I am still waiting to receive my ip4s and reading all this battery life problem has me worried a bit! Has anyone gone from the 9930 to ip4s? How do they compare? I actually took the 9930 back because I just couldn't deal with the battery life!
    10-23-11 01:46 PM
    Everyone I know who has the 4S says it lasts a full day. It depends on how much stuff you have running in the background including locations sharing.
    10-23-11 01:52 PM
    If your not recharging during the day your not using the device to its full potential.

GPS...Google Sync for Calenders and Contacts...BlueTooth...BWeather Updates to Homescreen...Remember the Milk Task Manager...SugarSync...Push Apps like FB...BerryNews...BB's Social App..Slacker radio type apps...taking pictures and videos.

and we are not even talking about phone calls, emailing and bbm'g/texting, file viewing, or surfing the net.

I don't think there is a device out there that can last a day with a heavy user.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 10-23-11 at 02:32 PM.
    10-23-11 02:10 PM
    Only thing you need to turn off is auto downloads in store. Off charger today at 6:26 am

Normal day of usage 4:36 pm 62% battery left.

DON'T WORRY.....
    10-23-11 03:37 PM
    Sell me that VZW 9930, jebulls.

Edit: Just read that you returned it. Shoot! I'd like a 9930 cheap.
    10-23-11 04:00 PM
    Sell me that VZW 9930, jebulls.

Edit: Just read that you returned it. Shoot! I'd like a 9930 cheap.
    yep phone was nice but battery life wasn't good enough and I think I need a change from bb basically.....
    10-23-11 08:25 PM
    Well I have had both so I will give you my input. They both are about the same actually me giving the slight lead to the 9930. The iPhone 4s should last you all day depending on your work load. I would say take a charger with you if your day is over 8 hours long though, or have a car charger. Just my input but the same went for me in the 9930 the batteries on OS7 aren't what they used to be by along shot.
    10-23-11 09:44 PM
    Iphone has a better battery. Good luck trying to take a decent pic with that 9930. VZ still has that overpriced piece at 249.99 w/contract.
    10-23-11 09:47 PM
    My 9900 was complete crap. Ever since I went to 7.0.0.440 it's been very good. .. better than my ip4s. In my iphone's defense... it's probably because I don't ever put it down. Another thing to note is that the ip4s charges faster than any phone I've ever used. It takes a normal amount of time to charge to 100% , but if you wanna do a quicky charge while you jump in the shower, you'll go from 20% to 50% before you know it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 09:59 PM
    My 9900 was complete crap. Ever since I went to 7.0.0.440 it's been very good. .. better than my ip4s. In my iphone's defense... it's probably because I don't ever put it down. Another thing to note is that the ip4s charges faster than any phone I've ever used. It takes a normal amount of time to charge to 100% , but if you wanna do a quicky charge while you jump in the shower, you'll go from 20% to 50% before you know it.

Yea lol. I swear if I put my iPhone 4 on the charge for 20 minutes it gains over 40% charge. It's unreal.

The same goes for my MacBook Pro lol.
    10-23-11 10:09 PM
    Yea lol. I swear if I put my iPhone 4 on the charge for 20 minutes it gains over 40% charge. It's unreal.

And what's great is that if you gain, say-- 30%.... it's real.
    Some phones give you what I like to call fluff.... They indicate a jump in batt power but drop abnormally fast when used. The 4S is stable after a quick charge.

10-24-11 09:43 PM
    And what's great is that if you gain, say-- 30%.... it's real.
    Some phones give you what I like to call fluff.... They indicate a jump in batt power but drop abnormally fast when used. The 4S is stable after a quick charge.

Exactly. It's one thing I have always liked about the iPhone.
    10-24-11 09:47 PM
    My iPhone 4s on sprint dies fast(like 5-10 hours) but it also charges fast too. And I've read that sprints iPhone doesn't last as long as Verizon or AT&T anyway so there's nothing I can really do
    10-25-11 02:55 AM

I noticed the same on my iPad. But it takes about 2 or 3 hours for a full charge at about 50%.
    10-25-11 09:11 AM
    My iPhone 4S gets about 6 hours usage and then however many hours standby. Not terribly impressive but whatever.
    10-25-11 09:32 AM
    My iPhone 4s on sprint dies fast(like 5-10 hours) but it also charges fast too. And I've read that sprints iPhone doesn't last as long as Verizon or AT&T anyway so there's nothing I can really do
    Interesting. I wonder if it has to do with VZW network having better signal strength.

I noticed the same on my iPad. But it takes about 2 or 3 hours for a full charge at about 50%.
    My device takes about 2 hours tops to charge from dead. I don't own an iPad so I wouldn't be able to compare.
    10-25-11 12:17 PM
    Isn't the battery bigger on the iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-25-11 01:55 PM
    Though I'm on a 4, I think my runtime is reasonable. But, so far, my lossless audio files aren't helping the runtime cause

10-25-11 01:56 PM
    Isn't the battery bigger on the iPad?

Supposed to be 5100 mah. But I was referring to the "fast charge". The "slow charge" after the "fast charge" is just that.
    10-25-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD