hey guys, new iphone 4 owner here. was wondering if any of you former BB owners have found an app to better control sound profiles on ur iphone? so far it's something that i kinda miss from my old BB.
    i did some research and didn't find anything for non-jailbroken iphones. unfortunately i won't be able to jailbreak right now, as i'm on 4.0.2, so i was hoping to find an app store app for this.
    thanks in advance
    08-31-10 09:29 AM
    I haven't found a thing yet. It's a huge disappointment coming from a BB, and is very frustrating. Even being jailbroken hasn't helped, as I cannot find anything in Cydia that will let me do what I want.
    08-31-10 12:00 PM
    boo! i can't even get it to vibrate for new SMS
    oh well, maybe somebody is working on an app. i know they would make a lot of money from us former BB people!
    08-31-10 12:50 PM
    boo! i can't even get it to vibrate for new SMS
    oh well, maybe somebody is working on an app. i know they would make a lot of money from us former BB people!
    SMS vibrates.
    08-31-10 12:54 PM
    SMS vibrates.
    hmm........either i am doing something wrong, or the vibration is very, VERY weak.
    maybe my settings is wrong?
    08-31-10 02:37 PM
    hmm........either i am doing something wrong, or the vibration is very, VERY weak.
    maybe my settings is wrong?
    Where it says, "New Text Message" you have to turn it on. You should turn the email thing on too.
    08-31-10 03:08 PM
    boo!(again!)
    i was hoping that leaving SMS set to "none" would still vibrate. guess not:/
    oh well....at least i can play words with friends now! LOL!
    08-31-10 03:46 PM
    boo!(again!)
    i was hoping that leaving SMS set to "none" would still vibrate. guess not:/
    oh well....at least i can play words with friends now! LOL!
    If you set your phone to silent mode (flipping the switch). SMS will still vibrate but not ring. Of course that makes it so phone calls don't ring either.

Once a new jailbreak is available, you can insert your own SMS tones. You can just create a silent one and stick it in there. Then you can have your phone calls ring, and your SMS just vibrate.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 08-31-10 at 04:03 PM.
    08-31-10 04:01 PM
    that's a good idea.
    i see that 4.1 is supposed to come next week. CAN'T WAIT FOR JAILBREAK!!
    09-03-10 09:16 AM
    Hey zcyclist, check out MyProfiles. Its for JB only, but looks like what you want. With iOS 4 they might be able to port for non-JB
    09-05-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD