I have been somewhat happy with my storm 2 but it is time to move on. It looks like the I phone is really coming to Verizon. Couple of questions for a newbie. I assume I will have to manually add all my contact into the phone. Is there anything similar to Blackberry desktop for backing up everything. Also on BB I really l the Tether app. Does Iphone have anything similar? what other changes can I expect ie. emails. I use aol and gmail for my two email accounts. Any help would be appreciated. Also on another forum I asked about how to get my AOL emails on an Iphone (quickly). Answers were to forward the AOL emails. I have gone to AOL settings and can't find any way to forward the AOL emails to my Gmail account. This could be a deal breaker for me if I can't get my AOL emails quickly like I can with my BB. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
    01-09-11 04:11 PM
    I have been somewhat happy with my storm 2 but it is time to move on. It looks like the I phone is really coming to Verizon. Couple of questions for a newbie. I assume I will have to manually add all my contact into the phone. Is there anything similar to Blackberry desktop for backing up everything. Also on BB I really l the Tether app. Does Iphone have anything similar? what other changes can I expect ie. emails. I use aol and gmail for my two email accounts. Any help would be appreciated. Also on another forum I asked about how to get my AOL emails on an Iphone (quickly). Answers were to forward the AOL emails. I have gone to AOL settings and can't find any way to forward the AOL emails to my Gmail account. This could be a deal breaker for me if I can't get my AOL emails quickly like I can with my BB. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
    Check the thread you started over at TiPb, I posted some links for you there.
    01-09-11 04:31 PM
    Get a free gmail account and use google sync to copy your contacts to gmail and you can then sync to the iphone. Both the iphone and bb can sync to outlook on your computer as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 05:07 PM
    Thanks but your link was how to forward a Gmail to another account. I need to forward a AOL email to Gmail. Anybody know how to do that.

Check the thread you started over at TiPb, I posted some links for you there.
    01-09-11 06:43 PM
    Most web based email accounts allow you to save your address book and export it as a specific file...export it from AOL to GMail.
    01-09-11 09:52 PM
    Thanks but your link was how to forward a Gmail to another account. I need to forward a AOL email to Gmail. Anybody know how to do that.

you can add aol e-mail to your iphone i have the tab on mine i just check under mail, contacts , and calander
    01-10-11 09:00 AM
    Get a MAC computer...solves all problems.
    crackvegas78 likes this.
    01-11-11 09:33 AM
    Get a MAC computer...solves all problems.
    Best quote ever. Once you go Mac you never go back. LOL
    01-11-11 11:15 AM
    Just found out the Iphone is NOT global. I need a global phone- DARN!!!
    01-11-11 11:26 AM
    Just found out the Iphone is NOT global. I need a global phone- DARN!!!
    Not true, the ATT iPhone is global. That's the problem with VZW, they are CDMA so most of their phones are not global phones.
    01-11-11 12:25 PM
    What I should have said it that the Verizon Iphone is not global. I will just have to wait and see what is next.

Not true, the ATT iPhone is global. That's the problem with VZW, they are CDMA so most of their phones are not global phones.
    01-11-11 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD