Kinda odd, experienced the exact opposite with the Torch.

Mine also. Lol. I am waiting for the 9780 to release on AT&T.
    11-26-10 03:04 PM
    (3) the must superior photos & videos taken on the Torch - side-by-side comparisons were very sad for the iphone
    I think this alone says all about the credibility of this person. The iphone 4 camera has proven time and time and test and test again to be probably THE best cell phone camera out right now even regardless of megapixel size.

And BB cameras have always been so-so for a camera phone.
    11-26-10 03:51 PM
    Mine also. Lol. I am waiting for the 9780 to release on AT&T.
    I would waste my money if I was you. Its a 9700 with a slightly higher MP camera and some more RAM, thats all.
    11-26-10 03:53 PM
    If you love BB's keyboard and it's notification system then I say get a bb. If not get the iPhone 4...it's superior in almost every other way.....
    11-26-10 08:27 PM
    AT&T only allows you one return in 30 days, and I used it on the first phone which had burned out pixels in the display and counted as my only return.
    I'm not sure who told you that, but that is not AT&T's policy. You can return as many times as necessary in your 30 day window.
    11-27-10 10:26 AM
    I would waste my money if I was you. Its a 9700 with a slightly higher MP camera and some more RAM, thats all.

Thanks for the advice! I listened! Purchase another 9700 and saved myself a couple hundred dollars. As much as I wanted the latest bb, it made no sense to pay full price for a phone with minimal upgrades.

I have no plans to sell my iPhone 4 as of right now. It's a gorgeous phone and offers some cool apps and features. And I have no regrets with purchasing and using it the last few months. I would recommend it to anyone considering it for their next phone.

My reasons for going back to a bb are simple; work will be paying a portion of the bill, notifications and keyboard.
    12-05-10 12:09 PM
    Thanks for the advice! I listened! Purchase another 9700 and saved myself a couple hundred dollars. As much as I wanted the latest bb, it made no sense to pay full price for a phone with minimal upgrades.

I have no plans to sell my iPhone 4 as of right now. It's a gorgeous phone and offers some cool apps and features. And I have no regrets with purchasing and using it the last few months. I would recommend it to anyone considering it for their next phone.

My reasons for going back to a bb are simple; work will be paying a portion of the bill, notifications and keyboard.
    Congratulations on your decision..
    i just find it uneasy for you to recommend an iphone when you recently purchased a 9700
    it's like... "i Highly recommend an Accord... but i love driving the Camry more."
    12-05-10 12:33 PM
    A recommendation is just a recommendation. I chose the iPhone based on my needs at the time. My needs have changed. With work subsidizing a portion of my phone bill, it was easier to make the decision to swap back to bb.

I would recommend an Ashton Martin, Porsche, and a 1956 corvette to someone also, but it doesnt mean it's the best fit for their situation. They all drive and are nice vehicles, but....You get my drift. I could also recommend the bb 9700 after I purchase the iPhone. Am I not allowed to offer an opinion? I owned the torch 9800 and hated it. You don't see me recommending that phone to anyone.

I like my iPhone 4. Hated the 3G and 3GS though.
    12-05-10 01:12 PM
    The only thing that the 3GS really lacks is battery life, when I left the debacled storm series in Dec of last year in favor of a 3GS... WOW... I missed the iPhone, as I was a original 2G user back in 2007 but anyways the point is.. about 3 months ago or whatever is was I added my number to an old friends Torch and I was like WTF is this ?!?! it took me 10 mins to figure out how to add my damn number.... as I used just about every BB model big red phone made in the 2 years I was with them

I don't see how the Torch is superior to the i4 in any way shape or form, matter of fact, I had the same reaction when I went back to Windows after having my Mac for a few months lol
    12-06-10 08:24 AM
    I started with the BB then moved to the iphone4 then missed the bbm and the better email handling so now I keep the ip4 at home and use it when I get bored of the bb.

The ip4 is a far better device though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 08:47 PM
    Using iPhone 2G since 2008 September. Switched my iPhone for a Curve 8530 for like a month with friend and quite fell in love with the BB ( was bored of the iPhone before the switch too and wanted something new ) and currently searching for a Bol 9700 ( they don't sell BB's officially in my country, so have to buy through eBay ).
    12-15-10 08:19 AM
    Depends on your needs really. Some people need buttons some people don't.
    12-20-10 11:36 AM
    I came from an iPhone 3GS to my torch and don't regret my decision at all. Why? I love the physical keyboard because I send a ton of texts and emails in one day. The touch screen is also nice and same with OS 6. Plus, I never liked the multitasking on the iPhone.

But in the end, your comparing apples and oranges IMO.
    Blackberry is more targetted to consumers who send many texts and emails on a daily basis, and an iPhone is more or less a media phone (games, ipod, etc).

I love both devices, but I'd just settle for the best of both worlds and get a BB and an iTouch in the end, because I can't get my hands away from my BB

12-21-10 10:39 PM
    Using iPhone 2G since 2008 September. Switched my iPhone for a Curve 8530 for like a month with friend and quite fell in love with the BB ( was bored of the iPhone before the switch too and wanted something new ) and currently searching for a Bol 9700 ( they don't sell BB's officially in my country, so have to buy through eBay ).
    To be fair..I did also try the iPhone 2G, one of my friends had it and I also decided stick with my BB 8330 instead. That time was a different era and different phones to compare. Right now the situation is different, and while some may want the BB no matter what is out there, I can understand it. BUT..the iPhone 4 can't be compared anyhow to Iphone 2G , neither the 3GS. It's not the ultimate phone, neither supreme in many things, but again..you were talking about the iPhone 2G and I think it's necessary to mention, that the iphones are not same and 2008 was 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-21-10 at 11:20 PM.
    12-21-10 11:18 PM
    I really love my BB, but at the same time I love a lot of things that the iphone can do. I think if I went to an iphone I would miss the physical keyboard, push notifications, and bbm, so I don't want to leave that behind. That being said I wish I could do some of the fun things that the iphone can do. So I've just decided to get an ipod touch. Does a lot of those fun things, and I don't have to give up my BB, plus I don't have to switch to ATT. You would say I would have to carry two devices, but I won't be taking the ipod everywhere. Dont' need it with me all the time.
    12-23-10 11:55 AM
    I really love my BB, but at the same time I love a lot of things that the iphone can do. I think if I went to an iphone I would miss the physical keyboard, push notifications, and bbm, so I don't want to leave that behind. That being said I wish I could do some of the fun things that the iphone can do. So I've just decided to get an ipod touch. Does a lot of those fun things, and I don't have to give up my BB, plus I don't have to switch to ATT. You would say I would have to carry two devices, but I won't be taking the ipod everywhere. Dont' need it with me all the time.
    Push notifications have made great strides in the last 6 mo or so with apps, and as for push email, no worries, you'll want an iPhone after using your iPod touch enough, it's happened to a few of my friends... lol
    12-23-10 12:20 PM

The app store is not very impressive to me, as most apps I've tried have let me down (can't find a good barcode scanner, Words With Friends needs my phone to be restarted every time it launches, DocsToGo doesn't work right for $15, etc...) There are no fantastic apps that cannot be found on BB or Android.

I can't wait for my next upgrade. AT&T only allows you one return in 30 days, and I used it on the first phone which had burned out pixels in the display and counted as my only return.

This is the biggest load of crap I've EVER heard lol
    12-23-10 12:32 PM
    Let me preface this with 'I HATE MY STORM'. The Storm was my first and LAST blackberry phone ever and after having owned an iPad for 5 months, I cannot see myself getting anything other than the iPhone for Verizon. The day I make the switch I will do something very bad to this piece of crap Storm.
    12-23-10 12:40 PM
    Let me preface this with 'I HATE MY STORM'. The Storm was my first and LAST blackberry phone ever and after having owned an iPad for 5 months, I cannot see myself getting anything other than the iPhone for Verizon. The day I make the switch I will do something very bad to this piece of crap Storm.

Idk where you're located, but I honestly do not miss Verizon that much, it miss it back in my hometown where it's Edge and not 3G but it's Mayberry RFD lol but I'm wifi every where there almost anyways so I could care less about there

I do give ATT credit for making their network better this year, I see 3G coverage areas here and around Cleveland and long drives to Pittsburgh for one instance where it's constantly 3G the whole way even out in the sticks

I jumped Dec 16, of 2009 to a 3GS and ATT and haven't looked back since... Glad I made the jump and my bill is cheaper lol go figure

just my .02
    12-23-10 02:56 PM
    Choosing a phone isn't the easiest task anymore. There are so many options. I have been through so many devices in the last year it isn't funny. But I have always come back to BB. Because at the end of the day, I do a lot more talking, emailing, and texting than I do anything else
    This. This basically sums up why I am still using a BB. I tried both Android (3 of them) and the iPhone (just the 4). All of them were nice, and I loved all the apps I could use on them.

But what I noticed was that the really core apps I PERSONALLY used--with the exception of the Google Docs support on Docs to Go--were pretty much available on all three platforms.

Also, like dwayne said, 80% of the time, I use the phone for talking, e-mailing, texting, or viewing/editing documents. And I can get through messages, e-mails, and documents much faster on my BB thanks to shortcuts on the keyboard. In addition, the trackpad + keyboard combo makes document editing so much easier. I fear the day I have to edit Word documents on an iPhone or an Android. Selecting segments of the texts can be a complete nightmare thanks to my large fingers.

So as dwayne put it (and very well at that), I keep coming back to BB. If your main use is for e-mail (and I'm talking a serious number of e-mails a day), messaging, and document-viewing/-editing, BB IMHO is still the best choice around. And honestly, the browser with the Torch is actually quite good. I'm satisfied.
    12-24-10 06:16 PM
    And I can get through messages, e-mails, and documents much faster on my BB thanks to shortcuts on the keyboard. In addition, the trackpad + keyboard combo makes document editing so much easier.
    Fair enough..I like my flashing red light on my Torch too, while the iPhone , the notification is only appearing for about 2 seconds and then goes away, nothing is reminding me that someone sent me or wrote me something.

I fear the day I have to edit Word documents on an iPhone or an Android. Selecting segments of the texts can be a complete nightmare thanks to my large fingers.
    I don't. I wish BB would have a phone with such a clean and sharp screen like the iPhone or the Droid X has. Although selecting texts on a touchscreen might look challenging first, but after trying a couple of times, it gets better and it works, especially with the magnifying glass that pops up while holding down on the text to be selected.

So as dwayne put it (and very well at that), I keep coming back to BB. If your main use is for e-mail (and I'm talking a serious number of e-mails a day), messaging, and document-viewing/-editing, BB IMHO is still the best choice around
    Precision selection, yes, the trackpad (or trackball) is definitely a winner.

And honestly, the browser with the Torch is actually quite good.
    Compared to OS5 or phones from 2 years ago, yes, OS6 is an improvement. Compared to the other phones, currently available it's mediocre at best.
    12-24-10 08:11 PM
    I made the switch from a Tour to an iPhone, just a couple of days ago. Missing the quick testing abilities of the BB but loving the games, apps and everything else about the iPhone. Don't have to worry about new OS betas or anything anymore it just works.

12-26-10 10:07 AM
    I made the switch from a Tour to an iPhone, just a couple of days ago. Missing the quick testing abilities of the BB but loving the games, apps and everything else about the iPhone. Don't have to worry about new OS betas or anything anymore it just works.

it's the other thing that bothered me. First, maybe it's fun or exciting downloading beta updates..but after a while it gotten to me. "Maybe they did fix something, maybe they didn't..Maybe i shouldn't install this..maybe I'm gonna screw up the phone...and some things are still broken, or they added more problems...I ended up re installing whatever 'recommended" official version at the end of the day and wasted several hours screwing around and I was at the same spot where I started, with the same operating system I had before.
    12-27-10 02:09 AM
    In my opinion, most work = BB... and most fun = iPhone and Android.
    12-27-10 02:17 AM
    Looks like the OP forgot about this thread, haha... but that's okay, because it's still really helpful. I've got a Tour and and am crossing my fingers that in Q1 Verizon gets an iPhone. I've got an iPod Touch (1st Gen too) and I am still able to be more productive on that than my BB. I'd love my BB if it would just WORK. I'm fed up with faulty trackballs, buggy OSes that randomly restart, my phone freezing, etc. etc. Just the other day I took a picture of my adorable kitty sitting in a box, and when I tried to send it to Facebook the option was GONE from the menu. Nowhere to be found! I'm on my fifth Tour and am a year and a half into my plan and am STILL under warranty... that says something. I'm sick of dealing with it, and come April, when my NE2 hits, I'm leaving Blackberry I just can't take this, it's as unproductive as you can get.

This thread is really helpful when figuring out whether I want an iPhone or not... especially if the Big Red doesn't end up getting one. VZW has the WORST phones, except the Androids are decent, and it might be time to swap out... AT&T is very strong in my area...

Still crossing my fingers that VZW does end up getting the iPhone Thanks for the info guys and gals! It's really helpful.
    12-27-10 09:21 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD