Well what led me to crackberry was a Tour and after one month of use I can tell you the Iphone blows the BB away in
    every area!

Holy cow is this thing HOT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 10:34 PM
    Very sad, but very very true. Two years ago Blackberry was all you would see in the corporate world. Now with all the trick apps set up for business, at my company, the Blackberry is the minority. Age has nothing to do with it. It is common place to see a sixty YOD executive poking away on his Apple. Blackberry is becoming the Edsel of phones whether we like it or not.
    02-11-10 11:10 PM
    I know your trolling, so I will play for a little while...

Your right the BB is in a class by itself. The iPhone can't touch it, and since it only took it three generations to get the simplest and most common phone features working like Bluetooth, MMS, Storage mode support, Access to the File system (Without a Hack). You still can't easily Sim & Network unlock via an unlock code so you can use your phone with any Sim card around the world.

Other than that it's a Great phone, but not anywhere near a Blackberry as a business tool. You like your Precious, thats cool, but don't slam the phone all the cool people including CEO's and movie stars, Singers (Shall we name them all) and the high powered business people carry. That is just rude!
    02-11-10 11:18 PM
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    02-11-10 11:20 PM
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    Your Rocking a 9700 and are telling me something Wow!
    02-11-10 11:23 PM
    uh...nothing was directed to you. It was directed to the OP.
    02-11-10 11:25 PM
    uh...nothing was directed to you. It was directed to the OP.
    Hahaha sorry, was reading quickly through the response, wondering how long it would take for the Fan boy comments to start Flying.
    02-11-10 11:31 PM
    I think the ipod / itouch / iphone / ipad is a great gadget. But I think bb is a great communication device. The bb is my preference. I love my bb prbably the same as you love your iPod and there is nothing wrong with that. A personal passion for a device doesn't make it one product more inferior than the other. Some people are right brained individuals, while others are left brained...that doesn't make me a better person than them. So cheers to the iPod and cheers to the bb.

Side note: isn't there a forum for ipod folks to express there love for their beloved device. Or at least an app for that. Lol

Last edited by sv115; 02-11-10 at 11:46 PM.
    02-11-10 11:37 PM
    Projectile "Your right the BB is in a class by itself. The iPhone can't touch it, and since it only took it three generations to get the simplest and most common phone features working like Bluetooth, MMS, Storage mode support, Access to the File system (Without a Hack"

It also only took them three years to sell 75 Million iPhones while it took Blackberry 10 weird i know right?

So anyway The iPhone is amazing its easy to use very intuitive and RIM seems to see this and has implemented a few iPhone like features themselves to try and not be left behind in the consumer market although its already to late for that. Apple is almost at 30% of the Smartphone Market as a whole which RIM took ten years to garner 41% of weird i know right?
    02-11-10 11:40 PM
    Time for me to jump in...Thats why the the Blackberry Curve is still the best selling smartphone on the market. iPhone lovers just got pwned
    02-12-10 01:15 AM
    Apple is almost at 30% of the Smartphone Market as a whole which RIM took ten years to garner 41% of weird i know right?[/QUOTE]

Here is from the Wall Street Journal dated 2/1/2010

"In the last quarter," he wrote, "Apple Inc.�s iPhone did something it�s rarely done before: lose market share." Sheth's source: data compiled by ABI Research that showed the iPhone accounting 16.6% of smartphone sales in the fourth quarter of 2009, down from 18.1% in the third � an 8.3% dip.

To the OP that says Apple has 30% marketshare is incorrect, they have 25.3% marketshare of the smartphone. And Blackberry has 41.6% of marketshare. This data from 2/9/2010

If your gonna open your mouth and post marketshare figures make sure they are correct, a 5% differnce is huge
    02-12-10 01:26 AM
    Time for me to jump in...Thats why the the Blackberry Curve is still the best selling smartphone on the market. iPhone lovers just got pwned
    Well technically the top selling individual smartphone is the iPhone 3Gs the blackberry curve series which includes 7 diff curve models is the top selling smartphone in the US.

02-12-10 01:32 AM
    Apple is almost at 30% of the Smartphone Market as a whole which RIM took ten years to garner 41% of weird i know right?

"In the last quarter," he wrote, "Apple Inc.�s iPhone did something it�s rarely done before: lose market share." Sheth's source: data compiled by ABI Research that showed the iPhone accounting 16.6% of smartphone sales in the fourth quarter of 2009, down from 18.1% in the third � an 8.3% dip.

To the OP that says Apple has 30% marketshare is incorrect, they have 25.3% marketshare of the smartphone. And Blackberry has 41.6% of marketshare. This data from 2/9/2010

If your gonna open your mouth and post marketshare figures make sure they are correct, a 5% differnce is huge[/QUOTE]

Were you in re special educations math class? I clearly said almost 30% I think 25.3% is almost 30% last I checked I'm not sure I could be wrong though. If your goin to attack someone make sure you take into account everything I said. You may think 5% is huge I don't matter of personal opion i would say. And were typing not opening our mouths calm down it's not that serious. And finally with consumers adopting more smartphone and android stepping into the market look for your blackberry marketshare to keep declining.

Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 02-12-10 at 01:38 AM.
    02-12-10 01:36 AM
    I had the blackberry curve and it isnt great at all. Curve lovers just got "pwned"
    02-12-10 01:37 AM
    Shipanda he was lost thebiphone didn't get secon to one specific curve it wa 7 phones polled together so really th iPhone is the top selling consumer device.

02-12-10 01:39 AM
    1. RIM - BlackBerry Curve
    2. Apple - iPhone 3G S
    3. Motorola - DROID
    4. Apple - iPhone 3G
    5. RIM - BlackBerry Pearl
    6. RIM - BlackBerry Bold
    7. RIM - BlackBerry Storm
    8. Palm - Pre
    9. RIM - BlackBerry Tour
    10. T-Mobile - myTouch 3G

Here are your TOP 10 best selling Smartphone's on the market, Funny how Blackberry has 5 spots
    02-12-10 01:43 AM

"In the last quarter," he wrote, "Apple Inc.’s iPhone did something it’s rarely done before: lose market share." Sheth's source: data compiled by ABI Research that showed the iPhone accounting 16.6% of smartphone sales in the fourth quarter of 2009, down from 18.1% in the third — an 8.3% dip.

If your gonna open your mouth and post marketshare figures make sure they are correct, a 5% differnce is huge
    Were you in re special educations math class? I clearly said almost 30% I think 25.3% is almost 30% last I checked I'm not sure I could be wrong though. If your goin to attack someone make sure you take into account everything I said. You may think 5% is huge I don't matter of personal opion i would say. And were typing not opening our mouths calm down it's not that serious. And finally with consumers adopting more smartphone and android stepping into the market look for your blackberry marketshare to keep declining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

It's clear by your posting you are the one in special education. If you iPhone fan boys are gonna run your mouths please post actual data, and nothing that is pulled out of you behinds. 5% of marketshare is huge, just to give you iPhone fanboys how huge 5% is, Thats the market share of the Android device's. So yes 5% is HUGE.
    02-12-10 01:49 AM
    2. Apple - iPhone 3G S
    3. Motorola - DROID
    4. Apple - iPhone 3G
    6. RIM - BlackBerry Bold
    8. Palm - Pre
    9. RIM - BlackBerry Tour

Here are your TOP 10 best selling Smartphone's on the market, Funny how Blackberry has 5 spots
    Funny how you're in the iphone section not the curve. Move along. I don't care how much you love your curve. This isnt the section for it.
    02-12-10 01:55 AM
    2. Apple - iPhone 3G S
    3. Motorola - DROID
    4. Apple - iPhone 3G
    6. RIM - BlackBerry Bold
    8. Palm - Pre
    9. RIM - BlackBerry Tour
    As I said before **** you see how it says Blackberry Curve and doesn't give a model number it's because this includes seven different devices. your fearless leader Kevin even posted a blog asking if it was fair that the phones were polled this way because if you combine both iPhone models we would clearly own the top slot. Now on to **** two who I told before and I will tell again 5% is big to you, your own personal opinion no problem feel how you want to me it isn't. Do you understand the words on your moniter now.

Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 02-12-10 at 01:58 AM.
    02-12-10 01:56 AM
    Well, lessee. 10 years to build a market that didn't exist when it started. Barely a concept. Trial and development. Network integration. Expansion. So they go through all of the growing pains, develop the concept we call smartphone, made it work, made it the standard, and then a fellow follows up and creates a device that couldn't exist without the years of previous knowledge, adds a whole bunch of ooh, ahh, and promptly crashes the network they put it on repeatedly anytime anyone gets a really strenuous brainfart or a celebrity assumes room temperature.
    Nice to be able to stand on the shoulders of a giant and pee down his neck, isn't it? But such is the nature of things.

So, we'll see what happens the next time a major crisis goes down, and our iPhone compadres are sitting around playing Doodle Leap and bumping their fart apps trying to send a message, and the people tapping on their 'antiquated' BlackBerrys are actually getting things done.

But when their network can keep it up, they can have a pretty good time.

There's always room for improvement, any way you look at it.

02-12-10 01:58 AM
    Funny how you're in the iphone section not the curve. Move along. I don't care how much you love your curve. This isnt the section for it.
    Last time I checked this is crackberry.com, not an iPhone forum. Plus i don't use a Curve. I have the Bold 9700 and the Storm 2 9550.
    02-12-10 02:00 AM
    Last time I checked this is crackberry.com, not an iPhone forum. Plus i don't use a Curve. I have the Bold 9700 and the Storm 2 9550.
    Good for you. You're so big and mighty with your blackberries.
    02-12-10 02:01 AM
    Well, lessee. 10 years to build a market that didn't exist when it started. Barely a concept. Trial and development. Network integration. Expansion. So they go through all of the growing pains, develop the concept we call smartphone, made it work, made it the standard, and then a fellow follows up and creates a device that couldn't exist without the years of previous knowledge, adds a whole bunch of ooh, ahh, and promptly crashes the network they put it on repeatedly anytime anyone gets a really strenuous brainfart or a celebrity assumes room temperature.
    Nice to be able to stand on the shoulders of a giant and pee down his neck, isn't it? But such is the nature of things.

So, we'll see what happens the next time a major crisis goes down, and our iPhone compadres are sitting around playing Doodle Leap and bumping their fart apps trying to send a message, and the people tapping on their 'antiquated' BlackBerrys are actually getting things done.

For some reason I can't seem to remember the last time I had an outage on my iPhone weird.

But as far as RIM goes with starting the smartphone marke check your facts I was palm that started it however RIM made it popular among business users now iPhone is making it popular among consumers stop living in the past this is now.

02-12-10 02:02 AM

My iphone keeps up better than my curve and pearl put together on this network.
    02-12-10 02:03 AM
    A storm 2 hahahaha now there's a real consumer device hahahaha

02-12-10 02:04 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD