Ok I stumbled accross this article earlier from a reliable source which shows proof that BBM will be coming to the iPhone soon but a rumored date of April 26th (yeah I know the title got your guys's attention but that was the point )

Anyways here's the article:

BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone available April 26th? | MobileSyrup.com

A few weeks ago rumours were that RIM will be expanding their BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) app past BlackBerry devices and have it available to Android and iOS devices. If and when BBM will be implemented on other platforms it won�t be the full experience that BlackBerry users love but a stripped down version.

The Android BBM app is expected to be released sometime this year but a release on the iPhone is still unknown. However, another fresh rumour is brewing over at MacRumours of an April 26th release of the BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone. Apparently RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie was in Toronto today speaking at an event where he off-handed announced the app will be available for download in the App Store on April 26th (Thursday), then an update to follow in the Summer with a new �notification system�.

�RIM had a Social Media conference today in Toronto, and my entire college business and marketing class was invited to the event. RIM�s co-ceo Jim Balsillie revealed that they plan to bring BBM and �other services� to iPhone on April 26 via the app store. Major news networks are expected to pick up on this very soon! Balsillie also revealed that they plan to release an update to the app this summer which will take advantage of a new �notification system�!!!�

Thoughts?

Source: MacRumours
    (Thanks Eric!)
    Source: Mobilesyrup.com

What do you guys think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    iDotRam likes this.
    03-30-11 01:00 AM
    Looks like a bad mockup. I'd be more inclined to believe it if the icon was titled Blackberry Messenger like the real ones are and not "BBM"
    03-30-11 01:06 AM
    Looks like a bad mockup. I'd be more inclined to believe it if the icon was titled Blackberry Messenger like the real ones are and not "BBM"
    Yeah I didn't think it was official either. I don't think it was meant to be since RIM is still working on it.

03-30-11 01:11 AM
    Not sure there would be enough room to call it BlackBerry Messenger, but the photoshopper should have centered the bbm symbol, in respect to North/South. Every icon on the iPhone that doesn't touch the bottom or top or the 'Square' is centered so it's not too high or too low on the iPhone.

I'm not even saying this story is to be believed or not, but don't think the icon is to be believed =)
    03-30-11 01:55 AM
    I also followed the source to the source... it was someone who joined MacRumors March 26 and has 2 posts.

Very reliable
    03-30-11 02:04 AM
    I also followed the source to the source... it was someone who joined MacRumors March 26 and has 2 posts.

Very reliable
    Agreed, not the most reliable source, all her other posts are in locked threads as well. Seems very "reliable" to me
    03-30-11 08:17 AM
    hmm, i don't think so
    03-30-11 08:33 AM
    If anything it will hit Android before iOS.
    03-30-11 09:14 AM
    I'd like BBM on Android.
    03-30-11 09:19 AM
    Oh well darn, I told my friends about this and they were pumped about it (some even threw their BBs out the window, haha jk) but I hate to be the one to break the news to them haha.

03-30-11 09:46 AM
    Why in the world would someone on an android or iphone want something from the useless outdated bb? At least that's what I see from them all the time.
    03-30-11 09:52 AM
    Why in the world would someone on an android or iphone want something from the useless outdated bb? At least that's what I see from them all the time.
    I'm almost sure you haven't used the app fully (maybe because your friends don't use it as well). If so, remember the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" in this case your comment will be considered bs if you haven't used it fully. Why do you think there is a high level of demand for that "useless" app. I'll leave you with your thoughts on that.

03-30-11 10:20 AM
    03-30-11 10:36 AM
    Because there are a lot of people who use blackberries and BBM and are still clinging to that as a reason to keep their blackberry. So having it on another platform allows them to leave but still stay in contact and with the same application as their blackberry. And even though I find single-platform messaging clients useless for personal use, BBM is still one of the best overall clients when compared to any single client. So even though BB OS may be outdated, BBM isn't. That's why.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-30-11 at 10:43 AM.
    03-30-11 10:38 AM
    I'm almost sure you haven't used the app fully (maybe because your friends don't use it as well). If so, remember the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" in this case your comment will be considered bs if you haven't used it fully. Why do you think there is a high level of demand for that "useless" app. I'll leave you with your thoughts on that.

I guess I needed to put the sarcasm in there. I was just referring to how a lot of iphone/android users come on here and do nothing but bash bb's so if they hate them that much they surely don't want anything from them.
    03-30-11 10:41 AM
    I prefer Gtalk. But the Gtalk app on Blackberry is terrible. It signs you off randomly all the time. And I have a friend stuck on Blackberry. That's the only reason I'd like BBM.

Hopefully they'll get an Android instead!
    03-30-11 12:53 PM
    I prefer Gtalk. But the Gtalk app on Blackberry is terrible. It signs you off randomly all the time. And I have a friend stuck on Blackberry. That's the only reason I'd like BBM.

Hopefully they'll get an Android instead!
    If rumors hold true, Android should get BBM before iOS. Time will tell
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-30-11 01:27 PM

Very reliable
    HAHAHAAHA! Nice catch, Duvi.
    03-30-11 01:34 PM
    I guess I needed to put the sarcasm in there. I was just referring to how a lot of iphone/android users come on here and do nothing but bash bb's so if they hate them that much they surely don't want anything from them.
    Haha ok if that's what you meant then I take back me comment

03-30-11 04:18 PM
    Haha you wish mate. No way in a million years. It's like being able to use FaceTime on the BlackBerry. It won't happen, you won't get BBM on a device other than BlackBerry.
    03-30-11 04:44 PM
    Haha you wish mate. No way in a million years. It's like being able to use FaceTime on the BlackBerry. It won't happen, you won't get BBM on a device other than BlackBerry.
    You can get face time on BlackBerry now?
    I'm switching back!
    03-30-11 05:07 PM
    Oh its coming!
    03-30-11 05:07 PM
    Wow I think Live Profile is killing bbm now. I posted my pin on facebook (my friend didn't not know what Live Profile was before I posted my pin) and the next day I get 25 requests?? :O (and getting more everyday as well) I guess RIM has a new competition. Oh yeah and all my friends on BBM are now on LP so I won't miss bbm if I jump ship. Just sayin. But I would miss the ease of UI of BBM when compared to LP though :P

Last edited by luqman24; 03-31-11 at 12:53 AM.
    03-31-11 12:50 AM
    Wow I think Live Profile is killing bbm now. I posted my pin on facebook (my friend didn't not know what Live Profile was before I posted my pin) and the next day I get 25 requests?? :O (and getting more everyday as well) I guess RIM has a new competition. Oh yeah and all my friends on BBM are now on LP so I won't miss bbm if I jump ship. Just sayin. But I would miss the ease of UI of BBM when compared to LP though :P

Killing BBM? Live Profile has been down more since launching on BlackBerry then a prostitute at a bachelor party.
    LazyStarGazer and andyahs like this.
    03-31-11 01:04 AM
    Killing BBM? Live Profile has been down more since launching on BlackBerry then a prostitute at a bachelor party.
    My bad your right, I shouldve said will be instead because once the issues are fixed it will be a problem for RIM, no?

03-31-11 01:15 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD