehhhhhhhg.... I don't think so buddy. lol lol :-) :-).

LazyStarGazer and Chrisy like this.
    04-01-11 11:36 PM
    I can't wait till it launches for iOS!!!

04-03-11 08:08 PM
    Ok I stumbled accross this article earlier from a reliable source which shows proof that BBM will be coming to the iPhone soon but a rumored date of April 26th (yeah I know the title got your guys's attention but that was the point )

Anyways here's the article:

BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone available April 26th? | MobileSyrup.com

Source: Mobilesyrup.com

What do you guys think?

I heard this whole thing was a hoax...

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    04-08-11 11:46 PM
    This is one of those, "I'll believe it when I see it", type reports...
    04-14-11 11:35 AM
    I guess I needed to put the sarcasm in there. I was just referring to how a lot of iphone/android users come on here and do nothing but bash bb's so if they hate them that much they surely don't want anything from them.
    And it's THOSE iPhone users that make us former blackberry users look bad lol. I loved blackberry and I miss bbm a lot. I really hope they bring the "uselesss" app to iOS haha!
    04-22-11 12:15 PM
    This would be cool if bbm was on the iPhone but I find it highly unlikely, why would blackberry do that? This is to me one of their main ways of keeping customers.

04-24-11 07:02 AM
    BBM is one of the last bargaining chips RIM has to keep their customers well customers.

Plus what benefit would they get
    04-24-11 09:46 AM
    BBM is one of the last bargaining chips RIM has to keep their customers well customers.

Plus what benefit would they get
    It could mean huge revenue for RIM. I'm pretty sure if they went through with this that they would charge a fee. They could charge 5 10, shoot I'd even pay 20 for a bbm app, and I'm pretty sure there's a whole lot of other people that would do the same. Not sure if I'd go with it but they could even make more if they charged a fee every month for it if it used there servers. RIM doesn't look like its doing anything to keep up with the competition, so their only losing customers. This would most likely do more good then bad for them.

04-25-11 08:17 AM
    I kan haz bbm now?
    04-26-11 05:34 PM
    It's probably held up in Apple's approval process since you could maybe use it to send nekkid pics...
    04-26-11 05:40 PM
    It's probably held up in Apple's approval process since you could maybe use it to send nekkid pics ...
    Broke Back Messenger?
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-26-11 at 07:05 PM.
    04-26-11 07:02 PM
    I still can see RIM 'selling \ renting', their prized possession...
    04-27-11 04:41 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD