I have figured it out there is no reason to get Iphone 98 percent of apps can be used
    With ipod touch and a jailbreak

There fore since the phone part of the iphone is pure crap
    Keep your BB and get an ipod touch!

For significantly less$ and no fees!

There you have it the cure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:34 AM
    Brilliant....

People have iphones to have a phone AND and ipod in one device.

This isnt exactly iphone related other than trying to tell people not to buy one and bash it. Please troll elsewhere
    Last edited by stuaw11; 08-01-09 at 07:40 AM.
    08-01-09 07:38 AM
    I have figured it out there is no reason to get Iphone 98 percent of apps can be used
    With ipod touch and a jailbreak

There fore since the phone part of the iphone is pure crap
    Keep your BB and get an ipod touch!

For significantly less$ and no fees!

There you have it the cure

Dude, seriously. You're giving the BB community a bad name. If they want an iPod that can make phone calls, then let them get one.

You and I like our BBs and they like their iPhones. That's the reason why the two companies are there!
    08-01-09 07:56 AM
    I love my berry and my iphone. But yeh i agree this does give the bb community a bad rep... I completely disagree about "your" fix.
    08-01-09 08:26 AM
    it does not give any rep to any one .. how many people on here have both phones ..

I simply don't care what you or anyone else says
    if you have a problem with me. get in touch
    I will set you straight. trust me.

I have tested iphone 3GS thoroughly and know
    all parts and services it can offer. IMHO is not
    worth the hype.

I really believe BB gives you more for the $

- the reason I mentioned this in first place is
    the phone part is cheap and apple did not care
    about it very much. They gave customers the
    minimum - and focused on apps instead.

I was thinking to avoid spending money on
    iphone, you can spend less on ipod and be
    done with having the apps to play with.

If you already have a BB
    08-01-09 11:24 AM
    BB does NOT give you more for the money. RIM gives you the same old boring, outdated OS in a new package. That's all it is. BIS is TERRIBLE compared to what other smartphones come with out of the box. If you want the "best" security, than go for a BB.

You have no cure for the iPhone. Believe it or not, people actually like the device. Just like people like their BBs.

The phone part is not cheap. I get great service everywhere I go. I also get no dropped/failed calls. The call quality is also exceptionally well. I have been completely satisfied with the 3GS since I have got it, I had more problems with the 3G, but the 3GS fixed these issues.
    08-01-09 04:19 PM
    the phone part is cheap and crap .. make no mistake

I am a mac user for the last 15 years .. this is not a mac / apple bash
    I know apple products very well and like them.

iphone 3GS has a very low ear volume even at maximum ..
    I expect more from apple .. - I think maybe I have worded this
    all wrong ..

I don't want anyone thinking I am anti apple .. its just that apple is a design
    company and well some details get left out in the process usually when
    they are making new things .. like iphone .. they get all excited at the
    fact that its doing well and get side tracked.

the iphone is very limited in phone area compared to BB Bold
    sound quality alone is a big problem .. I actually tested this last night
    all night and took this to test and the new 3.0.1 update as well.

apple as a whole is a excellent company .. I actually have been in contact
    with WOZ apple co founder at times over the years so .. chill back all

- I guess I get protective about the average user getting the best experience
    for least amount of money. Just Instinct ...

Blackberry happens to give you a lot of features within their OS which are pretty
    darn good. I like the Bold I have .. I have had 8310, 8900, 9000 Iphone 3GS, Ipod Touch

maybe if any apple crew read this stuff they will write a patch for the phone part to
    improve the GUI and options available

I can hear it now, who are you to judge how good it is or not .. well

I have a lengthy track record with Mac products 15 years and Cell phones
    Black berry and Apple iphone and sony products as well as Samsung, not to mention
    I am Web Admin 10 years plus GUI designer and system administrator. I am not lacking
    in experience or knowledge..

my interest here is the User experience - not my own happiness or not
    nor am I attempting to be holier than thou .. its as I mentioned :: USER EXPERIENCE and the Buck$

BB OS was never intended for Media - but apple has raised the bar so they are fighting to upgrade it
    to be compatible with Media which I am not sure they will be able to do.. Since apple is a Experienced
    Software company and OS developer and well its going to be a up hill battle. I wish RIM all the best though
    as well as Apple.
    Last edited by vx1; 08-01-09 at 05:21 PM.
    08-01-09 05:18 PM
    I simply don't care what you or anyone else says
    if you have a problem with me. get in touch
    I will set you straight. trust me.
    so how exactly will you set me straight?

i'm not exacatly sure where you get the idea that the phone part is crap. if you have crappy service in your area, thats one thing. but to say that they are crappy phones is just uneducated, uninformed,
    08-01-09 07:27 PM
    There is no application switiching

Volume in the ear piece is low

The ear speaker are too small

Sound from others is fine but always low but mic from main user
    Is good its pretty odd

08-01-09 07:55 PM
    And can't take critisim on a product that has issue, I am not saying bb is perfect
    But iphone got major probs

DONE - no more on this thread ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    you got some nerve, your the one that cant take critisim!!!!! you think that by starting this thread you were not going to get ripped apart. the iphone is a supurb device. so isnt the blackberry but they both have some issues. but for you to come out and say the iphone is crap
    08-01-09 08:20 PM
    While I do agree with your over-expressed opinion on the iphone I do think that the way you said it may **** people off. You must remember people on forums can get really touchy. Both the bb and iphone have qualities to envy over but I personally believe the bb is a better phone for more serious purposes and the iphone is better as a casual/avg. Consumer phone. Both dominate two different leagues. Whose better bulbasaur or squirtle.
    08-01-09 08:31 PM
    Why is it as of lately the BB users want to troll in here and bash the iphone. Insecurity because of a stagnant platform or what?

Funny thing is people say how "arrogant" and "stereotypical" iphone users are, when we arent the ones starting any trouble or trolling bashing your devices....
    This guy's the first one in here that I've personally seen. You visit the Storm's R&R section and you'll find many times more anti-Storm, anti-BB, or anti-RIM trolls who have no qualms about interjecting on any thread (rant or rave) to bash on the BB device at-hand and advertise the iPhone.

At least they're quarantined there...
    Last edited by Zipster; 08-01-09 at 10:08 PM.
    08-01-09 09:57 PM
    Hey! you can't compare Apples to Oranges so therefore you can't compare Apples to Blackberries. Everyone agree??
    Last edited by IZZY Dead; 08-02-09 at 12:15 AM. Reason: uh! ohh! Type O!
    08-02-09 12:14 AM
    Please name some problems for me... I know they have some and so do berries? but please enlighten me

And can't take critisim on a product that has issue, I am not saying bb is perfect
    But iphone got major probs

DONE - no more on this thread ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    08-02-09 02:50 PM
    This guy's the first one in here that I've personally seen. You visit the Storm's R&R section and you'll find many times more anti-Storm, anti-BB, or anti-RIM trolls who have no qualms about interjecting on any thread (rant or rave) to bash on the BB device at-hand and advertise the iPhone.

At least they're quarantined there...
    the thing that sucks is when your labeled a fan boy just because you beleive the opposite of the anti-rim folks....
    08-02-09 05:28 PM
    Please name some problems for me... I know they have some and so do berries? but please enlighten me
    Truth is new technology will always have issues. The problem is the consumers of these companies tend to think like the creators. Apples consumers want a fun device(more power to them) and apple likes to think that they are perfect and never make mistakes hence how apple fanboys got the way the got. RIM users on the other hand are always thinking ahead into the future example: os leaks, major speculation buzz, picture leaks, video leaks. Just something I noticed don't flame me for it if you don't agree. Rim accepts their fck ups and apple doesn't....let's see who stands strong in the longrun. As we continue to complain about our phones RIM continues to fix the things we complain about am I not right?(app world, colorbanding, better surepress, better copy and paste, non-freezing media player etc.) apple on the other hand fixes things at their own time and doesn't admit to their being a problem. Who has the better mind set to last longer in the market? Ill let you decide. I don't feel like getting links right now to back up my claims.

An apple time line

2005- Lawyer: Apple ‘ignored obvious defects’ with iPod nano | iLounge News

2006- Concurring Opinions � Is Apple Exploiting Consumer Irrationality?

2007- The Apple Store: Where Intelligent People Go to Die | Technosailor.com

2008- When Consumers Approach Apple About iPhone Issues, Apple Pretends It Sees Someone It Knows And Slinks Away

2009- iPodNN | iPhone 3G catches fire in Europe, burns car seat

And

Attention iPhone Owners: If Your iPhone Overheats It’s Your Fault (Currently) | BestTechie.net

And

http://sitemaster.com.au/iphone/appl...s-up-fake-one/

Oops I slipped.
    Bye.

*Disclaimer: This post was not originally inteded for this thread, the comments about iPhone fanboys has nothing to do with ALL iphone users. This was originally in a rants n raves section and I just copied and posted it here to answer your question. BOTH phones have issues, but there are things about apple and its company that keeps me away from them.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 08-02-09 at 05:36 PM.
    08-02-09 05:30 PM
    i think that it was just completely random. i mean if it was someone that uses the iphone then there is a reason for them to bring up problems with it but this knucklehead uses a blackberry and is just here to causes problems
    08-02-09 05:33 PM
    i think that it was just completely random. i mean if it was someone that uses the iphone then there is a reason for them to bring up problems with it but this knucklehead uses a blackberry and is just here to causes problems
    understand where your coming from. There just alot of mixed emotion with blackberry and iPhone because they are both running the phone market side by side, yet TWO completely different worlds. So this is a really unique VS because there will never fully be a whose better. That is because RIM and Apple are two really popular companies and have a distinct brand image compared to other phone companies. It is hard to compare whose better, Charmeleon or Warturtle. One is better at the water world, and the other is better at fire stuff. Warturtle cant compare to charmeleons fire abilies, and charmeleon cant compare to warturtles water abilities.

Im sorry for bringing up pokemon. No I am not a little kid anymore but that doesnt mean I cant use them as an example.
    08-02-09 05:45 PM
    Truth is new technology will always have issues. The problem is the consumers of these companies tend to think like the creators. Apples consumers want a fun device(more power to them) and apple likes to think that they are perfect and never make mistakes hence how apple fanboys got the way the got. RIM users on the other hand are always thinking ahead into the future example: os leaks, major speculation buzz, picture leaks, video leaks. Just something I noticed don't flame me for it if you don't agree. Rim accepts their fck ups and apple doesn't....let's see who stands strong in the longrun. As we continue to complain about our phones RIM continues to fix the things we complain about am I not right?(app world, colorbanding, better surepress, better copy and paste, non-freezing media player etc.) apple on the other hand fixes things at their own time and doesn't admit to their being a problem. Who has the better mind set to last longer in the market? Ill let you decide. I don't feel like getting links right now to back up my claims.
    i kind of understand your post, BUT.....an os leak is not rim thinking ahead its somone taking something that isnt ready to be put out yet and using it. apple also has major specualtion buzz, heck just into its third phone and the hype was tremndous! picture leaks and video leaks are kinda the same, apple has them, but doesnt have such a huge variety of different phones, there isnt going to be as much coming out from them. and i agree and give rim credit for fixing the issues in their phones. but they do it on their time as well. look at the issue of not being able to store apps on a memory card and only the measly application memory they give you. apple is relativily new to the whole phone game. and considering that its surpassed some of the longstanding phone companys to me speaks a lot. think of where they will be in a few years as compared to where they are now.

rim and apple are like ford and chevy. some are die hard lovers of each brand. and they can always find something wrong with the other. the truth of the matter is that both are perfectly fine in their own right, and it all comes down to choice.
    08-02-09 06:47 PM
    they are deffinitly completely different companies. that is why there is no way for anyone to compare them. it would be like trying to compare a big pickup truck to a small earth friendly car. it aint going to happen.
    08-02-09 07:55 PM
    I agree I love my berry and Iphone

An apple time line

2005- Lawyer: Apple �ignored obvious defects� with iPod nano | iLounge News

2006- Concurring Opinions � Is Apple Exploiting Consumer Irrationality?

2007- The Apple Store: Where Intelligent People Go to Die | Technosailor.com

2008- When Consumers Approach Apple About iPhone Issues, Apple Pretends It Sees Someone It Knows And Slinks Away

2009- iPodNN | iPhone 3G catches fire in Europe, burns car seat

And

Attention iPhone Owners: If Your iPhone Overheats It�s Your Fault (Currently) | BestTechie.net

And

http://sitemaster.com.au/iphone/appl...s-up-fake-one/

Oops I slipped.
    Bye.

*Disclaimer: This post was not originally inteded for this thread, the comments about iPhone fanboys has nothing to do with ALL iphone users. This was originally in a rants n raves section and I just copied and posted it here to answer your question. BOTH phones have issues, but there are things about apple and its company that keeps me away from them.
    08-02-09 07:59 PM
    Yeah the storm has been called worse things than a toy. I mean this should all be open discussion. The only problems I had when it came to an iphone person saying negative things was when it became out of context and intentional to **** people off. I have not seen one comment that says the iphone is a POS.
    08-03-09 02:34 AM
    Yeah educate him rather than down him for his beleif
    08-03-09 03:07 AM
    Guys, please keep it civil and avoid personal attacks. Debate the products, not the users.

No more warnings here, if offensive posting continues we will consider suitable action to persuade the offenders to change their habits.
    08-03-09 05:23 AM
    I have the Storm and I just bought an Ipod touch for the multimedia capabilities. Better choice of games to. Will be getting Phase 10 when it arrives this week.

If RIM would develop a great all-in-one product than no one would need a choice.
    08-03-09 07:36 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD