finally made the swtich to the iphone! Enjoying it so far, no major problems or anything. I unlocked the phone through Blackra1n, and installed cydia and snow to unlock it. Really simple for the most part, instead of paying someone to unlock, just take your time and read information about it.
    Had alittle trouble with the wifi on first tempt of installing the software. Once that was fixed everything is going well.
    Speed isnt the best considering Im using a local carrier on edge network. Once on wifi I its GREAT! The ability to change themes is really nice with cydia, but for now Im still getting use to it all. Great service on local carrier on calling, clairity is good as well. Overall Im happy with the switch plus Im saving money. Long term for the most part, dont think I will be getting rid of this phone till it craps out on me.
    cost..craigslist 3g iphone 16gb @$260...phone excellent condition
    bargain at this price, was able to talk the seller down
    carrier: cincybell 500min unlimited text & data $46 plus tax
    no contracts!

coming from a previous blackberry, I really enjoyed using the blackberry. Keyboard was really nice, as for the iphone loving their keyboard as well. BB is excellent for business, the iphone well there are plenty of apps for it, just find what you need. Had sprint on the bb not a fan of besides their pricing, service is so so in areas.
    01-24-10 08:26 AM
    Don't feel bad. I paid 460 for mine, but the phone was brand new and ulocked with the lastest firmware. Also the phone has 90 days warranty since it was a replacement for a locked up phone and the person had already bought a 32gb 3gs.
    Last edited by SoxfaninFL; 01-24-10 at 09:10 AM.
    01-24-10 09:06 AM
    with unlocking you should upgrade to the latest firmware on it... I do recommend using Blackra1n to unlock, and cydia. Really easy to complete. Only issue arises with youtube, wifi
    01-24-10 11:24 AM
    with unlocking you should upgrade to the latest firmware on it... I do recommend using Blackra1n to unlock, and cydia. Really easy to complete. Only issue arises with youtube, wifi
    That wasn't the issues that I had. I had a 2g 16gb iphone, and after I unlocked it the cellular data network did not show up for me. I tried every solution that I could find but none worked. I ended up looking up the phone, and it had to be restore. I got rid of the phone and got one that was already unlocked.
    01-24-10 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD