01-02-11 12:56 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Made the switch, use my mobile device primarily for work and messaging, and have thoroughly enjoyed the switch. The only productivity loss with the change is on my own volition.

The iPhone does everything for me that the Blackberry did, and more. Just as efficiently.
    12-27-10 09:37 AM
    To be fair..I did also try the iPhone 2G, one of my friends had it and I also decided stick with my BB 8330 instead. That time was a different era and different phones to compare. Right now the situation is different, and while some may want the BB no matter what is out there, I can understand it. BUT..the iPhone 4 can't be compared anyhow to Iphone 2G , neither the 3GS. It's not the ultimate phone, neither supreme in many things, but again..you were talking about the iPhone 2G and I think it's necessary to mention, that the iphones are not same and 2008 was 2 years ago.
    Of course, but I can get a Bold 9700 for half the price I could get an iPhone 4. And after owning an iPhone for 2 years and 4 months + most of my friends having iPhones, I've outgrown it.
    12-28-10 05:43 AM
    Unless you have a use for a specific BB feature (eg. BES, physical keyboard, constant FB or Twitter alerts), I would recommend the i4. Aside from notifications, i4 is pretty much better at everything else.
    Why is this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 06:15 AM
    Why is this?

web browsing, threaded emails, video calls, app store (lets be real.. bb's is a joke), not to mention the cost of apps are cheaper in apples, camera, hd video, the retina , very user friendly UI

Am I forgetting anything lol ? anyone ?
    12-28-10 10:17 AM
    I meant: why are notifications better on a BlackBerry?

12-28-10 10:18 AM

ohh lol i just think being able to define the notification options, different tones for different emails, same for being able to pick tones for whatever users you choose

Which I think Apple will address with a OS update eventually, when they can integrate into their OS correctly, which lets face it, even when a OS has had a few bugs, they've addressed our needs pretty fast when it comes to bugs, so they'll want to get it right... bet it appears in iOS 5
    12-28-10 11:04 AM
    Push notifications have made great strides in the last 6 mo or so with apps, and as for push email, no worries, you'll want an iPhone after using your iPod touch enough, it's happened to a few of my friends... lol
    I definitely have noticed the push notifications on the apps work pretty well, still not as good as the blinking red light The browser and app selection on the ipod definitely is better. As of right now I still like my blackberry as my primary device, but when my contract with sprint is up in August who knows.
    12-30-10 08:34 AM

The main reason is the LED indicator. Being able to use an app like Who Is It? So contacts have their own color letting you see who is contacting you without picking up the phone.

12-30-10 10:37 AM
    Another thing... Go post this bb vs iphone stuff in another part of the forum and the answers will go the other way.

I hate to pit them together myself... The experience is just different so its a matter of what you prefer.

12-30-10 10:39 AM
    ^ i love the who is it app on my Torch..
    and having an ipod touch 4G...makes me feel i have the Best Combination..
    and both device under $500.
    01-02-11 12:56 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD