If a person knows what "alt+shift+del" does then why would anyone pull the back off and take the battery out? All touch screen maybe? I never did get why so many people talk about pulling the battery out of the phone. Until recently the Storm 1&2 were the only phones where "alt+shift+del" couldn't be used.

Why do people insist on taking the battery out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-15-11 at 02:12 AM.
    10-15-11 02:09 AM
    I think if you are going to buy a phone without a keyboard, just get the 4S.
    Just skip considering any other phone and go directly to iPhone? Is that what all the slab users should do?

10-15-11 02:18 AM
    If a person knows what "alt+shift+del" does then why would anyone pull the back off and take the battery out? All touch screen maybe? I never did get why so many people talk about pulling the battery out of the phone. Until recently the Storm 1&2 were the only phones where "alt+shift+del" couldn't be used.

Why do people insist on taking the battery out?

I can only speak for myself: alt+shift+del keys did not reboot my Bold well at all; worked maybe 15% of the time. Often already in a state of some degree of aggravation from a freeze up or other malfunction, it was just easier to pop the battery out than continue pressing the keys hoping to get lucky.
    10-15-11 03:13 AM
    On my 9800, I always had to hold in alf + shift + del for at least 20 seconds before it did anything. So it was faster in the end for me to take the battery out.
    10-15-11 05:56 AM
    Well, alt-shift-delete is considered a "soft" reset. It does not work as well as taking the battery out does, which is considered a "hard" reset.

10-15-11 08:00 AM
    Is the 9900 out in the US yet? And which company will it be with, or is it with? I have ATT and I don't see it there yet.

10-15-11 08:02 AM
    Is the 9900 out in the US yet? And which company will it be with, or is it with? I have ATT and I don't see it there yet.

9930 is on VZW and Sprint, and the 9900 is on T-Mobile. AT&T is the only major carrier that doesn't have it.
    10-15-11 08:09 AM
    Just great. I always thought ATT was the main BB carrier.

10-15-11 08:23 AM
    LOL. Im pretty sure EVERYBODY has the 9900 around the wworld now except ATnT
    10-15-11 08:28 AM

I am pretty sure they have the most BIS/BES subscribers on their network in the US. VZW is #2 for BBs I believe.
    10-15-11 08:33 AM

Thought so too and just knew they would be one of the first to have all of the new ios7 devices ....
    10-15-11 09:12 AM
    Just skip considering any other phone and go directly to iPhone? Is that what all the slab users should do?

Yup. If you want a phone with a real keyboard, the 9900/9930 is the one to get. If you are content to type on glass, might as well get the number one slab phone.
    10-15-11 11:08 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD