I have figured it out there is no reason to get Iphone 98 percent of apps can be used
    With ipod touch and a jailbreak

There fore since the phone part of the iphone is pure crap
    Keep your BB and get an ipod touch!

For significantly less$ and no fees!

There you have it the cure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'd rather pay an extra $30/month not to have to carry around two bulky devices in my pocket.
    08-03-09 09:06 AM
    There is no reason to lock the thread. Every time a thread comes up claiming the iPhone is terrible or something some mod closes the thread. Obviously, the issue is an ongoing discussion and its ridiculous to force people to have to open up a new thread every time they wish to discuss the issue.
    You can say the iPhone is bad as much as you want, I can care less keep the thread open. It's when people start to instigate things get out of hand. When you come in here making completely obvious that you are here to make fun of a device is when things get out of hand (not saying it's you). Like I said, discussion is fine, harassment isn't.

08-03-09 09:19 AM
    It's funny how people come on these threads and tell others what they should do. If those thoughts were your opinion why didn't you just keep them to yourself. I am pretty sure that iPhone user's are aware that they can just buy an Ipod Touch and have their BB as well. I don't think anybody needs you to come here and let them know what their choices are lol.
    08-03-09 09:22 AM
    I thought I asked you two to take "your" problems to PM?
    08-03-09 12:16 PM
    Yeah because I want to carry around two device instead of having one that DOES WHAT I NEED IT TO DO. If that's the case then everyone should be walking around with 2 devices because no 1 device doesn't what we NEED to it do. Of course every device has it's shortcomings but if I can find MOST of what I need in 1 device, no need to carry 2.
    08-03-09 12:24 PM
    While you did not use the words "shut up," you demanded the thread be closed which is censorship and the very equivalent of saying "shut up" so yes, you defacto did say "shut up."

I've noticed a pattern here and I don't believe it's an accident. When any thread is put up here that is not 1000% flattering to the iPhone, a handful of regulars pop up and scream TROLL and fill the thread with off-topic arguments so mods have no choice but to close the thread. It's very interesting. I believe it is intentional.

Incorrect use of the phrase 'de facto'.

I think the "phone" portion of the iPhone is very good in that the iPhone integrates contact info (names, phones, addresses) better with the phone's Contact List and other native apps (maps, etc) than the Blackberry OS does.

For instance, on an iPhone, if a contact emails me a new phone number, all I have to do is click the number and then click "add to existing contact" and choose the contact to amend.

With the Blackberry OS, I would have to copy the phone number (a chore in itself, even with the new copy/paste feature), switch to my contact list, and edit the contact manually. Otherwise, it would create a duplicate entry. Efficient design is all about allowing the user to intuitively use fewer keystrokes/button pushes to accomplish the same task, and for me the Blackberry did not seem as efficient in these tasks as the iPhone. The Blackberry was definitely more efficient in some areas, though.

I also like the voicemail feature of the iPhone that shows in a menu who left a voicemail and allows me to more easily listen to and delete voicemails than having to call *86 on Verizon and delete voicemails thru a keypad prompt.

The "Favorites" feature is also a decent feature on the iPhone that I *believe* is not present on the Blackberry. I don't use it often, but it is nice to have if you call the same number a lot (wife/husband/child, etc).

And of course, it goes without saying, I vastly prefer to carry one device with me as compared to a Blackberry and an iPod touch.

Perhaps there needs to be a "iPhone Rants and Raves Subforum" where people can hang out and bash or praise the iPhone as they see fit.
    Last edited by mdude85; 08-03-09 at 12:46 PM.
    08-03-09 12:39 PM
    I like this thread....because there's something different about this one compared to previous threads of this nature. For the first time a select few people of both sides of the fence can come together and maturely admit that there are trolls from both sides(some in here) and issues and differences between the two the leave them JUST comparable that is it. There is no ring champion. Any post that I have previously posted pulling up links was suppose to correlate with the discussion at hand hoping that those who are still lacking maturity wouldn't flip it around. I admit I like debate, but that doesn't mean every debate has to end with "I'm still better than you". We are each entitled our own opinions and those opinions should be respected regardless of your opposing belief. So let's leave the POS's and the _____ sucks out of areas of the forum where it would obviously rile people up. There is a proper way to debate and factually "crush your opponent" rather than spit out psychotic words. MODS why don't your create a debate section. Everything shouldn't always be dumped in rants or raves. We need a section for diff. Phones to come together and not feel like your in my territory vice versa. I have been banned twice in the past so I understand.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 08-03-09 at 12:55 PM.
    08-03-09 12:46 PM
    And of course, it goes without saying, I vastly prefer to carry one device with me as compared to a Blackberry and an iPod touch.
    Actually this pretty much summarizes everything into one logical conclusion. No one is going to carry two devices. The concept is silly. The reason why Apple and RIM include media players in their devices is so you won't have to carry two different devices.
    08-03-09 12:54 PM
    Actually this pretty much summarizes everything into one logical conclusion. No one is going to carry two devices. The concept is silly. The reason why Apple and RIM include media players in their devices is so you won't have to carry two different devices.
    It doesn't really "summarize everything into one logical conclusion". Not having to carry two devices is just one of several reasons why I prefer an iPhone over the combination of a Blackberry and an iPod touch. I mentioned a few others in my above post.

Another reason is that if I use an app that takes advantage of phone number listings (e.g., Yelp, UrbanSpoon, or pretty much any other yellowpages/listings type app) I would have to copy the number from the iPod and paste it into the Blackberry. Another obvious reason why you would want apps that display phone numbers to be located on a device capable of making phone calls instead of just a device with Wifi.

On the other hand, I thought the call quality on my Blackberry was a little better than on the iPhone. I'm not sure if mere call quality is a reason to carry two devices, though.
    08-03-09 12:58 PM
    Debate is ok, phone bashing or defending is ok too, what is NOT ok is attacking each other.

Just play nice folks that's all we ask.
    08-03-09 01:20 PM
    Incorrect use of the phrase 'de facto'.

I think the "phone" portion of the iPhone is very good in that the iPhone integrates contact info (names, phones, addresses) better with the phone's Contact List and other native apps (maps, etc) than the Blackberry OS does.

For instance, on an iPhone, if a contact emails me a new phone number, all I have to do is click the number and then click "add to existing contact" and choose the contact to amend.

With the Blackberry OS, I would have to copy the phone number (a chore in itself, even with the new copy/paste feature), switch to my contact list, and edit the contact manually. Otherwise, it would create a duplicate entry. Efficient design is all about allowing the user to intuitively use fewer keystrokes/button pushes to accomplish the same task, and for me the Blackberry did not seem as efficient in these tasks as the iPhone. The Blackberry was definitely more efficient in some areas, though.

I also like the voicemail feature of the iPhone that shows in a menu who left a voicemail and allows me to more easily listen to and delete voicemails than having to call *86 on Verizon and delete voicemails thru a keypad prompt.

The "Favorites" feature is also a decent feature on the iPhone that I *believe* is not present on the Blackberry. I don't use it often, but it is nice to have if you call the same number a lot (wife/husband/child, etc).

Perhaps there needs to be a "iPhone Rants and Raves Subforum" where people can hang out and bash or praise the iPhone as they see fit.
    It would be nice to have the new number to an existing contact. But the copy / paste isn't a chore.

The BB OS automatically picks out phone numbers and the like. You just have to tap it to select the number. Simple.
    08-03-09 01:41 PM
    One of the major reason why i keep with the Blackberry is that the speakerphone is way too low.
    08-04-09 11:55 AM
    Why is it as of lately the BB users want to troll in here and bash the iphone. Insecurity because of a stagnant platform or what?

I'm all for you having your opinions and views, but did you happen to forget what website you are on?
    08-08-09 12:46 AM
    I'm all for you having your opinions and views, but did you happen to forget what website you are on?
    And did BB users forget what sub-forum they are in? Kevin/CrackBerry didn't create the iPhone forums so BB users can come in and bash the iPhone. They bash it enough already in the BB forums. Leave it there, keep the peace in here. (Not saying you are doing it, just in general).
    08-08-09 12:55 PM
    Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? I would have shut it down long ago.
    What is it in this Apple forum with these people screaming for censorship all day long? I've hung around CrackBerry for awhile and you never see this behavior anywhere else here. Just here in this Apple page.

And God forbid anyone should dare question anything Apple does and the cries to lock threads and shut off posts become deafening.

What exactily is it with the people who hang out here on the Apple page? Is this 3G iPhone such a totally weak POS that even the slightest question about it requires lockdowns and censorship?

Hope you read this post quickly. One of the mods here deletes my posts all the time. Yet another example of outrageous censorship on this page.
    08-09-09 07:29 PM
    Strange, a quick scan of this thread shows you have only one deleted post. Deleted by... berryite. In any case, if the moderators delete posts it will be for rules compliance not censorship.

08-09-09 09:47 PM

Last time I checked this website was called "Crackberry.com" and not "BashiPhone.com". Owning a Blackberry does not entitle anyone to make defamatory comments about a competing phone.
    08-10-09 10:21 AM
    Last time I checked this website was called "Crackberry.com" and not "BashiPhone.com". Owning a Blackberry does not entitle anyone to make defamatory comments about a competing phone.
    Another member noted that the OP hasn't always behaved as constructively as he might have. That's unfortunate if true.

I do know that there seems to be quite a bit of trying to hide any weakness the iPhone may have and discouraging open conversation about this product by some Apple zealots.

This site should not be bashiphne.com nor shoulf it be ApplesPRdepartment.com either.

08-10-09 12:40 PM
    Another member noted that the OP hasn't always behaved as constructively as he might have. That's unfortunate if true.

I do know that there seems to be quite a bit of trying to hide any weakness the iPhone may have and discouraging open conversation about this product by some Apple zealots.

This site should not be bashiphne.com nor shoulf it be ApplesPRdepartment.com either.

The fact that the OP claimed "the phone part of the iphone is pure crap" and yet this thread has not yet been shut down is a testament to the encouragment of open conversation.
    08-10-09 01:12 PM
    I receive superb and FAST 3G reception, clear .. crystal.. iPhone has the BEST OS bar NONE, BB OS is a complete utter joke! iPhone is again the best physically built smartphone in the market. I have no idea what the OP is talking about other than wanting to start a fire storm. Let him rant.. who cares.. I am a business person and the iPhone works great for me.. push email, contacts.. call quality.. it just works!
    08-10-09 01:45 PM
    What is it in this Apple forum with these people screaming for censorship all day long? I've hung around CrackBerry for awhile and you never see this behavior anywhere else here. Just here in this Apple page.

And God forbid anyone should dare question anything Apple does and the cries to lock threads and shut off posts become deafening.

What exactily is it with the people who hang out here on the Apple page? Is this 3G iPhone such a totally weak POS that even the slightest question about it requires lockdowns and censorship?

Hope you read this post quickly. One of the mods here deletes my posts all the time. Yet another example of outrageous censorship on this page.
    It's not the Apple forums my friend. No one is screaming censorship. We just know when things take the wrong turn and get out of hand. You posting saying how you think the iPhone is a joke, in the iPhone forum is just asking for a nasty response and that is instigating. Notice what happens when BB start to get bashed in the normal BB forums, threads get locked. Not in here until enough people bring it to the attention of the mods.

It has been said before, we are open for discussion, but when people make it blatantly obvious they are trying to start something, that is when the line is crossed. You might call it censorship, I call it keeping the peace and preventing people from getting banned.
    08-10-09 05:13 PM
    The fact that the OP claimed "the phone part of the iphone is pure crap" and yet this thread has not yet been shut down is a testament to the encouragment of open conversation.
    I would have worded the sentiment a tad bit more professionally but facts are that one of the senior mods has already weighed in here on this and ruled that that type of thing is not against the rules. What is troublessome is how many here believe having that opinion and daring to share it is grounds for locking a thread and censoring open discussion about a technology tool.

08-10-09 05:40 PM
    Half the BB users have never used an iPhone. But they sure are quick at grasping for straws. What was the point of coming into this thread again OP?
    08-10-09 06:14 PM
    Avt123 & berryite, take it to PM please.

Folks,

I deleted a bunch of posts that were Off Topic, or bordering on personal attacks. I'm gonna TRY reopening this topic, because there has been some intellient debate also, IF we can stick to that we'll be fine. AGAIN I remind you debate the phones, support your points, BUT don't NOT attack each other. Remember.......

.....from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    08-11-09 07:41 AM
    Folks,

Let me weigh in on the topic also. While I have an ipod touch and a BB Storm, and I feel this CAN be a good combination (or any other BB), I find that since I got the Storm I do not use the touch much anymore. Except maybe as a gaming platform. I guess that make me more in line with those who feel it's better to have 1 device that does it all, and the iphone, especially the 3GS is a great device for just that purpose. The Storm is also. Other multimedia BB are good for this purpose too, like the Bold and the Curve 8900.

EDIT: I decided to edit the topic and make it more geared to wards the interesting debate this (with a few missteps) has become!
    08-11-09 07:46 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD